Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

The future of Burranbur Dance

Princess_sexy it is wonderful to have u back...I understand a girl got to take a break from SOL from time to time...So hope u enjoyed ur time off and happy to see u replying again...bee bye

P.s. i had to come back, i couldn't have another outlet...I know u will understand ;););)

Actually, I haven't seen much buraanbur dancing at weddings. But it doesn't look that hard to learn. Niiko now is a different story...I have given up on that. Which may be a good thing coz it's so bloody explicit! redface.gif

Originally posted by somealien:

i think i could do it if i didnt have to cover my face, i dont have a good sense of direction. id prolly get tangled in the cloth and suffocate. laugh, but with my luck thats what would happen, im really clumsy.

Dhikh dhikh dhikh! :D:D

well s-sista can u send me a tape? i would to check it, also with english sub-title if u know what mean!lol...i kinda tired of hollywood crab. and since anorld the termintor is running for the governor of california, i think is time to move somewhere else. may i should check london town! all i know about london is Austin Power movies!lol....he really trahes the place.

Modesty   

Barwaaqo I do think that the niiko is so bloody explicit especially when there are guys all around, but its so fun when its in a small wedding.

A7LA-SHU   

Originally posted by Latiif:

Does any1 here know Batar?

I think its much more exciting than Buraanbur which is only for the durmarka/hablaha.

hahahah latiif let me guess it is one of those games u used to play when u was 5 lol just kiddin.. but i was gonna say some of us don't know that buranbur thing and u sayin that batar lord knows what it is ain't helpin. so holdin to that one untill mizz ameenah teachs me that buranbur.. :D

but if it is that easy write all i need to know to learn that dance ;):D

Manaal   

Buraanbur isn't that the elder women get drums and scream like maniac.. I get headache every time I heard that load drums and qabiil stuff, but hey is part of our culture.Let me know when u all SOL nomads become expert of the dance, I will make sure to invite in my wedding nite, just to see u all dancing.......lol ;)

Manaal   

Buraanbur isn't that the elder women get drums and scream like maniac.. I get headache every time I heard that load drums and qabiil stuff, but hey is part of our culture.Let me know when u all SOL nomads become expert of the dance, I will make sure to invite in my wedding nite, just to see u all dancing ;)

Ladiif   

No Modesty, I haven't invent but was there since Ayeeyo iyo Awoowe arrived the Horn!

Modesty and Magnoona, here are few more somali dances.

1. Batar

2. Guuxa

3. Dhaanto

4. Jaan dheer

5. Guuroow

6. Caways

7. Saar

8. Shirib

9. Wala-Saqo

10.Gabley shinbir

Btw, all these dances available on vidoes "@Bulaale Somali Hidiyo Dhaqan Shop" in Mpls and you can place ur order and will receive 'em w/in 3 business days!

A7LA-SHU   

latiif that is soo kool.. dym u just proved the fact that im 100% lost somalian kid lol.. but im glad to know there are some videos available.. well im hopin i'll come to mpls around Dec break. so i might get them insha'allah.or try to find them here in my town.... thanks dude..

masallama

Dhimbil   

The end of buraanbur is near....But if you want to Learn Dhaanto, give me a shout...I have 2/3yrs of dhaanto experience on my resume ;) Ya know i got this. Holla if you want to learn.

Ladiif   

^^^^^illmarric, baryahan waxaa socota new version of Dhaanto oo loo yaqaan "Guuxa" very sofisticated nooc of Dhaanto sxb adiguna bahal outdated ah ayaad dhaantaan aqaanaayey leedaha, war naga fadhiiso yaan lagu maqline selee calaa :D

Hey, when r u goin to hit the road? isla garan giigii-LOL!