Sign in to follow this  
Castro

Black Hawk Rising: CIA Warlords Take Control in Mogadishu

Castro   

Written by Chris Floyd

Tuesday, 08 May 2007

What's happening these days in Somalia, the land that Time (and Newsweek) forgot? Well, after killing several hundred civilians and driving more than 350,000 people from their homes during last month's Terror War blitzkrieg in Mogadishu, George Bush's proxy "regime change" forces (including the brutal, American-trained military of the Ethiopian invaders) have installed an unelected warlord as the new mayor of the capital, McClatchy Newspapers reports.

Mohamed Dheere is very much in the classic "strongman" mode so beloved by America's dispensers of liberation and democracy over the past century. He comes to his new post from his former gangland turf in the northern town of Jowhar, "where he presided over a famously ruthless extortion network," McClatchy noted. Yes, from Somaza to Saddam, from Marcos to Mubarak, this is our kind of guy. Dheere's expertise in extortion will no doubt prove invaluable in his new role as a greasy wheel in the great global shakedown machine known as the "War on Terror," where Bush and his button men travel the world, threatening to kneecap any weak country that won't cough up "oil laws" or "basing agreements" on demand.

Naturally, in keeping with the inch-think paint of piety required by all players in the Terror War, the ruthless extortioner Dheere repented of all the crimes he committed to reach the top and "asked Somalis to forgive him for his past misdeeds" when he took office last week, McClatchy reports. And just to make sure they do forgive him, he has been given a helpmeet for his spiritual labors: "another former warlord, Abdi Hasan 'Qaybdid' Awale," who was appointed national police chief by the unelected prime minister of the Bush-backed "transitional government," Ali Mohamed Gedi.

Chief Awale, like many of Bush's new allies in Somalia, was once a leading figure in the "Black Hawk Down" faction of warlords that mutilated and humiliated U.S. soldiers during America's previous foray into the territory. But of course, he too has been been forgiven for his past misdeeds by the Great White Father in Washington. Indeed, Awale has come in so far from the Black Hawk cold that he was put on the CIA payroll last year -- alongside Mayor Dheere, McClatchy reports. Your tax dollars at work.

But all this talk of repentance and forgiveness should not be mistaken as a sign of weakness on the part of the Unitary Executive's satraps in Somalia. Perish the thought! "The appointment of these new leaders is not to go easy on the people of Mogadishu, but to face the hard task of ensuring and securing a peaceful environment," said the unelected prime minister of the unelected mayor and his CIA colleague. In other words, they will be kicking *** and taking names -- of all those too weak to kick back -- in the best Terror War tradition.

Chris Floyd

Tahliil   

Chief Awale, like many of Bush's new allies in Somalia, was once a leading figure in the "Black Hawk Down" faction of warlords that mutilated and humiliated U.S. soldiers during America's previous foray into the territory.
But of course, he too has been been forgiven for his past misdeeds by the Great White Father in Washington.
Indeed, Awale has come in so far from the Black Hawk cold that he was put on the CIA payroll last year -- alongside Mayor Dheere, McClatchy reports. Your tax dollars at work.

How I hope to see that paragraph printed in Newsweek or Time magazine..the truth is that one needs not to invistigate that deep about Abdi Qaydiid's involvement of the death of those 18 American soldiers in Mogadishu.

What's happening these days in Somalia, the land that Time (and Newsweek) forgot?
Well, after killing several hundred civilians and driving more than 350,000 people from their homes during last month's Terror War blitzkrieg in Mogadishu, George Bush's proxy "regime change" forces (including the brutal, American-trained military of the Ethiopian invaders) have installed an unelected warlord as the new mayor of the capital, McClatchy Newspapers reports.

Yet more daming analysis from a nuetral non-somali author. But i guess their opnions dont matter much, they dont have the bigg gun's on at the end of the hands. just a pen, keyboard even, still!

Its interesting articles. The below two are to be found on Hiiraan by a various Author's. I always go for the ones i precieve to have no agenda of their own in the conflict, and those who try to cover as factually as possible the recent conflict its recent roots, development and its players.

http://www.hiiraan.com/op2/2007/may/clans_and_crisis_in_somalia.aspx

Clans & Crisis in Somalia

By Gitau Muthuma

http://www.hiiraan.com/op2/2007/may/somalia_the_other_hidden_war_for_oil.aspx

Somalia The Other (Hidden war) for Oil

By Carl Bloice

N.O.R.F   

^^Saxib, they (i support Ethios Inc) will not acknowledge the grand scheme of things. Its adeero in the hot seat and time to try and get a position/job etc. Gotta stay loyal naamean?

N.O.R.F   

Who cares about them? Their homes were bombed. Now those who bombed their homes are shouting 'we have restored peace so you can come back' :rolleyes:

Somalia war fuelling refugee crisis

Somalia now has the worst refugee crisis in the world, the UN says, with nearly half a million refugees who have fled Mogadishu lacking food, medicine and shelter.

The refugees fleeing fighting between pro-government forces and Union of Islamic Courts fighters have ended up in the country's impoverished border regions.

The UN estimates 400,000 people have fled Mogadishu since February, making Somalia's refugee crisis the world's worst.

After weeks of fighting, the interim government backed by Ethiopian forces launched a huge operation against Islamic Courts fighters in March, killing more than 1,000 people.

The UN accused both sides in the conflict of breaking humanitarian law by indiscriminately firing on civilian areas.

Up to 18,000 refugees from Mogadishu have ended up in a district called Bulla Hawa on the Somali-Kenyan border.

Most of them hope to cross into the already overflowing refugee camps in Kenya, but even that murky oasis is out of reach as the border has been closed.

Mohammed Adow, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Bulla Hawa, said the refuges lived in desperate conditions in the lawless town.

Nimo Billow, one of the refugees, said: "I decided to flee Mogadishu with my children when our neighbours' houses were hit by mortars and rockets.

"It was a sudden decision and even my husband was not at home when we fled. The market where he works was hit my mortars the same day we fled. We still have no information on his whereabouts."

The refugees are putting more pressure on an already impoverished community.

An outbreak of cholera in the area has killed dozens and left hundreds seriously ill.

The frontier town, like many parts of Somalia, remains chaotic and unsafe, with militias ruling and gun battles common.

Abdullahi Yusuf, the Somali president, said last month that his pro-government forces had won the battle in Mogadishu and the fighting was over. He urged residents to return to their homes.

"I urge residents in Mogadishu to return to their homes... We, the government, regret fighting in residential areas and forcing them to flee their homes," he said.

But many refguees do not appear to be heeding his call.

Despite the poor conditions in areas like Bulla Hawa, most will not return to Mogadishu but hope for help to reach them.

"Despite all my problems here I do not intend to go back to Mogadishu anytime soon," Billow said.

Source: Al Jazeera

Abdullahi Yusuf, the Somali president, said last month that his pro-government forces had won the battle in Mogadishu and the fighting was over. He urged residents to return to their homes.

"I urge residents in Mogadishu to return to their homes... We, the government, regret fighting in residential areas and forcing them to flee their homes," he said.

But many refguees do not appear to be heeding his call.

Has this man have no shame or any principle? Through the Ethopians his Gang have terrorised the same people there supposed to bring peace and security to, and now he ask's them to return?