Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

The Somali Soccer Star

Rokko   

53832a.jpg

Juventus have once again made a bid for Lazio Somali playmaker Fabio Liverani, who has been the revelation of the Serie A season. The 25-year-old, who used to play in the Serie C1 (Italy's third division) up until last season has proven to be an exhilarating discovery, so much so that coach Giovanni Trapattoni decided to call him up to the Italian national last year. Juventus have offered $12.5 million (US) plus one player among Michele Paramatti, Alssandro Birindelli or Jonathan Bachini. In order to convince get the player, who is rated at around $US20 million, the management of the "Old Lady" is also ready to surrender also Marco Zanchi, a defender. Liverani, who was also the first black player born in Italy to have donned the jersey of the Azzuri, also became the first black-Italian player to sign for a major Serie A team.

Ariadne   

what an accomplishmet for the brother when the Italain government won't even give citizenships to some they let him play on the team. but why is his name fabio liverani? :eek:

good question sister,

because the guy is a christian and no he's not somali but his mum happened to be somali and no that doesn't make him somali coz have you ever seen a nomad called FABIO LIVERANI? come on he should be called faarax,geedi,warsame,rooble,sugulle.e.t.c so if you want a real nomad who's a soccer star look no further than the dutch league coz we got a brother named DAHIR HIRSI who plays for NEC and guess what he's on loan from none other than AJAX AMSTERDAM they don't come much bigger than that do they? so you decide who's more somali between FABIO LIVERANI and DAHIR HIRSI? :rolleyes:

LOoooooooL Abdul...

I have to agree with ya on that one...

FABIO's mom had to be one of those Xalimo's who were lost and maried some dude name LIVERANI... but the point is that he has money and he is famous ... so No matter what we say about his mom or dad and where he was born and what religion he has...

there is no PURE somali who can come as far as HE did... So atleast he is 50% Somali and i rather support him then hate on him ... if u know what i mean ...

Aaliyah...

Hey no need to back bite nomads hi is wot he is, and he has managed to make a gr8 career for himself, imagine the prejudice he must have had to come through from the italians, and no doubt somali's if he ever came across some.

He is Half somali regardless of what anybody else says, and a gr8 player @ that.

It is quite ironic that the first 'Black' player to play for the full italian team turned out to be somali dont u think?

4real he's half somali but yeah we proud of him nomatter what, i even heard he speaks fluent somali and he was in SOMALIA as recently as 93 so he better be a nomad.whoelse but nomad has that mental toughness to grow up in a alien country with a different language and culture but still to come out as a winner doesn't he already sound the nomad that lives next door? :D and yo and don't 4get about DAHIR HIRSI aswell he's a dutch and WUXUU ISKU DHIIBAY as a ETHIOPIAN but he's pure NOMAD and plays for NEC in the dutch 1st division so next time the dutch league is on the telly don't switch it off instead watch it you might find him with his skinny *** running and dribbling past the big and heavily built that's are dutch redface.gif

<-===='m Back

As a Soccer Player Growing up in Holland i should have known that some dude name Dahir Hirsi plays for NEC... NEC is not my favorite team and has never been, but if i knew that a brother plays for that team i would have definitely been one...

AJAX? i rather prefer PSV thats my team ...

but thats me..!

Aaliyah

what you mean my team is PSV? come aaliyah you know you can do better than that PSV sux and you know that. when was the last time you were in HOLLAND? the guy is only 20 and he's on loan to NEC from AJAX so you know the brother is good when he plays for AJAX any player who plays for AJAX has to be good so maybe you should try at NEC's website who knows you might find him there.

"How We Somalis want to have role models" and yet alot of us dont want to work hard enough for it. Let the fella enjoy the fruits of his labour. It takes more than just talking to get to what you dream about.

N.O.R.F   

I saw this brother (Hersi) play fo the Dutch under 21 side against England under 21s last year and i must i was very impressed even though he looked weak when playng against the english who were strong as usual. My advise to him would be to play a little tougher and he may get somewhere.

As for the somali Lazio player, yo thats gr8, no matter what percentage is somali, i'm proud of both brothers!

RaMpAgE   

northern...i have that problem aswell...i am playing aganist guyz who where already pro'z n alot stronger..bulit ...i noe how diffcult it is :eek: ...to stay up at this level i have to go to the gym nearly everday....but itz all good at the end....hopeful...n good luck to the brotherz..... :D