Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Unreasonable STANDARS - Women vs. Men

Hibo   

(Disclaimer: If I am posting something already talked about, I apologize for being redundant. But if I offend anyone, well, as Harlan Ellison once said, "If I offend you, you probably NEED to be offended.")

OK, let's go down to the mat with something that some women will argue with me to the death is not true, and some women will agree with me and say: "So what's wrong with that?"

It is MY OPINION (look at that closely, kids) that BOTH men and women can sometimes set very unrealistic and unreasonable standards for what they look for in an SO.

However, I think that men ultimately are a lot more forgiving as far as what they are willing to let slide in choosing a partner.

If you look at it using the metaphor of buying a car as choosing an SO, men are more willing to drive it off the lot if there's a small dent or two in the fender.

A woman will slide right by it like yesterday's newspaper if it's anything less than mint condition.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. But by and large, women can be very rigid and not very flexible in what they want and what they are willing to sacrifice in order to get with a prospective partner. And a lot of times, it's got to do with idiotic, shallow reasons (looks, money, social status ie; Ina_hebel)that don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

There is NOTHING wrong with having standards, just that we (women) need to know when to let go.

I know that if I held hard and fast to the wacked-out standards that I had when I was in my late teens-to early twenties, the wonderful man I am currently seeing probably would have been passed up like the car with a few dents in the fender.

Fact is ladies, (and you know who you are) if you want to be unhappy and sitting at home well into your twilight years with a box of chocolates and a tea pot in front of the TV because your combination of Tyrees /Bill Gates/Denzel Washington hasn't come along to sweep you off your feet, you are free to do so.

But don't complain that "a good man is hard to find".

It's your own damn fault.

God Bless.

Hibo   

Hehehe, You see, now thats what i call the honest truth and nothing but the truth guys.

I tried to tell ours girls about all this and now it is a woman who is saying it, thats cool lady smile.gifcwm26.gif

Hibo   

SoulLady "a good man is hard to find"

I would say to you the word 'hard' means inexperience to you, since there are numerous good men and hence girls fond of the bad guys, just becaus they have more confidence in sharing with the bad guys among us.

Try to change your bad habits first to easily obtain the good guys who are there with strict rules, preoccupied moral denominations and faith along their twisted partners.

Hibo   

Thanks Mr.Jibril

Caydiid, looks like you focused too much on my last concluding phrase of the argument.

May I kindly ask you to read again.. smile.gif

cwm28.gif

Hibo   

Abooyo macaan soul_lady!

I had to admit I was surprise to read this from a female, never the less refreshing.

Me personally I think there is nothing wrong with having high standard/expectations for prospect parner, however I thing if you have high standards you must yourself meet those standards, cuz if u are uneducated/unattractive/ignorant fool, u should not wait for someone that is educated/attractive to aproach you. But if you got it goin'on for u than so be it, set your standard to the sky, simple as that. You should not have to lower your standard cuz society sets perceived age limit for u to find someone, get married. In short, why do I need to drive off the dent car from the dealership when I know the dealership is expecting new cars to be delivered in the coming weeks.

cwm44.gif

Hibo   

Originally posted by illmatic:

Abooyo macaan soul_lady!

I had to admit I was surprise to read this from a female, never the less refreshing.

Me personally I think there is nothing wrong with having high standard/expectations for prospect parner, however I thing if you have high standards you must yourself meet those standards, cuz if u are uneducated/unattractive/ignorant fool, u should not wait for someone that is educated/attractive to aproach you. But if you got it goin'on for u than so be it, set your standard to the sky, simple as that. You should not have to lower your standard cuz society sets perceived age limit for u to find someone, get married. In short, why do I need to drive off the dent car from the dealership when I know the dealership is expecting new cars to be delivered in the coming weeks.

cwm44.gif

Thank You walaalo ....... you've Said all that I would have said

cwm20.gifcwm20.gif

Hibo   

Illmatic: Thank you.

Soul_lady: It snot what u r willing to give up that makes up the missing pieces in the puzzle its what u r willing to add..making any sense?.. Hope so... Everyone has set requirements for their partners to meet. It sjust like looking for a job... if u r a high school graduate, u can't apply for a job that requires for u to have a college degree... simple is that! However, if what u r propogating is " wax kasto waa kari karaa" like most somalis, sad to say believe... than too bad.. the competition is too damnn high for ur sorry ass...not urs in particular.. just a phrase...don't pick on it..

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

[This message has been edited by Hibo (edited 03-07-2002).]

Hibo   

THE PERFECT MAN

The perfect man is gentle

Never cruel or mean

He has a beautiful smile

And keeps his face so clean.

The perfect man likes children

And will raise them by your side

He will be a good father

As well as a good husband to his bride.

The perfect man loves cooking

Cleaning and vacuuming too

He'll do anything in his power

To convey his feelings of love to you.

The perfect man is sweet

Writing poetry from your name

He's a best friend to your mother

And kisses away your pain.

He never has made you cry

Or hurt you in any way.

Oh, forget this stupid poem

"

"

"

The perfect man is gay!!!!

The Perfect man is GAY

Hibo   

Its me again the one and only honest Nomad chicka. Thought you might like this

THE HUSBAND

Here I sit, in all my glory,

Lend me an ear, and I'll tell ya a story,

Once had a wife--she was such a dear,

Then came the Internet,

and it all disappeared!

Now there she sits , for hours on end,

I don't care where I'm goin',

don't care where I've been.

It could be two, or it could be nine,

she really doesn't care, long as she's online

She gets outta work and rushes home,

She comes in screaming at me, "Get off the phone!"

Where the hell's my hug? Where is my kiss?

But she's at the computer--that's all she missed!

Talking to buddies, checking the mail

All her priorities--I'm in cyber Hell!

My stomach's growling-- it's so unfair!

No clean dishes and I'm out of underwear!

Drink me a beer, stare at the walls,

I'll pick at my teeth while I'm scratching my balls,

Farting and burping all while I pee,

Can you believe she's there??

She could be with Me

Sou_Lady (where r u hiding these days?)...

U have a point about setting unreasonable standards. However, I don't think one should lower their requirements solely for the sake of finding a partner quickly.

Ppl (or at least I) have expectations for a reason. It's possible to overlook a few things i.e. compromise....but that's not to say u should give up your dreams easily.

If u don't aim for what u want/need from a partner and u only settle for what u can get, ur likely to become very unhappy and very bored very quickly.

Dhimbil   

Sup Barwaaqo....true that.

Welcome back, hvn't seen u around.

Horta where is Soul baryahaan?

Soul-lady soobax oo ciyaar!

Ameenah & Hibo anytime ladies.

peace

Im always puzzled by Soul-Lady. To me she epitomises the sound of reason and ofcouse calls the shots as she sees rather than be a follower...respect to theee as always and I do really hope that Happiness is what you shall rip.

I like the following and I think it sure makes alot of sense....

"Of course there are exceptions to every rule. But by and large, women can be very rigid and not very flexible in what they want and what they are willing to sacrifice in order to get with a prospective partner. And a lot of times, it's got to do with idiotic, shallow reasons (looks, money, social status ie; Ina_hebel)that don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things

Welcome back SL