Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Samatar, Monster Next Door

Castro,

Dhaawacu ninkuu ka cusubyahay dhiiggu farihiisa,

Oo shalayto kaa dhaansadaa dhoorre kula yaalle,

Dhaqaalayna mayside naftaad kala dhaqoolteen’e

How many other equally responsible men live in the west that could not be touched because they belong to more strongly organized clans? Was the individual who filed the criminal complaint against Samatar motivated by his personal experience with Samatar or was he after justice to the atrocities committed during Barre’s reign?

I do believe this is a selective prosecution of an old man who might have once occupied in the second post in Barre regime but might not necessarily had been the most criminal or the most influential. Samatar have never been apologetic in putting down the rebel movements that took army against the Somali government he served. Today in hindsight, and in the context of what has transpired, I don’t believe Barre regime was as bad as we were led to believe, for more heinous crimes have been committed after it collapsed. It’s the nature of Somalis to die senselessly, and one cannot blame those in power who were forced to kill the ignorant, armed beasts who were motivated not by higher ideals but by clannish agenda----a clannish agenda that we all saw in our old ages what it amounted to. Awoowe SSDF would’ve loved to bring Barre to court. The USC folks wish to file criminal complaint against Ina Yusuf if they could, and the SNM gangs would still want to claim the moral summit of Somalia’s conflict. So what you are applauding is as silly as the Maliki government’s trail of Sadam Hussein.

The fact that Samatar belongs to minority group will not factor in how Supreme Court would decide the case. That much I agree. But the whole thing is nonsense la kordhabay awoowe.

Ha la is cafiyyo, ama dadkoo dhan ha la maxkamadeeyyo

ps. Gabadhiisii baa magalaada joogta, oo taageero rabta, oo tiri odaga aabahay tol ma leh ee hay lay hiiliyyo. But I am not buying that :D

Qudhac   

^^^^

when he was ordering the executions of student and other innocent people did you think he gave thought for their families and daughters and sons, who he silenced using the power of state.

i thought not.

its funny how your only defense of these men boils down to he was not the only man, and he doesnt have big tribe???

Abtigiis   

Xinnow, gabadhu haday hadashay ha loo hiiliyo, considering the persecution against reerka odayga.

Anigu Samatar wixii Hargeisa ka dhacay uma haysto (for there is no evidence he was personally responsible for any crimes), laakiin waxaa la ii sheegay 80 sarkaal oo Jigjiga lagu toogtay 1977 inuu amarka isagu bixiyey. Arintaasi haday run tahay, it is only fair he is tried for his crimes.

Qudhac

There is no evidence he did that. plus, why is Maxamed kaahin of kulmiye walking free when he was a colonel who murdered hundreds of SSDF supporters in goboladda dhexe?

Rer-waqooyi badan oo xansuuqii SSDF ka qayb galay ayaa ugu nool Hargeisa like heroes.

Qudhac   

A&T

its very easy to say there is "no evidence", thats just words, the fact is there is plenty of evidence its just justice takes while to catch up with criminals and mass murderers.

so stop diddle daddling take a side or as usuall cheer from the side line

Thankful   

Castro, I don't think you understand what people are saying here or atleast what I am saying.

All of this is regarding the fact that the same people like JB, Qudhac and others are happy that Mr. Samatar is being sued in civilian court. Because they and many others allege he was responsible for countless war crimes. However, when you turn the tables on them and say - well look your current president of NW Somalia worked for the National Security Services (NSS) in intelligence as the station chief in the same area that many war crimes took place, they respond that no one has accused him so he is innocent. When you also say to them that the victims of Mr. Samatar do not alleged in the law suit that he was the one carrying out the crimes, it was intelligence people and the military, and I remind JB and Qudhac that their president was an intelligence officer, they ignore it and still defend him.

Basically they will never admit they elected a man that worked for the same regime and the same field that they claim abused them.

The frustration on this thread has nothing to do with Samatar's case, it has to do with the fact that other Siad Regime guys from Egal who was named Prime Minister to Riyaale have been forgiven because they come from NW somalia. But anyone from outside they are happy to see punished.

All this has to do with is the fact that the same people who are happy Mr. Samatar is being sued, remain silent when it concerns the former regime members that came from their area. That's all!

Qudhac   

I remind JB and Qudhac that their president was an intelligence officer, they ignore it and still defend him.

you joking right, this is your defense of samater the man in charge of the armed forces of the third most powerfull country in africa at that time.

its good thing you not his lawyer. :D

NGONGE   

^^ The problem is that the soft spot you speak of is not in your heart in this instance. :D

For all you wrote on this thread, I refer you to my reply to Mr Thankful on the other thread.

^^we are reading hearts now, are we? :D

Adeer I am not excited about an old man sued while younger and more energetic criminals are still running the affairs of the ummah back home .

It's silly really

NGONGE   

^^ You're the one doing all the reading here, warya. :D

I was hinting at the soft spot you're talking about being in your head and not, as traditionally understood, in your heart (like the expression: he's soft in the head).

The rest of what you say fails the minute you mention back home. Dee Visa o wada *** and then sue them when they get here.

NGONGE   

^^ I honestly don't care for Samatar and should his daughter approach me for help, I probably would help her.

What I find silly is the argument that you have been peddling here about the man's clan or the reasons why those people in Virginia were going after him. It is stuff and nonsense.