Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

What is the Role of a Somali Woman?

Juxa   

i agree with kool, a woman's place is in the kitchen close to a jar containing rat poison for the husband

Cabdow   

^ Aamiinta hala igu daro lol

C&H, inkastoon odayaal bir-laq ah ku abtirsado, hadana fulay hooyadii ma gablanto horey loo yiri ;)

Buuxo from Luuq! Malaha luuqa in lagu geeyaad ka jeclaan laheed then the xero icon_razz.gif But seriously, lafdhabarta ummada uma quuro inaan xoolo ku tilmaamo, xaasha smile.gif

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Juxa:

i agree with kool, a woman's place is in the kitchen close to a jar containing rat poison for the husband

oo haddaa yaa markaas cidlo u dhiman doona! :D

Tuujiye   

Abooto Dhacnay iisha ilbuuneeeeeeeee!!! lawaa xati lil bashar aa lagudhahay yaa Juxa!!!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Curly   

Joking aside! I feel I have a duty to all women to help even a small group of men change their views on sexism.

Yeah it's easy for everyone to have a good old laugh about the 'women's place' being in the kitchen and blah blah blah but I honestly feel that the Somali people for one are conditioned to think on some subconscious level that sexism is ok. This idea that women have a role to fulfil at all because their women etc. Why do we allow our children to grow up with this idea that 'this is just the way things are'? It's not even just sexism but these outdated values or ideas that you have to be grouped by differences or similarities. Why can a person just choose to be what they want without having to conform?

Why should a woman or a man have to ask what their role is...can't they just use their own sense of morals to do what is right for them and their family? based on who is available and who is logically the right person to undertake a task or who would like to do something.

In hindsight, maybe I was judgemental, even though the question posted was open-ended and left there for discussion. The reactions from the ladies all point to different roles, which is at least encouraging!

Originally posted by Juxa:

LOOOOL!