Sign in to follow this  
somalia1

Somalia defeat in 1978 and Siad Barre

i have theory - i think you are the illegitimate child of Somali soldier and Abyssinian mother, I don’t know whether your conception was by force (rape) or by mutual consent between your parents. But I am of the opinion that this illegitimacy has caused you great deal of physiological pain and suffering.

Consequently this has lead you to wonder around the cyber world (particularly Somali owned websites) seeking some sort of relief from the pain by insulting and trying to offend Somalis.

What has lead me to this conclusion you might ask – in psychology – humans are known to give clues to their state of mind, by body language, tone, language used etc – all this thru inveterately actions and sayings. Example

You choose the Somalia1 – this signifies something – could be a name that you’re called as child – which in your mothers tongue is reprehensible – perhaps standing for the one from Somalia by force.

You refused to say when you were born – perhaps it concedes with the year the war that you are obsessed with happened.

You say – you have Somali girlfriend – perhaps you would like one – as some sort of revenge for what happened to your mother.

The list goes on ………..

btw - if what saying is true - reply - and then go and see a doctor.

somalia1   

i have theory - i think you are the illegitimate child of Somali soldier and Abyssinian mother, I don’t know whether your conception was by force (rape) or by mutual consent between your parents. But I am of the opinion that this illegitimacy has caused you great deal of physiological pain and suffering

I am not sad I am very happy because my country(Cuba)defeated Somalia in 1978. :D:D

And my father and mother are cubans,you can see my profile and I am a cuban who lives in Peru.

I think you feel sad because we defeated your country in 1978.

Protocol

when it comes to actual fighting, somalia was not defeated

That is very fun many somalis dont agree with you.

http://wardheernews.com/Articles_06/may_06/21_Gala ydh_Roobdoon.html

http://www.******.com/Special_Report.htm

At the end of it all, a massive refugee crisis existed and the Somali military, which was no match for Cuban armed troops and their Soviet puppet masters, was in shambles.

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Editor ial_29/Somalia_October_21_and_the_beginning_of_his tory_s_dark_chapter.shtml

Gen. Barre lost the war after a congregation of enemy forces – Soviet, Cuban and South Yemeni troops – aided the defeated army of Ethiopia in pushing back Somali forces

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_188.sht ml

I have more somali sources,if you want to see them just tell me :D:D

Wuxuu yahayba dadkiina aflagaadeynaayo qofkaan ha laga daayo caayda. Aragtidiisa asagaa leh.

He is, however, one-dimensional poster -- only one subject and topic ayuu ku jiraa maanta dhan, marka ha isku luggooyina. Hadda kuma cusbo, waa horena wuu soo qori jiray, same like this.

Laakiinse, in order to shut him once and for all, here is a pictorial gift for his so-called pride:

U1923364.jpg?size=67&uid=%7B4a0c7e79-189

Cuban artillery Carlos Orlando, 20, stands with two Somali insurgent soldiers at this village in the [soomaali Galbeed] desert following his capture. Somalia officials said Orlando was part of a contingent of Cubans helping Ethiopia in the desert war on the Horn of Africa.

U1923334.jpg?size=67&uid=%7Bf8813585-34b

Cuban soldier Carlos Orlando, 20, (foreground with overcoat) talks to reporters here 1/27 following his capture by Somali insurgents in the war-torn [soomaali Galbeed] desert region of Ethiopia. Ethiopia has denied it was using Cuban soldiers in the war against the insurgents and Somalia showed Orlando to reporters to back up their claims to the contrary.

somalia1   

Very interesting the picture of the cuban soldier,but that picture doesnt change the outcome of the war.Somalia only captured 5 cuban soldiers,we captured 200 somali soldiers.

I am still waiting for sources which prove that Somalia defeated Cuba and Russia in 1978.I heard the somalis have sources which prove that Somali army destroyed the cuban,russian and ethiopian army,even after that defeat Barre conquered all the Horn Of Africa.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

somalia1   

A somali article about the war.

http://www.laasqoray.net/view_article.php?articlei d=1972

Abdillahi Ahmed – After we won the 1977 war against Abyssinia, both the West and the East ganged up against us, and finally took away our hard won victory. Thus, they granted what we call an "artificial victory" to the Abyssinians. As you mentioned, we got close to Finfinne, but unfortunately, our victory was snatched in front of our eyes by far greater enemies of Somali Unity than the one we fought. It had a drastic experience on our moral, and had a very unhappy ending; however, in the long run the Truth will prevail.

somalia1   

Hi I would like to talk to you about the Ethio-Somali war in 1977.I want to write a book about the brave somali army,so I am looking for information.

somalia1   

Hi Sr,well first I would like to know your name and position within the somali army.I am Jose from Peru.I am a student.

I have few questions,perhaps you may help me.

Why do you think Somalia lost the war in 1978?.

Many somalis told me they won the war but they were defeated by Cuba and Russia not by Ethiopia.

Do you have any idea about the somali casualties in such war?

I heard it lost 3/4 of tanks and a half of Air Force.

To me is an honor to talk to somali warrior. smile.gif

somalia1   

An interesting web about the war:

http://dehai.org/archives/dehai_archive/nov-dec06/ 0275.html

Instead of launching a frontal attack on the Marda Pass (Karamara),

Petrov decided to attack from the northern flank and then go to the

rear of the Somali line. He moved an Ethiopian division from Dire

Dawa towards the line behind Jigjiga and in a carefully calculated

make-believe type of vertical envelopment brought a few tanks by

helicopter behind the Somali lines. Somali troops withdrew to the

border. Petrov, I was told by officers who were in the area, was

simply shepherding Somali troops from the air. Withdrawal continued

on all fronts. Ethiopian control of the ****** was restored by March

Again, Ethiopian officers who participated in the campaign say that

the Russians had worked out a deal with the Somalis to withdraw

peacefully, after it became apparent that they were outflanked.

General Farah Aydid writes that the officer in command of the

Jigjiga front had started communicating secretly with the enemy. He

was planning to overthrow the Siyaad Barre government.

The consequence of Siyaad Barre’s invasion of the ****** and

subsequent defeat was devastating to the Somali people, and

particularly the ******is. The WSLF withdrew to Somalia along with

the Somali military. An estimated 400,000 to 800,000 people from the

****** flocked into Somalia creating food and grazing problems.

Massive international food aid averted an imminent human disaster.

One of the many mistakes Siyaad Barre made was the decision to launch

the offensive on the ******. The WSLF should have been left alone to

continue with protracted guerilla operations. Already they were

successful in controlling most of the countryside and in curtailing

freedom of movement of the Ethiopian army. Invasion of the ****** by

the Somali army opened the possibility for Soviet and Cuban

involvement and the ultimate destruction of the Somali army and the

guerilla movement.

Well my real name is Faarax Geedi and I served as a labo-xidigle in the Somali National Army. :D

Why do you think Somalia lost the war in 1978?

Gen George S. Patton once said, "a good battle plan that you act on today can be better than a perfect one tomorrow."

I have believe we lost because we did very little planning and never took seriously any what-if scenerios that could arise, and did.

Do you have any idea about the somali casualties in such war?

I don't remember the exact figure, but the ethios lost more soldiers than we did. As for you hearing that we lost all those tanks and air power--I believe you heard wrong. The only positive thing the leadership of Said Barre did was call for a withdrawal as soons as we realised the soviets help for the ethiopians was very considerable. And that saved most of our military.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California