Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

BBC 4: Interview with Simon Reeve on his visit to Somaliland

Somaliland was perhaps the highlight because it was incredible to see what the people had achieved with virtually nothing. That was a very moving experience and the people were quite inspirational. They rebuilt their country after a devastating civil war with very little help from the outside world, but with sheer hard work and a belief in their own national identity they've been able to build a functioning state.

Somaliland a "real African success story"

Qudhac   

this program will be on british teresterial televesion such as BB1 BB4 BBC-world, some time in february and march.

LANDER   

Wish I could see the pogram, they probably won't air it in Canada. There are some entities I haven't heard in the places he visited, would be definitely interesting. You ppl in the UK are very fortunate, I envy the documentaries you watch in that country.

DraGon   

Lander

CBC have aired his other travels to the former USSR central Asia countries. I remember watching his visit to Kazygastan last month. Lets hope they will continue his shows.

Fyr   

HOLIDAYS IN THE DANGER ZONE:

PLACES THAT DON'T EXIST

Part 1: Tuesday 1 February 2005 9pm-10.30pm; 12.30am-2am

Part 2: Wednesday 2 February 2005 9pm-10pm; 12.45am-1.45am

places4_gal.jpgplaces23_gal.jpg

Fyr   

Holidays in the Danger Zone

Places That Don't Exist

The award-winning series returns with Simon Reeve journeying around countries that the rest of the world refuses to recognise. Tonight's programme takes him to Somaliland, Transneistria and Taiwan.

On his journey he gets drunk with the president :eek: , meets a nationalistic boy band, and buys himself a Somali diplomatic passport. He's shown mass graves and high tech weaponry, and is arrested trying to film a secret military base.

places20_gal.jpg

Simon with some of his armed guards in Mogadishu, Somalia.