Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

What is the Role of a Somali Woman?

Don’t make me go all Oh no he didn’t on you!! Don’t make me go there old man. *steps back and start taking off her massive holler hops earrings off and rolling up her oversized jumper in preparation of going all malade on the old man*

*p.s I doubt she is a woman; in-fact how do you know she is a woman? Eeh. She could be a he for all we know. In-fact could probably be, this is the sort nonsense men will puke out I assure you. Unless we conduct an experience that will convince me beyond reasonable doubt that she/he is in fact a she. I see no reason why I should answer your question or throw my shoes at you.

What a woman's role is defined by the individual woman based on her values. Some woman marry because they want a husband to take care of them.

By the way both Somali men and women are not lovers, it is just not in our blood.

Cabdow   

Originally posted by hodman:

^^^ what does Raaliyo even mean? Is dat another word for doormat?

Doormat? Noo far from it!

Raaliyo is actually a behaviour women adopt/show once lasoo xiro galiyo (not all but some) and those "Some" are usually said to be those who end up in a successful marriage! Don't quote me on it, waa saan maqlay smile.gif

Raaliye, of course. That is the 'male version.'

Raaliyonimo iyo raaliyenimaba labadoodaba qalad laga fahmay. Only dadka fahmo see ugu dhaqmaan the true reer qoyseed ayaa garto. Wax ka reer magaalsana ma arkin, waa dad reerkooda iyo carruurtooda u soo jeedo, kana hormariye dan walba, unlike wiifyaasha kale banaanka fadhi ku dirirka ka ku afleeriyo iyo kuwa kalena aroos ka aroos ku wareego.

Cabdow   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Raaliye, of course. That is the 'male version.'

Raaliyonimo iyo raaliyenimaba labadoodaba qalad laga fahmay. Only dadka fahmo see ugu dhaqmaan the true reer qoyseed ayaa garto. Wax ka reer magaalsana ma arkin, waa dad reerkooda iyo carruurtooda u soo jeedo, kana hormariye dan walba, unlike wiifyaasha kale banaanka fadhi ku dirirka ka ku afleeriyo iyo kuwa kalena aroos ka aroos ku wareego.

Hodman, there ^^^ you have it!

Oh btw, rag ma xiro galaan ee iyagaa xiro galiyo dumarka (Again, dont quote me on it, waaa saan maqlay :D )

hodman   

MMA thanks for the clarification

Canjeex ur asking for it with your rag iyagaa wax xero galiya :D Xerada waa la wadaa galaa aan taaganahay hadaba

Cabdow   

Xerada waa la wadaa galaa aan taaganahay hadaba

If both paid the expense half, i agree. But, if one paid more then the other, then surely, midbaa laxero gashtay, wouldn't you say :D

Xerooyinka are modernized these days, they come with automatic doors @Cara smile.gif