Sign in to follow this  
WarsameYare

Is this true?????

I came with this supposedly written by the former president of Somaliland to the former prime minister of Isral begging him for recognition and cooperation. Though I have heard the existence of such letter which was broadcast by Alzazeera but unfortuntunately I dont speak Arabic hence this is my first chance to read it thoroughly. The Source is in bottom incase any of you may interest to pursue the validity of the case which I am also trying to do

Text of the letter sent by fax to former Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin by President of the Republic of Somaliland Mohamed Ibrahim Egal.

Republic of Somaliland

The Presidency

Our Ref: SLR/PO/ISPMI/7/95

Your Ref: .......................

3 July 1995

Hargeisa

His Excellency The Prime Minister

of Israel Mr Yitshak Rabin

Hakirya, Fax No. 972 2 513 950

Jerusalem, Israel

Your Excellency,

Re: Establishing Strategic Partnership with the State of Israel

In my capacity as the President of the Republic of Somaliland, an admirer of the state of Israel and the courage of its people, please accept my

compliments and my people's profound felicitations to you, your Government, President and the people of Israel for their tenacity, strength and resourcefulness which had finally constrained its adversaries to make peace

with the State of Israel. I have the honour of representing the people of Somaliland and its nascent state in this opportunity for seeking to

establish amiable and strategic links with the State of Israel.

It is important to note that our two nations have had strong links since time immemorial. Indicative of such historical links, stretching well before the advent of Islam to this date, is the influence of the Hebrew culture in Somaliland and how Jewish legends and their mystical powers are widely acknowledged and homage paid to them. In addition, the people of

Somaliland are appreciative as they have an indelible memory of the fact that Israel was among the first three countries who recognised Somaliland after it declared its independence from Britain on 26th June 1960, alas, that independence lasted no more than four days as Somaliland entered into a voluntary union with the UN Trust Territory of Somalia on 1st July 1960, in the hope of creating Greater Somalia.

Exactly, thirty five years later, the dreams of Greater Somalia are discredited and disavowed. It was under the union with Somalia that Somaliland found itself a pathetic captive within a ruthless, destructive and hostile state. Indeed, it was this union whose culmination was the

tyrannous and repressive regime of the late Siyad Barre which brought about the enormous suffering, starvation and destruction in which the

world had witnessed and came to notice, too well, during the past five years or so. The people of Somaliland have renounced such a union in May

1991 and reclaimed their independent sovereign entity, and nothing will make them reverse the decision to extricate themselves from the captivity of Somalia.

The vice-president and the Foreign Minister of Somaliland have, recently, paid an official visit to Eritrea and while there met H.E. Ariel Kerem,

the Ambassador of Israel in Eritrea, who furnished them with valuable advice and suggested that I, the President of Somaliland, should write to your Excellency, as the Prime Minister of Israel, in person, informing you about Somaliland's eagerness to establish an ex parte relationship based on strategic partnership with the State of Israel and sharing with you

about my government's concerns and fears vis-a-vis the alarming menace emanating from the expansion of Islamic influence in our strategic region.

As I am sure you are aware, at the height of the cold war Somalia's strategic geographical location was acknowledged by both sides

(East/West). Today, however, although the West had won the cold war and the threat of communism appears to be vanishing in many parts of the

world, we, in the Horn of Africa, are being threatened by a more sinister and pernicious enemy in the form of encroaching Islamic influence. It would be true to say that the State of Israel and its people are, perhaps, more aware and alert of such threats than most other countries, and know how perilous and pestilential the spread of Islamic influence would mean

for the entire region.

The political upheavals which have been taking place in the Horn of Africa and the lack of stability in the region could be aggravated further if the influence of Islamic Fundamentalism is not curtailed or contained very

soon. Somaliland's concern is reinforced by the growing influence of the Saudis and the pro-Islamic Yemen, particularly ever since it had crushed and defeated the South Yemeni's courageous attempt to forsake or renounce

its union with the north. Discovering that Eritrea is not interested [in] to act as an Arab satellite, both Sana' and Riyadh, as well as Khartoum (not to mention how pariah states like Iran and Libya are meddling into the internal affairs of my country), are now directing their efforts to force Somaliland to forfeit or withdraw its independence with the intention of installing a pro-Islamic Somali state (under a federal Somalia). This will most definitely render the control of both the north and southern coasts of the Red Sea to pro-Islamic regimes, with the exception of Eritrea and the miniature state of Djibouti which has no significance leaving the whole region to become a bed-rock for Islamic influence.

Your Excellency, my government firmly believes that owing to this region's strategic geopolitical importance as a result of its propinquity to the oil routes and the narrow Babul-Mendeb entrance, as well as its proximity

to the Gulf, the Middle East and the access to the Indian Ocean, it will be highly deleterious if such a strategic region falls almost entirely

under the dominion of pro-Islamic regimes. Needless to say that this should be a portentous eventuality which will in turn adversely affect the national security of the State of Israel, and that of other countries in the Horn of Africa who are trying to recover from years, if not decades,

of both man-made and natural disasters i.e. civil wars, military coups, draughts and famines, etc. In addition, since countries in the region are

not politically stable the encroachment of Islamic influence will most certainly have a destabilising effect. For instance, in Ethiopia with its various nationalities and particularly with its large Muslim population, the expansion of pro-Islamists in the region would act as a tinder-box with the potential to enflame the entire region.

