Sign in to follow this  
Alle-ubaahne

Are SOL Girls Losing Their Xishood?

Originally posted by Katrina:

If its a choice btwn community service or a whipping I prefer the lashes. Psst, could it be leather?JZK

00000002.gif

kinky you

Blessed   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

AU,

Agree with you completely Bro. Sol has recently been over run by stampeding herd of pouting little girls... causing untoward gender acriminoy, divisions and bad feelings. Time for drastic measures.

Any ideas?

Why don't you and AU get a cave and get acquainted? Because the pouting little girls are here to stay ;)

Khalaf   

^^^^So you are among those girls blessed? I wouldn't include u in that category or any of the other sisters that have responded.

That was generalization on his part, but how come u wonderful sisters don't respond with the same intensity when untasteful comments are made about Islam, or the islamic tradition?

^think about this for a moment: negative comments about Islam or its tradition will not ever take away from Islam and its traditions. You, I and the rest can refute very comment made about Islam in the media or in politics but it will still not touch Islam. It touches the Muslims.

Where an individual has no regard for certain Islamic principles, there is perhaps a beneficial purpose to engaging with them(a Muslim remember) who will however not benefit from intense responses belittling, condemning and poo-pooing. And that is pretty much what that individual would and does get on these forums.

I know what sparked this and yet I don't remember anyone doing anything other than ignoring, condemning and dismissing a couple of individuals. So what right is there to complain when u haven't done anything constructive?? And what right to sensationalise?

Frothing at the mouth for Islam and morals is still frothing at the mouth. We, women do not like to froth unecessarily most especially when there's a lot of xumbo floating around already.

Also, the ladies are generally intense when demeaning and unIslamic suggestions are made in the name of their diin. A very definite line is drawn there. And it is at this line that I find men(fewer than the women) using the softly-softly approach and I am left wondering just where that gung-ho love for Islam lurks- the heart, the mind or the ego.

Xoogsade   

LazieGirl

I am giving Alle-Ubaahne the benefit of the doubt and don't think he meant all SOL girls to have lost their decorum. I could be wrong but Unless he comes back and says he means "all", I will hold on to my judgements of him. And even then, I will only correct him but not demean him.

Sheherazade

I am still in a knockout situation :D:D That was funny.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Scarlet:

Xoogsade,
Nope. I meant X to Z, cause saying A to Z would mean I'm generalizing like Mr. Alle Ubaahne, and we don't want that do we?
:D
Laakiin, the anonymity of the internet can be tempting. It's easier to discuss ideas that you've always wanted but was made to feel uncomfortable if you bought up in real life.

Anyways, Believe it or not (this relevation is quite shocking) but Sheh and Rahima actually got lives and have no time nor interest to sift through a bunch of threads and act as word police. If you have a problem then do something about instead of screaming. Cause when you scream we just wanna slap you. I agree some people cross the boundaries of decency but that's people for you. We're bound to have a couple of people we don't agree with in a population of any kind.

*slap*!

That is what I told Ahura already. If one has an issue with what someone wrote, they better take on him/her and settle the matter in a civil way without involving the moderators. Mods are and should be the last resort. I would only request their aid in stopping someone who insults God or religion. Anything else short of that, the forumers can take care of it by raising their objection.

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

What happen to those Moderators who only became watchful when they see us preaching good, and yet overlook the filthy remarks uttered and spilling everywhere in the forum. This place is indeed overwhelmed with substential amount of xishood la'aan, especially on the part of these girls who are running around everywhere with waxaan afku qaban karin/oo laga xishoodo!

Kuwaan in hooyooyinkood loo sheego waaye si kale malahan.. :eek:

dumarku waa sadax: 1.kurtunfeera galay.2.kuu kacdo iyo 3. kula kacdo. Durjumida waa sidan; kurtunfeera galay waa mida habeen ku khaylisa marka sariirta lajoogo. kuu kacdo waamida early inthe morning kacda oo ilmaha khuraada siisa. kula kacdo waa mida any time oo kacdid kula kacda. So tell us which group you are women? lol

hodman   

xishood as I see it is relative depending on the individual and what might be lack of xishood to AU might be just an expression to others but what makes him the judge?

LOL at dumar waa sadex...mid afaraad aa hada ku darsoontay..mida night shift kasoo baxda soona toosta duqiiyo caruurtii quraacda siiyay iskuulkiina u diray teediina miiska sii saaray :D

Odey-Abdulle:

dumarku waa sadax: 1.kurtunfeera galay.2.kuu kacdo iyo 3. kula kacdo. Durjumida waa sidan; kurtunfeera galay waa mida habeen ku khaylisa marka sariirta lajoogo. kuu kacdo waamida early inthe morning kacda oo ilmaha khuraada siisa. kula kacdo waa mida any time oo kacdid kula kacda. So tell us which group you are women? lol

Oday brother we are not living in the stone age, Let the sisters rule.This is the women's world.

