Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Meanwhile, in 2007

Zafir   

Originally posted by Castro:

Northerner, you've been riding the secession wagon too long. It's high time you got off. The wheels of the wagon itself are about to come off. Think about it, the cognitive dissonance caused by this secession idea will no longer be in your thoughts.

You will think clearly saaxib. [/QB]

First off welcome back abti (abtiyadeey baan ka jeclahay adeeradeey); secondly, I think the above statement is more reflective of you than it is of Northerner, for you returned your purchase after secession occupation. However, Northerner was and is sold on the idea long before your purchase and has more stake, therefore it will take more then just an occupation for him to decipher the outcome of this entire situation.

Castro   

^^^^ That's not very far from the truth. I've always had buyer's remorse with the idea. Secession just never sat well with me. I now see it for what it is. Better late than never, I suppose.

Castro   

And with that, I think, we have given this argument a through going examination, if I may say so myself; hence it merely compels me to say it's time to call it a day, if, that is you would agree to it, from your end.

Dear Mr. Oodweyne, I must admit your courage, as Xiin put, is admirable and I shall let you off the hook.

But just to recap ( :D ), you admit the SNM was both a guerilla force and a political movement. In fact, it was the only entity vying for and had control of the Northwest post Barre. Second, the said referendum was hardly a referendum in so far as it didn't really refer any votes to the entire public concerned as the very definition of a referendum indicates. Third, secession was never discussed publicly (and if privately, never documented) as a goal of the national liberation movement prior to the nefarious declaration in 1991.

Since you have agreed to all of the above, albeit reluctantly, you must then agree that a cabal within the upper echelons of the SNM (regardless of their motive) is responsible for hijacking its agenda and conning a traumatized, gullible public to go along with this evidently fraudulent idea of secession.

Fabregas   

Question Oodweyne, Castro or any others that can answer:

Well known Sool personalities such as Garad Abdiqani and Galayd attended the Burco conference, did these personalities endorse the matter of seccession?If indeed this was discussed at this meeting?

Castro   

^^^^ If indeed these personalities (who knows how influential they really were?) did attend the "meeting", it is likely they were faced with aggressive gunboat diplomacy that left them no option but to acquiesce. Otherwise, they may simply have been bought off and turned into defectors, so to speak. Who knows.

Oodweyne, if you write any more of these lengthy posts (which I've been respectful enough to read in its entirety), I will have no choice but to surrender out of sheer eye fatigue. You got your truce.

It seems like in some circles Ethiopia has become the primary scapegoat for all our ills. Some of us (namely the peeps of SSC) have a more immediate and an historic enemy besides Ethiopia. I don't think it matters either way whether your enemy is 'inabti' galaydh (or whatever the hell it is peeps for that part of the world call themselves) or Haile. My point is, we live in a frank and a straightforward world, where the only people that hide their true motives are the JEWS or those with similar character. In conclusion, a coward dies many deaths before their death, the valiant never taste of death but once. It doesn't hurt to put your true position forward :D

Xoogsade   

^ Who are the SSC peeps? I need to update my vocabulary obviously.

Do you have an immidiate enemy among somalis besides Ethiopia?

Let me see how frank you are.

Originally posted by Didi Kong:

It seems like in some circles Ethiopia has become the primary scapegoat for all our ills.

Not all of our ills. Only minor and uneventful ills like Melez's invasion and occupation of Somalia.

Castro, welcome back.

^^^There isn't much to learn from a man who passionately believes political grievance for a regime that’s no longer in power could be the foundation to dismember a state whose central authority practically fell :D !