Sign in to follow this  
TASHA

What does somalia love mean to you?

TASHA   

would say my thoughts about "somalia Love" are that I, as a somalia female, should:

Know "self" first

Understand my own 'somalianess'

Self actualization/realization of what 'love' is to me

Recognize what I want from a relationship

Be sure about what I am willing to give to a relationship

SOUL DEEP

I know that I want to be in an 'exclusive' relationship with a somali man ~ one in which we enhance each other, uplift each other, and are working towards the betterment of ourselves both as a union, then as individuals within the relationship.

Sharing love with each other completely ~ mentally, physically and spiritually.

To experience true "somlia love" I am unsure that I have.... I've been 'in love' before, as a sista dating, or in relationships with brothas, but I don't think that I feel like I can say that it was "somalilove"... rather than just -- love in general?~

......................... icon_razz.gif

lol..strange..but i actually agree with you...not entirely but in part.... i feel you...lol

First, I don't know if the fact that I am somalia woman will be enough to answer this question. lol icon_razz.gif

Second, to me the act of being IN LOVE has no degree of difference regardless of the racial background of the man I’m in love with.

Third, in saying that I must love myself, first. I must have some understanding of who I am and where I am in life.

Fourth, I do know where my somaliness has been and what somaliness has come through. I understand that the somlai family unit has been near death and resuscitated. I have some idea of where relationship between somalia men and somalia women stands today..

Finally, if somalia love encompass understanding the history of our somaliness, what we have gone through and continue to go through, then I know more than I think. :D I feel that at some point in any relationship both partners should have some idea of the other person's history, immediate and long gone. Knowing your partner’s history HELPS IN UNDERSTANDING WHERE YOU STAND TOGETHER, because our history (no matter how far back) is the foundation of making us who/what we are and who/what we are going become.

This is just my view of thangs! smile.gif

SALAAMZ

lovely me: SEEMS LIKE YOUR VIEW OF THANGS, GOT ME OF THE HOOK! YOU SAID IT WELL ABAYOO, SAVED ME SOME WORDS AND ENERGY TOO!! :D;) WINK,WINK

PEACE I'M OUT!

MUCH LOVE!

-KIWI   

I am quite astonished at how many threads are dedicated to the meaning of love. Why are you all so perturbed about love. :rolleyes:

Paragon   

Love or in-love, be it with a Somali or non-Somali... there is no much difference. After all we are one species, no need to seperate one love from the other. Love whoever you want, it is upto you.

PS: Love is becoming a cliche'

hmmm...I am assuming this about somali love between men and women and not general love...If that is the case this is my input if not ooooops.

1. Know "self" first

--> I can't even stress how important that is for everyone to do so...One should never lie to themselves about who and what they stand for...Espcially in a somali community where most of the times we are all lumped up together with every single girl that's out there...Quite a lot of my friends get mad when guyz say stuffs about somali girls and i say to them always, "if u know who you are it shouldn't matter what some dude says cause you really don't have to validate yourself in anyone's eyes. If guys want to make assumption about girls that's their loss, don't sweat it.."

2.Understand my own 'somalianess'

My family...Their love, interactions, values, how they fight together but united against anyone else. And the list goes on, but to me they are

and will always be my image of somali...

3. Self actualization/realization of what 'love' is to me.

--> You know what i really laugh when i see a lot of men trying to blame what women say now they need from a relationship or expect on western hypnosis...I mean really our social interaction structure has changed...Maybe some of people wouldn't be signing the tune they weren't here now or back in Somalia, but that's the whole point. We are not the people we could or should have been because we are continously shaped and re-shaped in our needs and values by many aspects and that's part of growing up...So it's not to be blamed on watching "sleepless in seattle" movie and now we all want that type of "love"...I mean most of us back in Somali didn't even wonder or care about love, who is to say that we wouldn't have had the same or close ideology about "love" that we have now...

3. Recognize what I want from a relationship

--> Excately, again don't lie to yourself...No shit about trying to change a person or what not...Either take them like they are or leave them...Don't be cocky..

4.Be sure about what I am willing to give to a relationship.

--> Do onto others as you would like others to do onto to ya...Don't ask for anything you aren't willing to give...Because with equality we have a balance..Best advice i heard

So after all that rambling on, my final thought...I don't believe in somali love between males and females...As a matter of fact from what i had seen so far, a somali guy or woman for that matter saying "1-4-3" isn't even worth a shit in my opinion...That's more than my usual 1 1/2 cents on this topic...