Have some xishood and respect for the sisters first, and you will get that in turn from them. :D

Khalaf   

^think about this for a moment: negative comments about Islam or its tradition will not ever take away from Islam and its traditions. You, I and the rest can refute very comment made about Islam in the media or in politics but it will still not touch Islam. It touches the Muslims.

--Nacaam, nothing can touch islam or its noble traditions, we all know that, but when these sort of comments are made about the deen what do u recommend sheh, keep quite, and not try to clear up these misconceptions? Were we not ordered to forbid munkar and call to good?

Where an individual has no regard for certain Islamic principles, there is perhaps a beneficial purpose to engaging with them(a Muslim remember) who will however not benefit from intense responses belittling, condemning and poo-pooing. And that is pretty much what that individual would and does get on these forums.

---We are all adults, and more importantly Muslims. Respect is what is between us in these forums, we are here to have discussions and learn from one another-no matter how much we disagree. If this is what you see is happening, belittling, condemning and nothing beneficial in these forums maybe you can call for change or be that change.

I know what sparked this and yet I don't remember anyone doing anything other than ignoring, condemning and dismissing a couple of individuals. So what right is there to complain when u haven't done anything constructive?? And what right to sensationalise?

----I am not sure if this is addressed to me or the poster, but many people have responded in good way and showed that these comments were indeed un-Islamic and wrong. And what is the constructive way you are suggesting? Sure some have ignored, others condemned, some dismissed, but many also gave good answers don’t put everyone in the same pool.

Frothing at the mouth for Islam and morals is still frothing at the mouth. We, women do not like to froth unecessarily most especially when there's a lot of xumbo floating around already.

----I don’t see how responding to un-Islamic comments is unnecessary. Maybe you don’t see the need but some people do feel insulted when something wrong is said about their deen, and they think it is necessary to respond as best they can.

Also, the ladies are generally intense when demeaning and unIslamic suggestions are made in the name of their diin. A very definite line is drawn there. And it is at this line that I find men(fewer than the women) using the softly-softly approach and I am left wondering just where that gung-ho love for Islam lurks- the heart, the mind or the ego.

-----Not just the sisters, but all muslims feel angered when something demeaning is said about islam-thus it is necessary to respond. I don’t really know the softy-softy approach you are referring to my sister or those men you feel employ that, or why you feel the right to question where someone’s love for islam is coming from. But weather u are in these forums or your day to day life, your manners should not be harsh, disprespectful, or unkind to others-that is not what Islam teaches us. Those who call to islam and are muslims-should deal with others in a kind and just manner that is what Allah has commanded us. Salaam.

Long day at work :D Peace

Guhaad   

Originally posted by hodman:

[LOL at dumar waa sadex...mid afaraad aa hada ku darsoontay..mida night shift kasoo baxda soona toosta duqiiyo caruurtii quraacda siiyay iskuulkiina u diray teediina miiska sii saaray :D ]

Buhaaahahahah, allow taa naga ilaali :D:D

show AU wuxuu arkay kuwa quraacdoodiina cunay, tiisana hadeer soo doontay smile.gif

Nacaam, nothing can touch islam or its noble traditions, we all know that, but when these sort of comments are made about the deen what do u recommend sheh, keep quite, and not try to clear up these misconceptions? Were we not ordered to forbid munkar and call to good?

Where did I suggest we keep quiet? Further did I not suggest we engage Muslims thate we disagree with it?

We are all adults, and more importantly Muslims. Respect is what is between us in these forums, we are here to have discussions and learn from one another-no matter how much we disagree. If this is what you see is happening, belittling, condemning and nothing beneficial in these forums maybe you can call for change or be that change.

Nothing special about me to lead the way; we all know how to behave and yet..

I am not sure if this is addressed to me or the poster

Generally.

but many people have responded in good way and showed that these comments were indeed un-Islamic and wrong. And what is the constructive way you are suggesting? Sure some have ignored, others condemned, some dismissed, but many also gave good answers don’t put everyone in the same pool.

Lol where? Go back to the thread/s and see! People don't show- that's my point- they tell without explaining, u know a la lecture. Nobody wants to hear a lecture. Copying and pasting hadiths and Quranic verses do not make a good answer, they make an incomplete one. What about the meaning, the history, the reasons(practical and spiritual), the effect on societal and individual make-up?

