Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Ethiopia attack 'leaves 74 dead'

Abwaan   

Kuwii xabashada u shaqayn jirey aaway? kadabkood ayaa go'ay. Haye maa clan court iyo khuraafaadkii maskaxda la idiinka soo shubay ee aad la wareegi jirteen aad ku sheegtaan.

Khalaf   

From what i foresee (And Allah knows best) from my readings in history class, ethiopia will be the winner over somalia, and the second invasion from the ethiopian highlands will come to inlands of what is now called somalia, may take hundred years but it has started and the recipe for its success is there. The killing of 74 peeps and blowing up shit is not going to stop nearly 70 million ppl of nation, many who do not have the fertile lands of somalia, or the coast of the red sea. Somalis cant get along, and what is happening to them is punishment from Allah "what ur own hands have committed ect".... then let ethiopia take over it will be easy, the violence we see are just birth pains nothin much. Mark my words sxbyall, the flood gates have opened. The best way for somalia is for fighting to stop right now and Muslim Peace-keepers to come, take away all the weapons and rule the country by proxy ect....but uncle sam has other plans and somalis are too short-sighted to c it, what is developing rite before their eyes..... i for one dont buy this so called resistance of getting rid of ethiopia, in OG region or inland now.....ethiopia is here to stay and for long time to come.......but we shall see inshallah.

ElPunto   

^A tad pessimistic no Khalaf? I really don't think Somalia or Somalis will be taken over without a fight. And I don't think most Ethiopians want to take over or to fight.

The ONLF can do as it wishes but it certainly has to think about the repurcussions of attacks like this and what, at the end of the day, this accomplishes.

Khalaf   

^^^Well i am not talking about next 20-30 years or so.....but 50-100 yrs how change can take place, ethiopia has greater history, more ppl, less fertile land ect then somalia.....history is a great teacher and it could well happen......anyway somalis deserve what they get if u ask me, and what befalls them is Punishment from Allah swt for their crimes and oppression against each other and against the innocents weak, as Quran says whatever befalls u is due to what your own hands have committed. The chicken has come home to roost.

peace out

anyway somalis deserve what they get if u ask me, and what befalls them is Punishment from Allah swt for their crimes and oppression against each other and against the innocents weak, as Quran says whatever befalls u is due to what your own hands have committed. The chicken has come home to roost.

I couldn't agree more with you. For a long time now Somali's have been committing atrocities against each other.

Their are some on the site who like propagating that this has only been a phenomena in the south, which is inaccurate and unfair. Somali's of all regions and clans have the same social fabric, and as a result the same tendencies for violence cased on clan supremacy. Apart from the violence, the general hatred also is something that has been the downfall of Somali's.

That's why Somali's lost a big chance when the UIC were ousted militarily. The still have a chance to look at the success of the UIC, as evidenced by the 6 month stint in control of south Somalia, and move to try to disable the very many elements of our culture that or so Deviantly incompatible with the requirements indeed expectations of what a Muslim should be and how Muslims (as Somali's are) should behave towards each other.

The needs to be a realisation (when I say this, I mean attempt by the so called intellectuals and elders to move away from the clan as a reference point in all domestic affairs) otherwise the Somali people will either die out or slowly fade away into the Diaspora.

But this punishment aside, because clearly it is exactly this (the oppression from ethopia/americans & Ethiopian stooges) in this current conflict, Somalis who chose to fight against the ethopians have the right, irrespective of what descriptions they are labelled with.

O.N.L.F. Statement On Military Operation Against Illegal Oil Facility In ******n

24 April 2007

Before dawn this morning At 0430 AM local time in ******n, the 'Dufaan' commando unit of the ****** National Liberation Front (ONLF) conducted a military operation in the vicinity of Obala, 30km North-West of Degah-Bur in in Northern ******. The operation targeted 3 military units of the TPLF regime who were guarding an oil exploration field. Exploration activities at the field began recently following an agreement between the Ethiopian government and a Chinese company.

As part of this agreement large areas inhabited by ethnic Somalis were cleared with civilians being forcefully removed from their homes by Ethiopian troops. In addition, Ethiopian forces closed off a large area denying the local nomadic population their traditional grazing areas in order to establish a security perimeter guarded by Ethiopian troops for the oil facility.

TPLF forces in Obala have now been wiped out with many having surrendered to ONLF commandos. Nearly 400 Ethiopian troops have been wounded or killed. Explosions caused by munitions during the battle resulted in the death of a handful of Chinese oil workers. The oil facility itself has been completely destroyed.

ONLF forces rounding up Ethiopian military prisoners following the battle came across 6 Chinese workers. They have been removed from the battlefield for their own safety and are being treated well.

The ONLF has stated on numerous occasions that we will not allow the mineral resources of our people to be exploited by this regime or any firm that it enters into an illegal contract with so long as the people of ****** are denied their rights to self-determination.

By refusing to discuss a comprehensive political solution to the ****** issue in a neutral country and in the presence of a third party, the TPLF regime has made clear its intention to continue to pursue a military solution in ******. As such, we wish to reaffirm to the international community that the ****** region continues to be a battle zone between armed forces of the current TPLF led regime and our liberation forces. It is not a safe environment for any oil exploration to occur.

The ONLF has informed the Chinese government in the past that it would be unwise to pursue discussions with the TPLF as it was not in a position to guarantee the safety of any firm operating in ****** nor was it in a position to enter into contracts with foreign companies for Oil exploration in ******. Unfortunately this warning fell on deaf ears.

We urge all international oil companies to refrain from entering into agreements with the Ethiopian government as it is not in effective control of the ****** despite the claims it makes.

Oil investments in ****** will result in a similar loss for any firm that believes assurances of security it receives from the Ethiopian government which has never been in effective control of ******

****** National Liberation Front (ONLF)

Sayid   

Let us just hope this a warning not to mess others oil is heard. If anyone is taking oil out of the ground, it better be Somali not TPLF. I also hope them to contunue such operations as needed.