Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

Giving Birth- Is He In OR Out???

Qac Qaac   

silent sistah i'll be there 4 sure.. waliba torobiino aan soo qaadan lahaa. boobaro was right... alle ubahnee, maxaa waaye assumbtion kaaga damn loooool.

so the answer is yes... i don't trust those doctors... Can they have Muslim women as a doctors.. that would relax my heart... so silent sistah what was ur point...

Lesson No 1: they come out head first.

They do not crawl out, use their arms to hoist themselves out or come sliding down like u would on slides in water parks.

Rahima   

Probably in.

As for the Islamic stance on this, the general rule is that except for issues of cibaada, all is xalaal unless specified otherwise.

Therefore, as far as I’m aware it is allowed for a husband to be their with his wife during birth.

I mean was he not there when the baby was being made?

As for any cawra issues, a husband and wife do not have to cover from each other at all, so that becomes irrelevant.

Qacbaro......aah, well - and here i was thinking u was typical somali....scared of the blood...

lol...sheherazade....well said...

p.s - qacbaro....dont try and pull anything out,,,,u might pull on the wrong bit!

Senora   

Sorry i didnt get to your responses earlier

Alle-....

Well, seems you didnt comprehend, so here's another shot at it....

I was addressing the "mere-values" comment you made. What i got from that was, you didnt find the prescence of the father( in the labor room) valuable. Maybe in your perspective, but thats not how I ( or many of the other women in here) see it.

Shoobaro,

Just some advice, not every person that addresses situations dealing with "male absentees" has dealt with the lacking of a father figure. And no, my father was there for my birth.

Qac Qaac   

p.s - qacbaro....dont try and pull anything out,,,,u might pull on the wrong bit!

silent sistah waa maxay typical somali...

never judge book by it is cover ma maqashay hadda ka hor.. igaar yahay.

ani pulling ka waan ka xishoodaa!!! ceeb waaye taas

Originally posted by Qacbaro:

quote:

ani pulling ka waan ka xishoodaa!!! ceeb waaye taas
Qacbaro,,,, Pulling ka waad ka xishootaa ?? looooooooooooooool i can see u like PUSHING only :D:D:D

Princess Sexy,

Walaal, I understand your point, and there is nothing of misunderstandings whatsoever to my side with the issue at hand. I think am greatly advocating the total adherance to our beautiful Somali culture, and you (and of course, the people that are in line with you, in terms of the view points you incline to) are simply pushing for changes to qualize our sociaty to that of the western values.

Abaayo/Aboowe, can you tell me where in the history of Somali people we've seen a man in the presence of his wife's delivery. I think that is only accuring now, and we need to fight against that happining in our sociaty. Don't misunderstand me here. If circumstance dictates and need comes, then its Ok. I've no problem helping my wife. But for the mere imitation of western culture, I think that is when am obliged to preserve my culture by all means.

Rahima   

But for the mere imitation of western culture, I think that is when am obliged to preserve my culture by all means.

Brother why do you assume that it is imitating western culture.

Could be a sign of kindness, love and devotion?

That is a possibility do you not think smile.gif .

As for Somali culture, it is not the Qur’an brother smile.gif , it can be wrong and we can adopt ways which are more beneficial.

Not to mention I believe it is a privilege for a man to experience the whole thing with his wife, it might make him more appreciative and create in him a sense of more respect and love for his wife.

Senora   

^^Thanks^^....

doesn't it just seem like a lost cause sometimes??....everytime!...it never fails....same old thing....can someone fix these broken records!?

Qac Qaac   

Rahima and alle ubahane xattaa is la murmaya what is this place coming to...

Raxima u r right... but abaydiis waa wax loogu yimid western world he is right... al though i agree with u, somali culture is not quran and sunnah. even though it is 100x better than any western culture..

if i wasn't worried about the doctor doing something bad, or forgetting to leave his forks in my wife..i wouldn't even put my foot in the hospital...