Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Al-Shabaab in the Driver Seat-Hizbul-Islam hands over the second French Hostage

Extremists 'have French hostages'

A second French hostage has been handed over to the hard-line Somali Islamist group, al-Shabab, government sources have told the BBC.

"If they are in the hands of al-Shabab it is very, very serious," said a source in the Somali presidency. The group carries out public executions.

The first man was reportedly given to al-Shabab on Thursday.

The two security advisers, who were training government troops, were seized from a Mogadishu hotel on Tuesday.

BBC East Africa correspondent Will Ross says that, unlike other insurgent groups in Somalia, al-Shabab is unlikely to be holding the men for ransom.

bbc

I will be very surprised if they will kill these men. Al-Shabaab's leaders despite the rethoric are pragmatic.They knew these men are useful alive.I expect Al-Shabaab to hold on these hostages for long time, but I doubt they will execute them.

These men are bargaining chips and tool for propaganda, disposing of them won't be useful to Al-Shabaab.

Che, you don't even know what the group you are supporting are all about, what a shame. :D What propaganda are you talking about? Beheading people and taping them in videos is their PR. This will be a great deal for them, they will show them on youtube videos and brag about how they have captured "infidels" that were training the "murtad" government and how they have given them a justice. Just sit back and watch.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^AS waa ciyaal faa cali hubeysan
:D

this is a war, and it wouldn't surprise me if they behead him

If they do it would a mistake. The French don't care for borders/mandates/law when they are angry.

Che, are saying they are after recognition by the west? If you think so, you are in a state of illusion. AS is after unattainable goal, that is to enact an Islamic republic in East Africa, a republic that has no boundaries and is always on the expansion track.

Tell me otherwise!

Originally posted by Torres:

quote:Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^AS waa ciyaal faa cali hubeysan
:D

this is a war, and it wouldn't surprise me if they behead him

If they do it would a mistake. The French don't care for borders/mandates/law when they are angry.
There is nothing that will make AS happy, but to see an angry French men on Somali soul. To them having foreign troops in Somalia will be hallelujah!

Goodir   

CChe -Guevara Wrote:

I expect Al-Shabaab to hold on these hostages for long time, but I doubt they will execute them.

How do you know that? Your leader Godane maad kuu soo sheegay?