----I don’t see how responding to un-Islamic comments is unnecessary. Maybe you don’t see the need but some people do feel insulted when something wrong is said about their deen, and they think it is necessary to respond as best they can.

Brother have u read what I have written or did u feel compelled to make a point? Goodness. I said 'frothing', what visuals and associated demeanour, behaviour does that bring to mind? Take it from there..

-----Not just the sisters, but all muslims feel angered when something demeaning is said about islam-thus it is necessary to respond. I don’t really know the softy-softy approach you are referring to my sister or those men you feel employ that, or why you feel the right to question where someone’s love for islam is coming from. But weather u are in these forums or your day to day life, your manners should not be harsh, disprespectful, or unkind to others-that is not what Islam teaches us. Those who call to islam and are muslims-should deal with others in a kind and just manner that is what Allah has commanded us. Salaam.

Nope, u are obviously not reading what I am writing. I said, 'in the name of'. I was not referring to Islam but to its use as a way of demeaning or subjugating. Wondering about somebody's love for Islam and questioning it are two different things. I put that thought out there so some may consider what exactly motivates them to speak/or not on Islam. Human beings are complex creatures, do u honestly beleive there is 100% purity in our discussions? Do ego, pride, anger etc not play a part?

And finally, it is extremely dull and frustrating to have to respond to comments one has not made. Please do not fall into the trap of sharing what's on your mind as a response to something another has said just to get if off of your chest or to lead it to a conclusion that validates what's really on your mind! It doesn't work and it gets in the way of the flow of a discussion.

Lond day at work and home. Should be doing something else entirely... smile.gif

Lake   

LMAO

This whole thread is halarious the ladies are not having it

I'm sorry AU but you're on your own

Khalaf   

Where did I suggest we keep quiet? Further did I not suggest we engage Muslims thate we disagree with it?

------That is the conclusion I drew from your statements.

Nothing special about me to lead the way; we all know how to behave and yet..

----Sheh you are the one sister, who is talking about the condemning, belittling that goes in these forums, but yet you do or say nothing. But whoa hold up, when brother says something about the lack of xishood in the woman you get your knife out. I am not condoning his post, but how come you don’t show the same passion when indecent comments are made towards Islam and its culture? Just a thought.

Lol where? Go back to the thread/s and see! People don't show- that's my point- they tell without explaining, u know a la lecture. Nobody wants to hear a lecture. Copying and pasting hadiths and Quranic verses do not make a good answer, they make an incomplete one. What about the meaning, the history, the reasons(practical and spiritual), the effect on societal and individual make-up?

----I don’t see what more explanation a Muslim needs then showing the verses of Qu’ran saying fornication is haram and forbidden, or verses in the Quran saying it is obligatory to follow the Sunnah-which has been done. But for other issues such as shariah, I do agree with your statement that it is important to show history, meaning, reasons ect. In my view I think that has been done to a point, but you are of a different opinion and that’s cool.

Brother have u read what I have written or did u feel compelled to make a point? Goodness. I said 'frothing', what visuals and associated demeanour, behaviour does that bring to mind? Take it from there..

-----No I didn’t feel like I needed to make a point my sister-Goodness. Maybe it’s the fact English is my second language and I didn’t understand what u meant by frothing at the mouth. I responded to what I thought you were implying and that was it is unnecessary to respond to un-Islamic behavior, do correct me if that is not the case instead of questioning my motives.

Nope, u are obviously not reading what I am writing. I said, 'in the name of'. I was not referring to Islam but to its use as a way of demeaning or subjugating. Wondering about somebody's love for Islam and questioning it are two different things. I put that thought out there so some may consider what exactly motivates them to speak/or not on Islam. Human beings are complex creatures, do u honestly beleive there is 100% purity in our discussions? Do ego, pride, anger etc not play a part?

------That is not for us to judge sister or to question someone’s sincerity; he who has hypocrisy in his heart is between him and His Lord.

And finally, it is extremely dull and frustrating to have to respond to comments one has not made. Please do not fall into the trap of sharing what's on your mind as a response to something another has said just to get if off of your chest or to lead it to a conclusion that validates what's really on your mind! It doesn't work and it gets in the way of the flow of a discussion.

-----Sister, first please do not try to state my motives you neither know what was on my mind or in my chest. To respond just to get something off my chest is ridiculous there are better ways u know. I responded to your comments as how I comprehended it if you feel like my conclusions were false, then correct me instead of playing guessing games about my motives or reducing my response to a way to get something of my chest.

Lond day at work and home. Should be doing something else entirely...

----Not that I need to explain myself, but my comment long day at work was writing that long response, since I been at the computer for hours. Anyway I sense there is lack of understanding here. Salaam