Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Garowe: why it is booming today.... change you can believe in

Abtigiis   

Singub should be shamed for siding with his clan during the Somali Civil war, much the same like that Igbo poet subordinated his art to his ancestry. The crimes he is wanted for now are not that big, to be fair to him.

BTW, he is a close uncle. Very close.

Ibtisam   

^^How is rape not a big crime? By what measure are you being fair to state that him being a child rapist is not that big. Acuudubililah.

P.s. Please I'm not interesting in whether he is a national hero for some people or not, the guy is a criminal on the run for a very serious crime. It is neither here nor there if he is a lyrical maCc.

Originally posted by Ayatollah Mulugetta:

Singub should be shamed for siding with his clan during the Somali Civil war, much the same like that Igbo poet subordinated his art to his ancestry. The crimes he is wanted for now are not that big, to be fair to him.

BTW, he is a close uncle. Very close.

War odayga ha ceebeysan oo ha areereysan! Sangub waa oday wadani ah, dhulkiisa jecel iyo ummada Soomaliyeed oo dhan, weligiinah qabiil uma soo safan. Dadka necebnah, suugatiisa wadeniga ah ayee necbaysteen oo Sangub dadka secessionist-ka ah kama helo oo wadanimadiisu ku dhintaa.

Naag buu kufsaday aad leedihiinah, kuwa go'sashada ku hamiyah naag ey lacag siyeen sirqool ey samaysay ayaad ku eedeenaysiin odayga. Laakin waxaad u necebtihiin waanu naqaanaa oo nin kasta oo wadani ah inaad ceeb ku sheegtaan baad jecel shihiin. Laakin runtii waxaa ah, Sangub nin ummada soomaliyeed oo dhan ey jacel shahay weeye, qabiilnah shaqo kuma laha.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

P.S

To Nuune:

Nin caan ah oo ummada somaalida oo dhan meel ey joogtaba laga karaameeyo ayaad i leedahay "maxaa ku baray?": Wixii Aw-kuuku iyo Aw-koombe kubaray ayaa anah Sangub i baray. :D

Juje   

Originally posted by General Duke:

sangub.jpg

The national poet in Garowe

Shouldn't it be a fugitive pedophile hiding in Garowe.

GUYS DONT HIJACK THE TOPIC!!!!!! MANSHA ALLAH IT SEEMS P/LAND IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK.......

IT IS PLEASURE INDEED TO SEE SO MANY TALENTED CANDIDATES CONTESTING FOR THE HIGHEST JOB. I HOPE IT GOES SMOOTHLY AND TRANSPARENT WITHOUT ANY CORRUPTION AND CHEATING

nuune   

I think this was somewhere in Galkacyo,

Again, Baarleex doing his thing, classic stuff.

I had the privelage of meeting this guy very long time, shabaab baan ahaa markaas smile.gif

Abtigiis   

Ibtisam,

Apart from that it is not proved that the girl was a child when the act suppossedly happened, I am trying to see it from the angle of what happened in Somalia?

Far worse things have happened. BTW, I heard it was consentual thing. How yound was she, anyway?

Ibtisam   

^^Nothing was proven because he run away, that itself is an admission of guilt. I don't know the details, I just know the basics. A women said he raped her as child and she has prove of him admitting his guilt, he run away. I don't know anything else, allah knows best.

Abtigiis   

I heard she was over 15. By the common customs in Somalia that age is regarded is not seen as a child at least sexually for girls. I am not saying this is right, but that is how it is. So the trial has got a bit tricky because different values and standards were applied, I think.

The crime I was trying to highlight was that he took up arms against the Northern fighters and have used is art to defend the dictatorial regime of Siyaad Barre. Hargeisa made him and he should have been grateful. He should not have joined hand with forces who destroyed it. I repeat he is a close uncle of mine(very very close) and I have lower regards for him for what he did there, and not for this lesser crime.

Libido sometimes makes broad people do silly things. I can understand his discretion there. Gabbito, Ibti? Mise feminist google baad wax walba ku eegaysaa?

Again you have the fake ONLF dude or AllaUbahane talking about the great poet, Juje making snide comments.

Adeer the topic is about Garowe and its transformation into a capital.

Its about unity and your comments does not in any way hurt our national poet..

nuune   

The only National Somali poet living today is Dhoodaan, I think he was in Boosaaso awhile back, and he is great patriotic, most of his poems are against Ethiopians, then Ethiopia knowing how strong his words can be, they befriended with him and gave him houses.

Emperor   

^So basically he's a sold-out from the last part of you statement while the first showed him a national hero :D

As for the case against Singub, I agree with AT, it not strong and doesn't mean really big in the sense of Somali customs. The woman that accused our national poet is in her mid or late thirties now, and the supposed rape happend almost 2 decades ago in 1995 when the woman's real age was in her early twenties but her American age was 15 or so, not exactly sure but a teenager. That's not really a strong case, with that said, even the woman admits that there was no sexual intercourse, but claims wuu isalaaxay itaataabtay, so much for a rape... Its nothing more than exeggerated and fabricated story to destory the reputation of the great poet.

Sangub is very interesting charater. Of course as a poet he lives in a contradictory life, and his line of work involves controversial matters.

He once sat in on a fadhi ku dirir discussion in one of Minneapolis’s coffee shops. Observing how people are passionate about their clans, he told the following story:

I come to Xamar from a culture of heightened tribalism,where one is defined by which clan one belongs to. In the coffee shops, when some one is asked about his clan and he responds an unfamiliar clan name, I used to get goose pumps. Marku ruux yiraahdo qolo aan reer xxxxxx (Aw Tusbaxle ciddooda) baan ahayn, qalbiga qac i dhihi jirey naxdin darteed. Hoos baan waxaan ka oran jirey alla nasiib daranaa ruuxu… :D