Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

A new day

SOL's Politics section is cleaned. It was long overdue, in dire need of and finally we've caught with it.

We've had enough of little dramas, disrespecting and breaking the written rules constantly, posting clan names all the time or amateurishly trying in vain to sidestep that by noticeably circumventing, and the endless present of schoolyard name-calling and bullying.

Politics section was where ideas -- particularly healthy positive ideas -- are welcomed, where constructive criticism was and is always welcome, where a healthy debate is more than welcomed.

SOL's Politics section, however, is not where you take your daily dose of frustration. It was and never meant to be a place of intimidation, daily diatribe and abuse.

Well, time have finally caught up with some.

They will know who they are. And some will follow soon since we are in process.

So long. [Nabad iyo caano. smile.gif ]

[PS, if you have a genuine concern, you can either PM me or the Admin. To those who cannot to do that, email your SOL friends to contact us or I can provide you my personal email.]

[PS2, this thread will stay open for you to air any genuine concern, unlike the Admin.'s one, which was official, to give you an opportunity to state what you have in mind, however no request whose username name should be suspended. If that does happen, it will be fastly closed as per usual policy threads of these kinds are supposed to be.]

Xoogsade   

Well, thanks for letting this thread stay open so people can air what is on their mind.

I don't mean to design policies or suggest one as to how the site is managed, but I am wondering if people are privately given ample warning before they are banned?

They were given months and plenty of public cautions, warnings and exhortations [gobaabin].

I don't think private would have made any difference.

None heeded. Thus time may have caught up with them.

There will be others, by the way, since some usual suspects are not in the list.

Can there be a second chance for someone who is ALREADY banned? Someone who wants a fresh start?

Depends who the person is. Some on that list were already in their second or third chance.

However, yes, they can have second chances -- SOL is not gulag and has had a well-intended policy of regarding this reformation -- quietly letting in after a few weeks if and provided the concerned person promises to change completely and rehabilitates his former unflattery actions.

must be friday the 13teen! loool... Rudy starts playing Aduunyo..! lool. spring clean-up is good! how come blondie is not in the exclude list

with all that profanity lingo!!

admin fixed it, your filter is not working...!

Xoogsade   

Thanks Miskiin for the time you took to explain.

I guess, we should all live with the consequences of our own actions.

hey! honestly, something told me that today was strange today! i went to the coffee shop this morning on my way to work...! the ethio gal had no coffee ready!!

i waited like for 10 min, she gave me the coffee n told me its on the house!! i said thnx, but never looked at her!! i cross many lines in my life...but i aint gonna cross that line where i end with an ethio gal!! no way in hell...!

there r some lines u dont wanna cross!!

:eek:

Lake   

Free the following people:

Alle-Ubaahne

Fanisha

Ebonique

Jaylaani

Forget this Sesame Street version of poltics. The censorship of ideas is bizzare if you ask me.