Although the people of Somaliland are over 98% Muslims, they are, nevertheless, averse to adopt an antiquated Islamic Sharia Law as their

way of living and governance. In contrast my government intends to make Somaliland a beacon of democracy and oasis for stability in this region of upheavals and turmoil. But this is unlikely to happen in the present climate, as we are ranged against by strong and powerful Islamic proxies

whose primary aim is to put out such an illume of hope. A foretaste of what will happen if dark forces of Islamists will succeed in their pursuit

of bringing in a passé or an out-moded system, could be seen in Mogadishu today, where a de facto administration from a coalition of Islamic proxies and minority tribal groups headed by not so long ago UN/International fugitive warlord General Aideed, where Islamic surrogates have been

infringing people's human rights with impunity; people are being stoned to death for committing no crime other than fornication; and limbs are being chopped off for petty crimes such as mugging and burglary in a barbaric inhuman and uncivilised manner. My government has, in lieu of imposing Sharia Law on our people, just completed the draft of a new secular Constitution which is very liberal and mundane, for I am conscious that

Sharia Law does not reflect the needs of my people who are aspiring to become a modern society.

Pro-Islamists are hell bent on spreading their influence & version of Islam in the region, and are exploiting the plight of the people of

Somaliland. Islamists are the kind of people inspired by a boundless hate who could even exculpate and excuse the crimes of the Holocaust. They have scant regard of the dire needs of the Somali people. All they are interested in is to have their way and are pouring arms and funds to

set-up a pro-Islamic regime in our country and establish more Islamic proxies throughout the region. Their modus operandi is to take advantage

of people's predicament and impose unsuitable Islamic regimes upon and unsuspecting people. Somalila nd is doing all it can to be a bulwark

against the spread of Islamic fundamentalism and sees this as an international issue, thus would appreciate it if your Excellency would use

your good offices & enormous influence in the West, particularly in the US, to alert them about the portentous/ominous situation developing in

this region, so that they would not remain hapless on-lookers while their national/international interests are being threatened. I am absolutely certain that those Arab countries noted above, as well as Iran, will

whip-up Islamic/Arab passion against Somaliland establishing amiable & strategic partnership with the State of Israel and thus could use this as

a pretext to exacerbate our situation further both inside and outside Somaliland. However, those countries need to know that my government is

not playing with empty emotions, as they often do, but playing pragmatism and real politick for the best interest of its people and country. The

people of Somaliland have a daunting and onerous task to overcome their Islamist adversaries and contain the encroachment of Islamic influence,

considering their strength, however, we are like David facing Goliath, but then there were an overwhelming odds against Israel when it defeated Arabs in three major wars. In order to surmount such an onerous task my government needs the support and assistance of the State of Israel, not

only to defend our nascent state from the menace of pro-Islamist dark forces, but also in terms of relief, rehabilitation and reconstruction of

this devastated country. In this regard my government has a number of priority areas where your Excellency's assistance is pivotal to the people of Somaliland, among these are: First, military equipment and counter insurgency experts. Second, conducting plebiscite on the issue of independence at the end of next year 1996 or early 1997. Third, relief and

rehabilitation aid as well as development advisers, petroleum and mineral exploitation expertise. The people of Somaliland have full confidence in their government and are absolutely behind me in this historic decision of

establishing strategic partnership with the state of Israel and I am determined to see it come into fruition.

Shalom,

I have the honour to remain Your Obedient Servant

Mohamed Ibrahim Egal

President

Republic of Somaliland

------------------------***---------------------

The source of this letter is from:

Liberty For the Muslim World,

Postal Address: BM Freedom, London WC1N 3XX, U.K.

Tel: 0181-4526210

Fax: 0181-4502019

Mob: 0468298219

Observer   

Well, the reliability of this letter is a bit questionable. However, neither i ask/insist for proof nor dismiss the validity of this. I have seen many desperate people seekiing help/recognition from them. If this happen to be "true and real" letter from the renegad province of somalia to estblish "a stratagic link with the state of Isreal". That is nothing but sad. Lets wait and see the response from "His excellence the prime minister of isreal". If you have that letter make sure u post it for more detail and in order to follow up.

nuune   

actually i even heard of some israeli companies are already in this region,but it is heresay anyway!!

i also heard that they have partership in the field of millitary and army,i got this information from alsharq-alwsat arabic newspaper a year ago!!

SamiGyrl   

Whether he wrote it or not I dont know, but hey thats the way you do business!!!

We have links with Israel only on religion and he pointed that out, so your claims about Somalilanders being Jewsish is insane. I think someone said something along those lines on Somalinet, sad.

He was writing a letter extending friendship, and we do that to many countries and you would be surprised who decides to come and invest.

