Sign in to follow this  
farey

WHY CANT WE TALK

farey   

We know we arent what they say about us right , They said this land is fiasco that isnt true I think we can solve our problems in a traditional way as we used to.

I live in Europe I have good life here and work , I feel safe here but I am not comfortable here .

when ever they talk about Africa they said there is famine , civil war , drough, coup,ets

What are we less human or

Blessed   

More ignorant then the rest.

The war lords currupt, the elders don't care (as long as the war lords give them their due) and the youth follow fight (to survive).

Allah, help them... I guess the only thing you can do is go back and educate the ppl back at home or live your confortable life in Europe, let they solve their own ...

It is interesting to note that this topic was ignored by the forumers - I guess, we don't like talking :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Haashim   

Aammino well said Sis, but i wonder if even the education will help us, since many university degreee holders are the official and unofficial spokespersons of some of the worst warlords.

Lefty   

Talking about what ??

Somalis always spend their whole energy of talking. At this time, We need to shut up and do some action!

raula   

Exactly Lefty and Ameenah...no more talking, just some action!!! :D Dang!...just look at the coffee shops..somalis sitting there with there koob of Shaah listening to BBC..but doing notha!...sad :mad: :(

I was moved while watching Feed the children program on TV last night...they were showing clips of Somalis in the OGaden region of Ethiopia..dying of hunger, famine, malnutrion, sorrow, infectious diseases and worst of all AIDs. Walaahi, I was silently sobbing and thinking once I get my degree, insha-allah I would do something, however small it is...So, so sad :(:( and shame on us(somalis in the diaspora)...they way we boast so much and how illeterate, ignorant, selfish, and brutal sometimes we turn out to be...Ya Rabi, when will this cloud of sorrow move away and give rise to clear blue skies...

I think talking together and discussing important issues would do a world of good for us, unfortunately we havent quite learnt to agree to disagree and this does quiet frequently lead to distructive exchanges and the demonisiation of each other thats the crux of the matter

Modest   

Why cant we? We can talk

Lets talk all day all night thats my point lets talk and only talk to the last...thats my job I always do, we talk discuss make plans build houses and even cities in the end every1 realises that was just marfash story....lol..

So guyz and gulz get ready for the best selling story of all time at sol. Only on one condition I have to be stimulated at the time which im not at the moment.

C U soon