Sign in to follow this  
nuune

She finished number 8 on the Women's 100m

Som@li   

it was nice to somali competing and was happy to see.Being the last is not big deal,,but she broke the rules..how can u change lines in 100m, it is time somali olymic commitee should educaate more our athletes before presenting them.... :(:(

capt.olyrun11608200853.olympic_games_ath

"Fartun Abukar Omar, third from left, of Somalia, runs in the wrong lane during a qualifying heat of the 100m at the 2004 Olympic Games Friday, August 20, 2004 in Athens, Greece." source

http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/som

Sincere   

Lmao...this is hilarious. The olympic commitee and their whitch hunt for dope scandels will definetley be scrutinizing her....

Regardless of her being 8th, im damn proud of her....

AYOUB   

^^^loooooooool

If thats not representing a country, I don't know what is. :D:D

I just love them photos.

mojam   

=>Two way ticket Mogadishu to Athens and back €1500

=>Nikespeed running shoes €350

=>Somali flag hijaab €50 on debit card

=>running in the lane where all cameras are focused priceless.

There are somethings money can't buy... for everything else there's mastercard

loooooooooooooooooool mojam

that is a good ad. wallaahi, som1 should use it

wen i 1st heard about the fartuun character...i couldn't stop laughing...i still don't understand y she did it...if she was thaat bad..(apparently her coach said she was good)

but anyway...i guess its a good thing...afterall no one starts from number 1...mayb it will motivate other somali ppl 2 compete next time...insha allaah lets hope they don't blv their coaches this time and train like your supposed 2.

another thing...i really think they shud have given the girl better outfit.

damn! she looked like she was running with a shower cap on!!!! :eek:

With all said and done, y'all wish you were in her shoes, running for your country, on the wrong lane...or not

The difference between haters like khayr and the sister is....

She is an olympian, khayr isn't....

she is in greece, he probably will never set foot in that country...

She made history, his idea of making history is being negative...

she knows how to run, he doesnt....

PS: SOME OF YOU CAN'T RUN, MUCH LESS RUN IN THE WRONG LANE, GIVE IT A REST HATERS...Y'aLL ARE DISGRACE TO THE SOMALI NATION, TRYING TO MAKE FUN OF A GIRL WHO WENT OUT OF HER WAY TO REPRESENT HER COUNTRY AND HER PPLE, AND WEAR HER HOMELAND COLORS WITH PRIDE....DO ANY OF YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO DO WHAT SHE DID, TRAIN, AND SPEND ALL THAT TIME AND ENERGY???? I DIDN'T THINK SO

DO ANY OF YOU KNOW WHAT SHE WENT THROUGH TO GET TO WHERE SHE IS @@ OR HOW THIS MAKES HER FEEL, HER OWN PPLE MAKING FUN OF HER FOR RUNNING IN THE WRONG LANE????

lool layzie...sis hating is hardly the word.

its natural 2 have a reaction. +ve o -ve either way people will comment when u go out there and give a performance like that wearing subxanallaah what she was wearing.

So thank God there is people out there that see something wrong with that picture, because i would b worried if everyone had your +ve perception.

ok..so what if she made history or went to the olympics. we can't just dwell on that fact to excuse her performance. She put herself in that position am sure she doesn't need our pity. I gotta give it 2 her for having guts to do it though.

hating is one thing sis, and stating the facts is another thing.Don't get the two things mixed.

Did you say that it was a "natural reaction", talking down on someone who wears what she is comfortable witH??

Do you want to be made fun off for wearing goofy shoes??? (if u were wearing it)

........I doubt it.........

What if she likes what she is wearing....and she thought she was setting a trend for herself???

It's rare that pple see eye to eye, especially when it comes to fashion or what not, but thats besides the point....

Why did you not have a "NATURAL REACTION" to GALE DEVER's funky nails??

Could it be because she is a well known olympian, who is known world-wide and holds gold medals. (Becuase of that isn't not alright for y'all to comment on her weird habits)

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with what that girl is wearing, and no, I wouldn't wear it, only because it doesn't suit me, but I am sure it does suit her.(So what she made a mistake and ran in the wrong lane??? Felicia, the canadian sprinter, she fell, gail devers herself fell, pumped on those hudrell lanes in embrassment, had she given up, she wouldn't have to end her olympic trip that way, it was nasty fall...and somali girl ran in a wrong lane, no one made news of it, only somali pple)

No one reacted naturally to anything, and you need to stop justifying other's ignorance and hatred...

If the somali girl was a gold medalist, who was known world-wide, I bet you wouldn't find one negative thing to say about her, but then again, you are somali, nothing would surprise me...nothing @all...

One individual would comment on the fact that she is muslim, shouldnt be running, another has issues with the color of of her bandana??? another one probably would comment on the shoes, what is next???

Layzie, sis now your going a little bit too far with the whole idea, not everyone is gonna have your opinion sis.

ok so u see nothong wrong with the picture, fair enough. am i arguing with you about it no!

so excuse you sis, what do u mean i am somali and that hardly surprises you? sis, i judge by facts and one thing i definetely don't do is generalise people, and their opinions. U have u'r opinion and i have mine.

no need to call people ignorant just because they don't share your opinion.

------------------kaput--------------

nuune   

guys, calm down,what is going on here, we supposed to have a good disscusion on this topic yet we are arguing for nothing, it is not really helpfull, thanks