Sign in to follow this  
macalimuu

Somali Intellectualls should lead the way

No intellectual in his right mind would even try to have ago....why? Bse Somalis dont listen to reason rather qabiil n if u r not well conversant like the indigenous folks selected to parliament then you have no chance. Going with theories n ofcouse developmental mentally wont wash with them....only die hards as hard as nails can succeed there.

raula   

The word intellectual has been tinkered with and used by some to “FIT†certain distinctiveness. With that said-waa maxay "INTELLECTUAL" micnihiisu :confused: Perhaps one who emanates from the west, (western knowledge); a progressive/moderate-Muslim; a sophisticated contender, or boy-toy/puppet for the western theater :confused: :mad: …is an erudite Muslim scholar an intellectual?-and how would this settle with the somali public..ma marreekan iyo waxsheega qaramada midoobe beey kadaba ordi doona(which they do)..mise daantooda iyo dadnimadooda bey casiri doonan :confused: Allow no sahal-amin.

the word intellectual is flaws and inflated in the subject of knowledge-seeking..its only defined by how many books you read and what "meanderous" western philosophy/thinking one employs-A petty doctoral degree with no experience whatsoever :rolleyes:

We dont need "INTELLECTUALS" smile.gif we need effective grassroot movements-steming from public outcry to well-versed, experienced, "patriotic," peace-loving individuals. Yes its hard to attain such effectual results, but its even dreadful to propagating policies (ranging from clannish geared legacies to western ideologies) and sharia where majority of your “immediate†(Somalis-weyn) public are not aware or familiar with :confused: . Let a nomad be a pastoralist, not a cooperate/large-scale farmer (he won’t recognize the distinction between a tractor than a motor vehicle) :D .

Eid wanaagsan.

Blessed   

^^lol! Somalida Ilahay ha u sahlo, is all I got to say.

Xarago

Wadh hedhe aqoon yahan kulaha...wadh waxan idin idhi kuligood sulka ayey wax ku saxixaan.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Maan thats bad. Made me laugh though.

Hey what ever happned to Asha Abdullah... she was sum'thing

Rahima   

They should, but the current qabiil-warlord orientated Somali political arena does not allow them to do so.

And Somalis are best at opposing, even if the intellectuals and religious folks were to take charge, there would always be some sort of opposition- which is expected, but the problem arises when this opposition is expressed through the gun.

STOIC   

When men are measured by their previous status (wuxu ahan jirey), then how do you expect a change to occur?

Gabbal   

then how do you expect a change to occur?

No need to expect or not to expect.....when the change occurs, I'm pretty sure people's opinion of the person will change.

...thats is if change occurs. :D

BN   

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

^^Ahem and who else in and among the 275 Members of the Parliament?

And what parliament in this world is full of so called 'intellectuals'? This current assembly is made of politicians(previous, current and hopefuls), business people, women, civil society, and yes former warlords. The fact is that the government will be led by an educated individual, with clean hands, and no political baggage. This parliament is transitory; it is meant to unite the different factions/groups in the hope that our nation may move forward. It is far from perfect but it is, in my view, inclusive of all major political groups who have a stake in Somalia.

President: A. Yusuf-Faction Leader

Prime Minister: Dr. Geedi--Intellectual/Civil Society

Parliament Speaker: S. Xassan--Business person

Deputy Speaker: Prof. Dalxa--Intellectual/Politician

STOIC   

I have a question for the nomads,may be this proofs that i am short in the Somali politics, why was the new government elected for five or four years.Don't you think interim government suppose to be in power for only 2 or 3 years.

Aqoonyans should have been the right choices but if you look at somali for a moment especially in muqdisho Warlords rule different parts of the city and each of these warlords have a loyal followars of their subclans so in another words they have the powers. let them build a government for us and afterwards aqoonyahans will step into the plate just like the new prime minister, a warlord has steped down and give his postion, i hope this will be a great example for the rest of the warlods.

Sophist   

Intaan aqaano aniga keligeey; waxaan hubaa kuwa badan oo kale iney kujiraan.

1.Ali Jaamac Jangeli MP: BA History and Politics from Trinity College, Oxford

2. Goonle MP (Former "Vice President" of Puntland and former head of IMF in Southeren Africa), MA in Econ and from Keble College, Oxford

3. Deeqo CuluJoog PhD in sociology-- one of the first African Women to have gained such a degree-- waa sida ey noo sheegeen eh.

------------

Aqoonyahanadu qofna iney kasugaan dib udhiska Soomaliya ma aha. Ninka and Naagta caqliga usaaxiibka ah, waa inuu/iney la tafaacushaa xaalada Soomaliya kataagan oo aaney ku dhegnaanin some high ideals they have read from "the great" books.

Qaran dib udhiskiis ayaa inoo yaala, marka ninkii aqoon isku tuhmaya dhaliisha biyo col dhaanshay-da ah hajoojiyo oo haka qeyb qaato this noble task that is awaiting us all, hadii kale catowka bilaashka ha joojiyo. Tuugadan tirada badan ee doofaarey isugu timi waan in laga dhiciyaa umada. Marka haatan ninkii wax is bidayoow wadankaagii waa uu kusugayaa.

Wasalaamu Alaikum.

BN   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Hey what ever happned to Asha Abdullah...she was sum'thing

I believe she received two votes in the first round of voting on Oct 10th and was forced to bow out. But I'm confident, as a prominant woman, she will receive a cabinet position. This is an excerpt from a recent interview with the prime minister.

"His government will be gender-sensitive and he appreciates the role played by Somali women in business activities, which have enhanced the economic recovery in family units.

'I will appoint women to the Cabinet. We will politically, socially and economically integrate women in our government,' the PM asserted emphatically."

http://www.eastandard.net/hm_news/news.php?articleid=5698