Anyways, what have Jews done to Somali's? Nothing, they hate Arabssssssssssss, and we are not arabs so get over it, am Half Arab and I dont consider myself one, so what makes you think, a pitch blk negro from Somalia would be considered arab? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ohh and secondly the Israeli government has opened up the Kibutizms to other people of other nations to learn how to work with desert areas and farm on them, and I know they set up many somaliland students with universities in Israel and other nations too.

Its all about doing business if you will let emotional issues get in the way, like the treatment of arabs then your not going anywhere.

-SamiGyrl

Changed   

BISMILLAHI RAHMANI RAHIIM :D

i hope its not the truth and if it is the truth the guy must have been under alot of pressure to do what he did :confused: ........may allah forgive him and bless him with a better brain cuz he calls him self a leader when he needs to be lead ;) .........adios ........as to samigrl question sister they hate all muslims not arabs that is were u are wrong ......somalis are not negros so i suggest u apologize to all somali in this forum for calling then negroos........i know the word nigga is not bad but i also know ur intention u meant it in a wrong way and u owe all of us and apology..

1luv

Blessed   

GfUd

The guy is dead... May Allah forgive him his sins .. in sha Allah.

Samy

walaalo. Arabs are our brothers in terms of religion. Isreal may not have damaged Somalis personaly... but their war is with Islam.. and last time I checked Somalilanders were muslims!!!

Anyhow... back to the letter.

Igal was a politician.. they do weird things sometimes. but what is the big deal? I don't understand ...

I doubt that it is true.. simply because Igal was the least serious about Achieving recognition for Somaliland as a seperate state.

But... so what?

Baashi   

I doubt he wrote that too. Actually, I would say he hadn't written that letter..unless u prove me wrong!

Don't propagate bad things, that u are not sure about its source, about dead pple.

Macalin   

as the Prime Minister of Israel, in person, informing you about Somaliland's eagerness to establish an ex parte relationship based on strategic partnership with the State of Israel and sharing with you

about my government's concerns and fears vis-a-vis the alarming menace emanating from the expansion of Islamic influence in our strategic region.

THIS IS UNCALLED FOR!!!!!!

If he did write this then it must be due to an act of DESPERATION!!!..see no one is willing to recognise somaliland esp them arab nations, knowing the shrewed nature iof being an Egal, he might have done this to piss off the arabs@!..

Having said that, his points of arguments are really really wicked!

hate to say this

Oblivion   

Only the Lord knows if its authentic..but one thing i know for sure somaliland leaders are up to no good, they sympathized with the British oppressors, now with Israelis..the next in line is the devil himself. There's gotta be some bad blood in them.

Inaan Lilaahi Wa inaa Ileeyhi Raajicuun

Ilaahoo Noo Naxariiso. (Amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin Amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin)

If this is ture, which i ask Allah not to make it true My alaah for give him what he has done. Even though there was alot avidness that he committed in the past 10 years. recently there was also another case that alot somalis was talking about that he gave to the eithopian 15 somalian (culamaaul Diin) that he cliam that there were Alqaacida membars. ( so to get a name alot war world leader would do such thing to get a recognize. And i think all of you might know alot Asxaabi Rasuulilaah SCW lost their life t o protect our leligious. Even our prophet SCW lost his teeth.

(And remembar we are African's we are not Arabs) :confused:

(The Arabas we share onlyreligion) :D

May alaah for give as all of us.

This are fabricated un-worthy words. Its against the ethics of Somaliland. A contradictory note coined to be a blasphemous rhetoric against a land that has the Shahaada as its emblem of nastional flag.

Jamilah   

Weather this is true or not i cannot say but my fellow brothers and sisters try and avoid criticizing a dead man for something we cannot say is true or false....

Ameenah,

"What's the big deal?" I'll tell you the big deal Israel has always been enemies with muslims and the last i checked the population of somali people were muslims so i guess that means us!

The case is no longer about weather the letter is authentic or not but what effects it will have on somali people what do you have to say about that? do you care if your country becomes an allie with the very people who want to kill you although personally i believe Israel do not give a crap about Somalia and they will never become allies.

Samigyrl,

"What have jews did to somali's" its not a matter of what they have done to somali's themselves but what they done to muslims and only Allah (SWT) knows what they are planning to do, so get your facts right. By the way Sami the thing about Somali's with jewish descent it is true it was a long time ago when Jewish people were facing troubles around the world how long ago i don't know anyways they took refuge in Somalia and converted to Islam and they have lived there from generation to generation they are disliked in Somalia despite them being Muslim so once again get ur facts right before saying things are insane when they are indeed true.

anywayz.......back 2 the letter

What is wrong with Somali politicans and No i am not talking about Igal but others like Mr Hussein Caydeed they becoming more and more defenceless and asking for reconigtion and cooperation from countries such as Israel and America, Who want nothing to do with us.

I dont no whether what u bring is true or not.

What i do no is that as muslims we should at the very list acknowledge the struggles and suffering that our Palestinian Brothers and sister go through daily. how? Never give israel recognition (even if it doesnt matter) and certainly never asspouse to having econimc or strategic ties with them.

As someone rightly pointed out they are out war with islam througth their various intermediaries and i personally would feel disgusted if somethin like that discribed in ur post was to transpire to be true.