Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

The future of Burranbur Dance

i think i could do it if i didnt have to cover my face, i dont have a good sense of direction. id prolly get tangled in the cloth and suffocate. laugh, but with my luck thats what would happen, im really clumsy. i like the idea of reinventing too, itd be cool cause i know penty of dancehall moves, reggae dances but only like 1 somali dance and i only know it in theory and that aint right.

Scorpion...welcome back ;) I think I haven't see ya lately.

I remember wixii iga raacey from learning niiko..so buranbur is not even an option anymore:) but I love the dance itself, so I'll just watch. ma rabo karaamada inaanka qaado nooh :D

Gediid   

Ameeneh

Adigu iskeen bal markaas baa ciid iyo biyo loo kala bixi doonaa.Anyways who said anything about me dancing.Me just a simple choreographer.You know the guy who tells you where to move and *WHAT TO MOVE*.

*Notice the emphasis on what to move.....

;);)

Runaway^Virgin i have been around (although posting once in couple of days) but i know it's hard for you to see me while u running :D:D:D:D:D ...But i am glad to see u getting back to posting more as in the old days...u style has been missed, at least by me...bee bye

A7LA-SHU   

Ameenah atleast u guys got mom or aunt who knows those things, in my family there is no one like dat.. the only true somalian is my dad and he is a guy icon_razz.gif ... but if u gonna teach me maybe it wouldn't be soo bad.. and i might dance it at ur weddin how about dat?? :D:D

SCORPION_SISTA. i know huh.. seriously that is one thing annoyin about it(qabil thingy)... if they had that changed to something different would be kool.. but then again it is traditional stuff so it wouldn't be good idea to change it.. oh well..

and

hey.....

when at a weddign they talk about qabiils in buraanbur...they just mentioning the good parts. (amaan) not only do they admire the qabiil, but the girl/boy and his/her family 2.

i think it is a good thing, not at all bad.

so...where is the venue for jumping around like mad pigeons?

Originally posted by SCORPION_SISTA:

loooool i remembered the first time i did this dance...it was couple of years ago at my friend's wedding...I was pushed in and i didn't know a damn thing...all the ladies just laughed they couldn't even play the drum anymore, cause they were laughing so hard...my sister said i danced like native indians...But it was the most memorable thing of the whole wedding, so i wasn't that upset...Although i vowed i would how to do this dance if it killed me...So i asked my aunts who showed me for one day how to do it...2 things i learned: 1. it's more shoulder work than foot work, 2. it's an attitude dance...If u get those two and u have a rythem it shouldn't be hard to know...Best of luck...bee bye

p.s. although i like the style of this dance, I don't like that they mention stuffs about "qabiils"

looooooool...native indian kumalahooo...waaba laguu dhameeye bee qof yahay...

My friend was once getting married and i promised her i would buraanbur...i forgot to take my high heel shoes off,my dirac was very long,goobta markaan galay,oo dadkii buuxaan ,oo kaameraha laduubaayo..ee lug ii baxday,you figure out the rest :(

ps. hate the qabiil thing too :mad:

Blessed   

^^^ loooooooooooooooooool. Miskiinah, laakin what made you think you can jump and not ----- with your high hills... your a gutsy gal... videoga ma kasoo baxdey?

Ameeneh

Adigu iskeen bal markaas baa ciid iyo biyo loo kala bixi doonaa.Anyways who said anything about me dancing.Me just a simple choreographer.You know the guy who tells you where to move and *WHAT TO MOVE*.

*Notice the emphasis on what to move.....

Gediid..

Allah, adigaa :rolleyes: :rolleyes: sometimes I dunno wether to laugh or throw my dacas at ya :D Laakin, huuno, I think your mixing buraanbur with another dance ... the only thing tahts moves waa lugu and shoulders .... so get your head out of the bulaacad icon_razz.gif

Magnoona,

Girl thats on... at my wedding you better inaad ii ciyaartid, or i'll drag you by you hair around the dance floor :D

Silent sistah.. mad pegions looooooooooooool we need qof heesa...

Xafsa   

lol @ scorpian sis---you got guts hon...!!

Geedid ---where to shake kulahaa---ciyaala suuq waaxid!!1

Changed   

i did it at my sister wedding and all the habro were in the watch for me and my freinds they thought we got there to mess the aroos for them ..so as i would get in the circle one woman would push her *** on me and i would be out i would not even get close to the "GOOB" shoo.....

now what is this talk about getting around and learning togheter..i see its the london folks ..girls tape the practice and send it .we could use a tape to learn.....

Senora   

^^^^LOL, Im with you on that one^^^

I used to like to watch the Burranbur dances

Oh my goodness, i love watching those kind of dances...those are the things i look forward too when attending weddings....

p.s. Scorpion_sista its good seeing you around....oh and Ameenahcongrats on becoming moderator :D

rudy,,,,i think that the highlight of a rer xamar wedding is the niiko,,,well buraanbur, ir the highlight of the rer wogooyi wedding...

maybe im wrong...but i think its that way round (even though i have seen rer xamaar do buraanbur)

anyways...we need:-

4 ladies to beat the durbaans.

3 singers (they will need to rotate and freestyle)

and as many dancers as possible..

i see its the london folks ..girls tape the practice and send it .we could use a tape to learn.....

get you group together,,,many of the sisters in here are not from the UK,,,but i am...so uk ppl lets jump!