Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Must-watch video for our resident dhabodhilifs.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

You poor baby@Abuu geelka, did I touch a nerve or what?

Listen, I don't want to take anything away from anyone who teaches the children, whether it may be religion, history, geography,social studies, afka kacaanka, as long as someone is teaching them.

What I will not stand for is killing our volunteers, regardless of personal beliefs.. Our volunteers are helping these children by teaching them, the same way your wadaado spend 17 yrs doing the same thing, but do you see anyone killing your wadaado for making a 7 yr old turn radical? Why should they take the life of an innocent man and a woman of somali origin?

Because they said so? What would you have said if the same kabaabs you are defending were to be slaughtered to death for making children fight their wars?

As far as you are concerned, your wadaado can't do no wrong@abu geelka.

What did the lady of the somali origin do to the wadaado, except take time out of her life(she has one just like u and I have a life) and instead put her life at risk by going back home so she can do the work you or I are not doing.

How dare they kill someone who is there to help?

Soon, the aid workers will be next in line, because they will probably be accused of feeding bacon to the masaakiinta, then next and next.

You want us to sit around and dance for them each time they take a life and when amxaaro fights back, you want us to condemn them?

What, tell me, what do you propose we do?

Incase you dont have a proposal @brother abuu geelka, I have one for you.

The solution is for somalida is to make no demand, other than to invite the world, anyone who is willing to help, to come and intervene.

We need to be watched at all times, because the one time we said we would get along if only we get rid of certain someone, it failed, we didnt get along and 18 yrs later, we are saying lets get rid of the axmaaro and we will talk again.

Do you actually believe anyone buys that? Amxaaro out and lets sit down?

More excuse for more bloodshed, so I say, let the amxaaro or any foreign army who wants to come, come, period, end of story.

Somalida will get along only marka madaxa looga istaago, ala siyaad barre style.

PS:Anyone who sees what I am saying as absurdity is a damn fool.

No, my sister, you didn't touch a nerve. In fact, there is a better room for a discussion since you seemed to have made your reservations clear,rather than making some digs at the Sheikh's interpretation of history!

However, you still make many mis-readings and wrong interpretations with regards to the Somali Conflict, as well as what the Sheikhs said and also regarding my own position( Abu Geeljire).

You seem to have thought that this video and myself are calling for a blind following of IslamiCourts Union and Alshabaab: that couldn't be further from the case.

I was one of the first persons( before aid workers were killed in Beled-Weyne) that posted lectures and debates critiquing the Alshabaab bombing of Bosaso and their methodology of establishing Shariah law in Somalia. I don't agree with the manner that they are establishing Shariah law and some of their operations, as well as their greater interpretations of Islamic Conduct. One also acknowledges the Islamic Courts have some very bad apples: they are no angels, and no one pretend the case is such! Thus, the mantra of blind support to Alshabaab or any other group is not based on evidence!

The Sheikh( which you rudely switched off :D ) in the video made the point clear:

it's not for everyone to say "Jihad" and "Bhud Qaado". He also made it clear that any actions contrary to the Islamic actions of war shouldn't be undertaken. Moreover, all actions including resistance should be waged in a manner of wisdom, unity and Islamic Consensus.

Is that the case?

Obviosly not, this is Somalia, man! You have young Shabaabs, some of them whom have only known violence for seventeen years. You have people indoctrinated by the likes of Adan Ceyrow. Put that together with 18 years of war and you have all kinds of assasins and unstable people! Nevertheless, it is unfair that you should paint the wadaado as somehow supporting "killing" aid workers. Sheikh Shariff has even been in recent discussions with aid workers on how to have a greater understanding with regards to helping the Somali people.

Another Example, aid agencies recently returned to a Somali Town after they left due to violence and intimidation.

Why did they return?

Because the Islamic Courts Union took over that town and thus made it safter for aid workers to operate. The "wadaado" are also clamping down on moryaans and checkpoints in Souther SOmalia. How can compare them( despite their flaws) to the Xabashi Looters?

Even if there are people that condone violence against civilians, aid workers, etc, it should be made clear:

the actions of Alshabaab, I.C.U or another group should not be tainted as actions of Wadaado or Islam itself. The Wadaado in the video are Ulema and are not part and parcel of any political group. The term Wadaado is broad and shouldn't be used to only denote Alshabaab or the Islamic Courts Union. They are simply articulating their thoughts( from an Islamic Perspective) with regards to the Ethiopian occupation. Their points are simpl and clear,as Baashi has already pointed out!

1. Ethiopia is not the cause of our problems or a finger pointing excuse for our shambles!

2. Our problems stem from the deep-rooted tribalism and reliance on tribal organization over Islamic and Political System. Ethiopia( and some of other nations) use this is an opportunist who took advantage of this system. Moreover, even those supporting Xabashis will not gain any benefit!

3. The solution to this to fear Allah, remove tribalism(and hatred) from our hearts and work together to remove the painful conditions that exist in our country.

4. The aforementioned problems( largely created by ourselves) have culiminated in Ethiopia using this as an opporunity to occupy Southern Somalia, which is totally against our religoon, human culture and/ or peoples dingity! They say the removal of Ethiopia interference and the other problems can not be done by Alshabaab or Islamic Courts Union,rather by a united Jamat including Ulema, Intellectuals, Women and young men! This doesn't translate into meaning that the once Ethiopians leave everything will be caano geel and honey! It simply means Muslims( including mad Somalis) can't be occupied or controlled( as Allah swt has forbidden)!

Of course this all depends on one percieved truth:

that Ethiopia( or Xabashis) are indeed bringing no good to Somalis/other Muslims people in Horn-Africa.

Some would say, no, Xabashis are our good African Brothers and thus came to help poor Somalis! Let them bring their evidence and not waffle about what type of clothes the Sheikhs are wearing or Alshabaab( which is ultimately one small grouping).

If some people don't care about Xabashi presence or see it as insignificant: again, let them bring their evidence and not waffle about the Somalis killing each other for the last 18 years( something which is apparent to all!

Emperor   

The two Sheikhs I know, Sheikh Mustaf and Mohamed Idiris spoke wisely in this clip, the other two were a bit harry and lousy making less real arguments, specially the last one who used the example of the Somali diaspora's demonstration against occupation as a whos of Unity for the Somali populace... Perhaps that Sheik doesn't see the number of Somali diaspora that welcome TFG leaders in the west...

money   

I think you guys are getting it wrong. Abyssinian rule was limited to Axum and the Abyssinian empire is dominated by two minority groups: The Amharas and the Tigres. The king who gave asylum to the first Muslim immigrants was king Negus, who doesn't belong to any of these minority ethnic groups at all and as history narrates, later converted to Islam. Abyssinia with the help of the Orthodox church and the Christendom world went into an expansionist mission to conquer and proselytize different groups including the Oromo, our own ancestral brothers/cousins, who in fact make up the largest ethnic group in current nation of Ethiopia. Anyone who wants to know and read about this needs to refer to Prof. Dr. Muhammad Shamsaddin Megalommatis many articles of Abyssinian expansionist history and its persecution of many ethnic groups in the Horn of Africa. You can also google it or use Wikepedia as a start.

For the lecture, this was a very constructive and inspirational in a way. These religious scholars - including my favorite Somali preacher who I consider to be the most eloquent Somali speaker I ever come across - Sheikh Mustafa Harun, are calling us to unite and be more patriotic. They shun tribalism and are challenging us to wake up from this clan hibernation that corrupted and poisoned our psyche and soul - that itself is admirable. There is no real Somali that is shocked or not in pain right now. Most of us are busy with soul searching exercise to re-evaluate our thinking and pre-conceived biases towards other Somalis and regions. Some found the cure and some are in the healing process and others are still lost in the warlord dominated politics of clans and factions.

The Tigre minority regime can't sustain the occupation and they won't be ruling Ethiopia forever. Bush won't be in the White House too after 2008. So what will happen next is the question?

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

so long as all of you do not understand that this has nothing to do with Abyssinia or ethiopia but with Somalis, we are all doomed!

Well LMFAO ... the Waxar from Nugaal is telling us "this got nothing to do with Axmaaro", just too doggone precious and definitely too doggone funny!

You got any 'precious' ideas on how to get us out of this mess, then? Maybe you've got a hotline to Uncle and he has some sort of miracle 'exit' plan you could pass on to those of us who think it's necessary to get the filthy Axmaaro out first, to achieve unity and peaceful coexistence?

Khalaf   

I can't believe no one found "we need to watched at all times" funny, hailrious.

ps: Good video...although the spoken somali was a bit difficult for me. May Allah help all the innocents and unite the hearts of the Muslims. Ameen.

Originally posted by Nephthys:

quote:Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

so long as all of you do not understand that this has nothing to do with Abyssinia or ethiopia but with Somalis, we are all doomed!

Well LMFAO ... the Waxar from Nugaal is telling us "this got nothing to do with Axmaaro", just too doggone precious and definitely too doggone funny!

You got any 'precious' ideas on how to get us out of this mess, then? Maybe you've got a hotline to
Uncle
and he has some sort of miracle 'exit' plan you could pass on to those of us who think it's necessary to get the filthy Axmaaro out first, to achieve unity and peaceful coexistence?
hey hey hey Nyphy, lets not get into the business of name calling, i don't even know you to be calling you names. Amxaaro this, amxaaro that, you get them out and where does it leave you, honestly? sparos, crazy warlords, even more crazy "wadaads" or retarded religious courts who think they are a government and think the salution the country's problems includes public floggings, amputations, throwing grenades at theaters and regulating women's every move, Criminals who find more value in the bullet a dollar buys then the dollar, scavengers who sell everything from underground wires, trees, dumping areas in the coast, metals from factories or statues, and a population whose standard of living is ranked the very bottom by every measuring stick of human well being. Can we really blame this on those poor formers who don't even rule ethiopia and are reduced to forming? My solution is: Support any steps toward restoring the Somali state, its democratic institutions, peace and dowladnimo. Believe me, bunch of crazy surwaalgaabs will do nothing about all that ills that poor country and foolishly chanting a red herring (Xabashas, ethios, amxaroos) will get us no where. So cool it young lady, we get, you have a thing for those fake, hennaed surwaalgaabs.

^ if I hadn't seen some of his comments in somali .. i would've strongly believed Naxar and Koore waa nationalist and patriotic xabashi .... maybe they still are oo af-soomaliga kaliya ay barteen who knows ?

Jamster   

Good to see my old sheekh Abyad (the first guy) so eloquent; still looks boyish!.

Now back to the topic; this is one of the most honest somali discussions I have seen for a long time. I think Mustafe and Abyad hit the nail on the head.

Good on the IT boys.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

So cool it young lady, we get, you have a thing for those fake, hennaed surwaalgaabs. [/QB]

ehehe, damn right! I want me one of those manly men, red hot blooded surwaalgaabs, yo!