Sign in to follow this  
Hassan6734

Top military commander quits in Somalia

etesami20080803153348250.jpg

A senior military commander has resigned in protest at Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed's policies amid political turmoil in the country.

Colonel Ibrahim Hassan Isse, the Commander of Bali- Doogle Air Base, and 26 other military personnel resigned on Sunday, Press TV correspondent reported.

Speaking to reporters inside the base, Col. Hassan Isse accused the Somali president of being "a puppet of foreign countries."

"The Somali Government is a slave of the Ethiopians and the so-called President is an old puppet," he said.

He slammed the transitional government of Somalia for seeking support from non Muslims.

A number of soldiers left the base after the resignation of five high-ranking officers who quit their posts along with the colonel.

The report comes after 10 Somali ministers quit over a dispute between President Yusuf Ahmed and Prime Minister Nur Hassan Hussein (Nur Ade). The row was sparked after the president opposed the dismissal of the Mogadishu Mayor who is accused by the Premier of being responsible for the killing of civilians.

Source: PressTV, Aug 03, 2008

sunaari   

Hassan6734 guy,

If you hate TFG is one thing, but do not assume that we are little babies who believe whatever trash you posted here. The guy in the police uniform is former TFG police commander, not TFG Ambsador in Tanzania. We don't really care who resigns or stays TFG admin, but we are growing up and there are many other sources out there you can check the facts. So, next time post something closer to truth. If you are pro ICU/Shabaab(if they ever preach, I doubt it), they should teach you 101 class of do not lie or behave like real muslim.

think that picture is of Looyaan, Somalia's Ambassador to Tanzania?

^not true. Not only did more than 2 news sites report the same story but attached his picture. One of the sites is Hiiran.

I think you want the man to be someone else because you can't stomach yey's men defying him eh?

sunaari   

LayZie G,

I am sure that picture belongs to Loyaan, former TFG police commander, now TFG Ambasador in Tanzania. Somali sites including Hiiran online, are being ran by unproffesional webmaster, they just copy and paste each other without checking if the news is true or not. Balidoogle base was not a big deal to AY and TFG, there has been lately news that some commanders quit their position in the military. I don't believe that they can do big damage to the TFG since they don't command well organized, displined army forces, it is more like malitia leaders.

^U YEY SUPPORTERS CAN'T EVEN AGREE ON WHO THE MAN IN THAT PIC REALLY IS, HOW CAN YOU QUESTION THE JOURNALIST CONDUCT OF THE ORGANIZATIONS?(yes u newbie)

fellaz, get your ish together.

sunaari   

^

Somali webmaster or Journalist (whatever you want call them),just propagate lies and clan interest and they abuse real meaning of journalism. Have you heard John Cochran's phrase"If it doesn't fit, you must aquit", if the picture doesn't belong to said commander, you must agree the whole story is just made up.

Newbie, are you still talking?

The identity of the man in the picture is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether or not the story is true, and if it is, then yey is in real trouble.

He can't hide behind his usual "fadeexey the pm" routine. He is caught red handed, and now he is out in the open, especially with the reports coming that his masters aren't happy with his decision to undermine nur cade.

That said, Nude cade waa ragii, and so are all the others who stood up and said enough is enough to adeero. (I said a long time ago that not everyone in yey administration is a dab*dh*l*f like him)

Getting back to somalida and their professionalism where it concerns reporting the news from the homeland. In short, its a ship that has long sailed.

The truth is that half of these so called sites that are now "the internet media" don't have real journalists working for them, and most of the site owners don't have broadcasting/journalism background. Their reliable sources are mostly adeero and abtiyo from the ground, because they themselves don't want to risk their lives to go out there and report the real truth. If I were in their line of business, I too will heavy rely on abtiyos word, because abdi's adeer is saying the same thing, so why can't I quote abtiyos version?

My point is, we can only go with the word of the majority, some media outlets have better reputation than others.

Colonel Ibrahim Hassan Isse, the Commander of Bali- Doogle Air Base, and 26 other military personnel resigned on Sunday, Press TV correspondent reported.

Why do they make it as if there is a a functioning airforce,and god knows what? :confused: