Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Even 100 years of No Recognition ........

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

looooool ,,,,,,, we happy with the dhagaxaas niyow
:D

JB watch out of what you wish for sxb. anigaa idinka naxaayo. even laascaano, garoowe Qardho and galkacyo are very close with you guys and they don't have all the goods. so marka yeesan qudaar la aan idunku dhicin. :D

Johnny B   

Disregarding the minister's outburst of indignation, i think 16 long years of "NO, sorry , we can't recognize your fiefdom" had reduced the secession dream of some Somaliland die-hards to a simple political bargaining chip held in the name of a certain Clan.

The lesser the organizations that are left to cover the closer the end of the road gets ,simple, and the failed attempts so far include UN,AU,AL,OIC, etc etc.

The minister's pretense can't sell a two year kid the idea of running north westren regions of Somalia as a sovereign but unrecognized state for a single day ,given that the rest of Somalia is back to business.

Mogadishu's political misery was(has been) Hargeisa's political contentedness,intemperate in it's sucession dream,even though most secessionists woulden't want to highlight that.

One has to really be drawned in the secession dream to interpret this outbrust differently.

now , having said that , i think the unionists need to take that " you can't get away " grimace off their face and wholeheartedly reconcile with thier brethren in Hargeisa, while putting in place a charter for the Somali race in the horn of Africa.

For a unionist, questioning the allegedly wrong motives of Hargeisa to secede can not justify Hargeisa's or anybody's stay in a doomed union of I'm son of "reer hebel". icon_razz.gif

For a unionist, questioning the allegedly wrong motives of Hargeisa to secede can not justify Hargeisa's or anybody's stay in a doomed union of I'm son of "reer hebel".

JB,

That Unionist's stance is typically the proverbial "Biciid Banaan ku jabay", last time i checked you was half banaadiri, half boramoowi, unless you are blind, you can simply see that secessionists got something to look forward to which is simply is Peace, and anything esle comes after that ya Johnny Boy smile.gif no matter what that bloody reer hebel is upto, I dont think he got no more tricks in his sleeve.

Originally posted by roobleh:

Even without recognition we are faring better than them now or even during the whole time we were united with them.

The rest of Somalia is faring better now than during union days (World Bank, 2003), so it's the enlightened self-interest of Somalia to keep it this way.

And since there was really no economic integration (a monumental failure of pro-Unionists) between Somaliland and the rest of Somalia very few in Somalia would feel any economic loss if Somaliland left for good. As matter of fact Somaliland secession doesn't even register on the radar of most Somalis let alone be an issue worth giving serious consideration. Somaliland can go or stay, life of average Somali in Italian Somaliland would still be same. The people Somaliland needs to win over are to it's immediate East in the contested Sool and Sanaag regions. Somalia would be at peace with whatever decision Somalilanders make.

Ibtisam   

^^^Now why don't I believe you, I don't think you speak for the average Somali, maybe you have not met "ME" & co, I'm sure they will talk your ear off for making the above statement. smile.gif

Originally posted by Xanthus:

No^^^ I do know real people you know!

Take it from me I'm a real person and I fully support whatever decision people of Somaliland take. Stay, leave or whatever.

Ibtisam   

One person! lol :DI'm sure Landers are jumping up and down at your kind words I wonder if one person even counts or makes a difference, but change of mindsets normally start one person at a time.

A.J.   

Xanthus,

I think you are being too harsh on socod_badane,

if he really feels like that, one ought to commend socod-badane for seeing reality on the ground