Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Living in Somalia's anarchy

OG_Girl   

Seventeenth century philosopher Thomas Hobbes wrote that "life is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short", if there is no central authority.

How True.

Reminds me , my history class -when all history you know just in history class with your history teacher- That they used to teach us that Othman Empire were colonisers and they are the reason "we" Arabs divided and backwards while we used to be great Nation not only in east but even in Spain and Europe!! Seems they forgot to add in history text book that "bad" central authority better than NO central authority!!.

Salam

LANDER   

OG_girl

that is the type of lamenting carabtu ay isku maweeliiyaan, the Turks did this and the Ottomans did that.... They hated the turks so they took up arms against another muslim people in order to aid the christian invaders in this case the british so that in turn this new colonial power can partition the holy land and give it away to zionist. They were used like little pawns by the westerners to help them defeat the Ottoman and once that was achieved they were disgarded by the colonial powers like a dirty rag. They only have themselves to blame for their divisions. I find it very similar to the way some somalis always manage to blame the ethiopians for the divisions that exist between us. Nations like the arabs and somalis who carry defeatist mentality are by no means victims of anybody and the day they start realising that, is the day they can move forward as a people. Until than they will be easy pickings for other nations.

OG_Girl   

^^^ Hold your horses Inabti smile.gif

I am not bashing Arab cause bashing them is bashing my self and my mom and my family.

When I said "they" I meant our education system officials.

I call this internal criticism . I am honest enough to self criticism on its own history. ;)

Salam

Salma   

Originally posted by LANDER:

OG_girl

that is the type of lamenting carabtu ay isku maweeliiyaan, the Turks did this and the Ottomans did that.... They hated the turks so they took up arms against another muslim people in order to aid the christian invaders in this case the british so that in turn this new colonial power can partition the holy land and give it away to zionist. They were used like little pawns by the westerners to help them defeat the Ottoman and once that was achieved they were disgarded by the colonial powers like a dirty rag.

And who taught you this?? The Western Curriculums??? Why don't you first read the History ver well!!!

Just to update ur old info:-

Nobody hated the Turks till some bad Turkish leaders provoked problems between the Arabs and planed the hate in Arabia. The Ottomans were leading the Muslims and the Arabs for 400 yrs. Nobody stoped them or hated them till the blood-shedders in the Committee of Union and Progress and the YOUNG Turks took the leadership starting from 1908 and controlled the Ottoman Empire. And guess who were those rebells who were against the Sultan Abdul Hamid, the sultan who did his best not to sell Palestine to the Jews. Most of them were not muslims(From France,Great Britain & Jews). They were planning to divide the Arabs and take their lands.

I don't think ever that Arabs will hate the Ottomans, they hated the criminals who killed the Syrians, the Armenians and the Egyptians. Besides, don't expect from all Arabs to be Angels. There are the goods ones and the bad ones. Those who sells their countries for anything and those who fight till the last drop of their bloods defending their Religion and Country.

Just like the Somalis and all the other nations. There are the Somalis who won't harm their ppl& country and those who are benefiting from spreading hate,kidnapping, killing and dealing with our enemies.

Allah Kariim

Market forces

"Somalia is a pure free market," one diplomat told me.

And the central Bakara market certainly looks to be thriving. Some businesses, such as telecoms, are also doing well, with mobile phone masts and internet cafes among the few new structures in Mogadishu, a city where many buildings still bear the scars of the heavy fighting between rival militias of the early 1990s.

This large pile of notes is worth about $210

But is a pure free market a good thing?

_40532199_cash203.gif

Speaking from a theoretical point of view, some economists might say so, but in the very harsh reality of Mogadishu, it means guns and other military hardware are freely available in a market not far from the city centre.

I was advised that it was too dangerous to visit, as customers were constantly firing the weapons to make sure they work before buying them.

The cost of an AK-47 is the equivalent of a survey of business confidence in more stable countries.

Following the election of a new president in October, the price fell, as people anticipated that militias may soon no longer be able to operate with impunity.

But a month on, with a government still not named, nor a clear plan for how or when President Abdullahi Yusuf and his team will even go to Mogadishu, let alone get anything done, the price of a weapon has been creeping higher.

A very interesting point.

OG_Girl   

^^^ Well said Classique.. yan9or deenej smile.gif .

I would add without Arab Muslims never unite... The early people whom carried this Great Religion were Arabs till Arab back to their Religion and lead the Muslim world again we will suffer as a muslims.

Plus if Arab were hatters we would do like western wiped out any Islamic and Arab from Spain when they invated us but unlike barbaric westerns we brought light for them and even tought them how to take a shawer.

Salam

Salma   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

^^^ Well said Classique.. yan9or deenej
smile.gif

I would add without Arab Muslims never unite... The early people whom carried this Great Religion were Arabs till Arab back to their Religion and lead the Muslim world again we will suffer as a muslims.

Salam

I have simple message to all the Nomads here:-

Don't blame all the nations for what one person /group of ppl did. Iam sure You guyz don't like to be blamed for what the Warlords did in our country? right!!

It's not good to say all Indians are bad, all the Iranians are bad, all the Arabs are losers.

Here in SOL, we have some Anti-Arabs nomads who keeps linking all the bad things to them. What for??!! Just be objective and just when u are judging others.

Back to the topic:

"There is nothing you can do when kids with guns steal everything you have, even your clothes. I'm from a small clan, so I was unable to fight back," he said.

Well, It seems the kids with gunz will NOW get more gunz and weapons.

Why I believe that our situation in Somalia has nothing to do with having a governemnt and that's all. The Somalis can get thousands of governments and still not be effective if they are not willing to settle down and accept peace and cooperation.

Salam