Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Talk of war

This talk of war from a respected 'elder'.

“Mushkiladda Sool waxa lagu xalin karaa dagaal culus†Suldaan Maxamed Suldaan Cabdulqaadir

Hargeysa (Jam)- Suldaan Maxamed Suldaan Cabdulqaadir, oo ka mid ah Madax-dhaqameedyada sare ee Somaliland , ayaa sheegay in xalka keli ah ee mushkiladda Gobolka Sool lagu soo afjari karaa yahay dagaal culus oo dawladda Somaliland ku qaado Maamul-goboleedka Puntland, ee hadda haysta magaalo-madaxda Gobolka ee Laascaanood.

Suldaan Maxamed, waxa uu sidaa ku sheegay waraysi uu shalay siiyey Telefishanka madaxabannaan ee Somaliland TV iyo Jamhuuriya , kaas oo uu Suldaanku ku soo bandhigay aragtidiisa siyaasadeed ee ku waajahan xal-u-helidda mushkiladda dabada-dheeraatay ee Gobolka Sool, ee u dhexeeya Somaliland iyo maamulka Puntland...

...S: Arrintan Madax-dhaqameedyada loo xilsaaray ma qaabka loo gelayo ayaad diiday, mise waxa aad u aragtaa mid aan waxba laga qaban Karin?

J: Anigu ma diidani, doorkan doorkii ka horreeyey waraysi la iga qaaday waxa aan idhi; ‘Meesha [Laascaanood] maalinta xoog lagu gelayo ha la ii yeedho.’

SOURCE: http://www.jamhuuriya.info/index.php?art_id=2328&categ=1&expand=1&file=view_article.tp

It is sad to hear a supposed 'elder' suggesting war as a solution. However he is right to an extent because he knows his people will not give up on Sool nor will reer Puntland. I personally don't tink that there is anything to negotiate.

Somaliland has time and again made it clear that it wants to settle the issue peacefully. But it is now becoming clear to everyone that one of the parties to the conflict is unwilling to commit itself in that direction. Which sadly leaves us with no other option, and now war seems a very inevitable reality.

^^^^^^^ Soomaalia waxeey ku maah maahdaa nimaan shantaada kaa celin sharci kaama celiyo.

I will recomend somaliland to attack Puntland and let us see what somaliland gain from that.

Lol.So now Puntland is the villain. Can you tell me how on earth do you expect us to negotiate when you are on my soil with WEAPONS.

The elders of Sool made themselves crystal clear, the only time that they are willing to talk peacefully is when Soamliland takes its soldiers from our soil.

Somaliland always states that it loves peace, then why on earth are you attacking a land that obviously does not belong to you. If the Suldaan Maxamed wants war he will get war but let him remember 'Ama afeef hore lahow ama adkasi danbe'

^^ obviously, you are a day late mate! :D

Wiil Duco

I wouldn't want to see yet another Somali fighting a nameless war, but if that is where it comes down to, it will be bloody one unseen in that corner for decades.

Sure, ninkii roon ayuuba deedna reerka u hadhi. The rule of the jungle. :D

But I would wanted for the puntland leadership to think outside the clan box and realise that borders can not be altered in place for ethnic/clan territorialisation. That is expansionism, and we will fight it. :D

Sky   

Its tragic to see an elder talk like that and on the other side hes wrong to boot. War is also not an option for Somaliland, for theyll be facing not only the Puntland forces but also the independant militias and heavily armed citizenry of SSC. Even if Somaliland takes over the SSC regions. It would be virtually impossible to withstand the pressure of urban/rural warfare from the SSC independant militias, armed citizens as well as securing the 500 mile border from strikes of the Puntland forces.

Both war and peace are not an option for Somaliland, because simply SSC are part of Puntland. Accept it and move on!

I suppose Somaliland is not based on clanism :D

What borders cannot be altered, the ones set during the colonial times :confused: Then again you have a colonial name for your 'country' so I should not be suprised that you seek a colonial border.

^^ Look around mate, there is colonial borders everywhere. :D

Sky

Hold you horses mate.

If you look at it from a different angle, the problem is not that difficult actually. It is just that the Rayaale adminisrtation has made it very difficult. There had been countless opportunities that it did not take advantage of. Simply put, he is a softie and doesn't qualify to lead Somaliland in this war.

Somaliland needs a battlehardened leadership for a successful less blood, solution to the problem. That however needs for us to topple this incompetent leadership, which is helping to divide Somaliland more then it is uniting. I am becoming sick of Dahir Rayaale these days. He is been a failure. redface.gif

But that doesn't mean Somaliland still can not kick *** if war broke out there. We have an army which is more then capable of dealing a heavy blow to anything that comes on its way.

Personally, I prefer for a new leadership in Somaliland to solve this issue.

Sky   

Suldaaanka

You should be happy that riyaale hasnt commited suicide by attacking SSC/Puntland or what you see as Eastern Somaliland. The other side is no joke sxb, Puntland forces and independant militias will strike hard when attacked. Like I said its virtually impossible for Somaliland to stay on its feet then.

And after all, the SSC are only important to Somaliland to get recognition nothing less. No SSC voluntary participation, No Somaliland recognition. But that doesnt mean that the solution is to take SSC over by force. The world will see how Somaliland is trying to force whole regions and clans under their banner through WAR! Ironically something totally contradictory to Somalilands whole case of seceding from Somalia.

^^ LOL

Sky

Sxb why are you advocating for a civilwar? Or do you think the Puntland melitia will be an easy cake. I don't understand where you got this "independant militias" or whatever you called them from.

Sxb, I hope that will not be the case since that will be a disaster for the region, because a prelonged war will only hinder economical and social progress of the region.

If the regular Puntland army is defeated and routed out into where they came from, then that is mission accomplished. Whatever spill over that follows can be contained since the locals will be left to run their area and not people from other regions of Somaliland.

Paragon   

Originally by Suldaanka: Somaliland needs a battlehardened leadership for a successful less blood, solution to the problem. That however needs for us to topple this incompetent leadership, which is helping to divide Somaliland more then it is uniting. I am becoming sick of Dahir Rayaale these days. He is been a failure.

But that doesn't mean Somaliland still can not kick *** if war broke out there. We have an army which is more then capable of dealing a heavy blow to anything that comes on its way.

Originally by Sky: The other side is no joke sxb, Puntland forces and independant militias will strike hard when attacked. Like I said its virtually impossible for Somaliland to stay on its feet then.

Juma, you only chose to see Sky's remark and not Suldaanka :D . I think your:

Dhuuso weyna..?

Awal aya horey lo yiiri 'fuley wax ka dhar iyo xanjabad badan maleh'...!

..should apply to both nomads, not only Sky. It is only fair to do so. They are both hinting at war.

Lets not talk of war. It wont help no one and no way will benefit our brothers in Hargaysa. Puntland is able to defend itself and if it could not I doubt a Somaliland elder would be beating his chest talking about war.

As I have said on many occasions the issue of SSC is for the clans who live there, they have chosen to stay with Somalia then no power will take that choice away from them.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by General Duke:

[QBAs I have said on many occasions the issue of SSC is for the clans who live there, they have chosen to stay with Somalia then no power will take that choice away from them. [/QB]

What a cunning move..! Sxb where and when did these people make their choice apart from being the time they chose to be part and parcel of the S/land.?

Unless you are evaluating the words and actions of those who have no self value and dignity and that surround Yeey. Ooops I forgot adeero is also one of them.. :D

^^^ I applaud your honesty brother. For you have at last shown how troubled you are. The people of SSC have chosen to be part of SOMALIA. Its simple as that. They fought for Somali independence and they are now part of the Somali state of Puntland. Its sad that a man who claims that he is a nationalist denies this for clan reasons. Your whole arguments are rather nonsical when you make such utterances.

No war between Somaliland and Puntland. no war for land no more wars between our people.