Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Somali President Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed - TIME Interview

NGONGE   

^^I do not have an alternative (such a silly question). I criticise what deserves to be criticised, saaxib. Like I said a million times before, I am being nice when I call him naive and amateurish. Others would call him a hypocrite, a liar, an opportunist and a dozen other disparaging titles. They will have a convincing argument for all these accusations too. But I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt and blame all his mistakes on him being naive. A country like Somalia (today) does not need such a president.

Juje   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

As naive and amateurish as ever! Somalia will never get better with this guy in charge.

I hope that is is sarcasm rather than true analogy. Is he an amateur , yes, but certainly not naive. Having said that I think we have seen what the professionals are capable of when they were in the helm as was evident over the last 19 years and much of before then.

Can Somalia get better under him Allahuyaclam but is he sincere and devoted to making it better, a big yes.

Ngonge sxb in the current situation nothing looks good as made clear by the Hon President but he is adamant to make it better . He will reconcile where it is due, be firm and strong where it is due. Build country block by block as situation and opputunity arises however long it may take but will never cede nor quiver at the bleak prospect facing him.

Ngonge , this President is wholly unknown beyond his circle untill few years ago and thus may fall under the category of being 'naive' in the assumptions of many - but trust me in the couple of years and for history he will leave a mark that will be remembered for centuries to come and much revered.

For those who have difficulty in differentiating amid the TIME and THE TIMES

time-logo.png

London-Times-781747.gif

Juje   

Originally posted by Emperor:

What did he say in this interveiw that makes people go Wooow....

What makes you go ..wooow!?

MALIKA:

Duke,if you were a newbie,I would have taken you serious but just few months ago you were adamant in support of a government that came rolling into power behind Ethiopian tanks was the solution for Somalia..-

Adeer: you just validated the point of all the “cynics” all those who criticize the Sharif. The Ethiopian, AMISOM support was as we told you vital to help restore order, train and equip a new national army. Who opposed it dear, who called a Jihad which led to the deaths of thousands and then conveniently fled to Asmara?

The Sharif of today is hiding behind AMISOM, tanks he only controls areas where the hard wear that you opposed yesterday are positioned. Thus who is confused, deluded and out of their depth your Sharif Ahmed who has the blood of thousands of youngsters who died and continue to die for his ********* or Duke who’s advice of Yesterday your Sharif and its government are taking today?

PS: The Ethiopians are also now supporting your Sharif, what has changed ya Noble one? :D

NGONGE   

Juje,

I explained why I chose to call him naive. His past choices and actions show him to be that, saaxib (if not what I wrote above about being an opportunist, liar, etc).

People may accuse Duke and Emperor of being bitter about their uncle but the points they keep on raising there are all true. The man opposed foreign intervention yet now is calling for it. The man made disparaging comments about the USA and now says he wants to work with it. Do you notice a pattern?

When people put the blame for the death and destruction that has taken place in Somalia firmly at his feet, I find it hard to argue back. Why fight Abdullahi Yusuf and alley yourself with Sh. Aweys only to turn back later and do almost everything that Abdullahi Yusuf did? Is he a lair or is he naïve? Is he an amateur or is he a man that would do anything to gain power?

These are genuine questions, saaxib. His previous words, pictures carrying machine guns and former declared positions are all there for anyone that wants to go a couple of years back to read and double-check! So why do you view him as some great man that is misunderstood? What gives you that idea? Why are you not viewing him with caution at least (if not total abhorrence)?

All his current words and postures now make me think that the Isbaheysiga dib u xoreynta Soomaaliya was not to liberate the land from forigeners and Ethiopians but from Abdullahi Yusuf and his clan. :D

Naga daaya dee...

Emperor, incase you didn't get a chance to read the transcript, what Sharif highlighted was his motivation, his drive and his promise to lift the government and bring up stability in the country, starting with the capital.

With that said, he spoke of ways to tackling piracy, he mentioned that he will organize local groups to reject the thiefs in their areas and he spoke about the appointment of the head of the navy.

He spoke of the need for the international community to provide all logistics.

He discussed Aweys and his ambition that has nothing to do with Somalia.

He did mention Aweys drive, which was always to oust Ethiopia and nothing more or less but now continuous to support the status quo for however long it takes, prolonging the war etc.

He was eloquent, Sharif that is in articulating his position and his vision for Somalia. He is hopeful and determined, no one can stop Sharif, not even the naysayers.

Emperor   

Juje Abti my point is, there was nothing fanciful in this interveiw that your man said, however even if he did, this man is the greatest lier and deceitful Somali so called polician ever, his words mean nothing especially when he made a habit of using the beautiful religion of Al-Islam as his debit card to push his agenda, he become persona non grata...

Haatu   

Give the guy a break. It's only been six months. Give him until the end of the year then decide if he is naive, unexperienced and so on.

osman_nz   

Ngone what is even more hilarious is the fact of how sharif sold somalia sea..can u imagine if abdullahi yusuf did that and the huge protests? But sharif does it and they turn a blind eye.

I doubt sharif can win the support of shabab, he was elected for one purpose only..parliament thought his clan being the majority of hamar that would put him in better position then abdullahi.

As we see unfold that pretense has proven to be untrue, i really do believe the best and lasting solution is to move the capital to baydhabo. A more settled area then hamar...population who want's governance..and having all somalia unite except the usc element...and building the nation..

I believe that is more of an effective outcome then wasting another 10 years trying to calm hamar down. I think it's really time to change capitals..it won't happen under sharif but if sharif doesn't win this against shabab..the next president will definitely have to use that policy to win votes in the parliament who by then will be sick and tired of hamar and want to see someone come in with a realistic policy rather then a fantasy that won't work.

d

dawladnimo lagu ma qasbi karo hamar, marka waxaa noo roon inta dawladnimo rabto inay is-racan oo wadankood dhistan and the usc element can be treated like tamil tigers...u see sri lanka they have insurgency issue but that doesn't mean they neglect the good parts of sri lanka for a few bad apples in the south of their country.

maybe that's the option somalia should take to see everlasting peace in 80% of somalia..or waste 10 more years and see no results

so its decision of either choosing 80% peaceful somalia..or choosing 0% peaceful..and the next president better have this policy so he can stand out as real change in the political game..

Sadexdii durbaan la tumayey baa la waayey.. 1.

1.Foreigners baa soo socda maantana waa iyagii baa hoos kaga jira.

2. Abdullahi aarsasho 1991 wixii ka dhacey Muqdishu buu uu jooga. Shariifna kama duwana wuxuu ku Abdulaahi ku dhaqaaqi jirey.

3.Dowlad gaalo soo dhistey weeyan hadana Sharrif baa madax ka ah.

What kind ignorance makes blind to that nothing has changed besides that a new president of a different clan is in office.

Thousands had to die for it and now sheikh hotel cant even perform the magic he promised his supporters..

^^ the only gaalo around here is you WACDARO.

Unless you are more of a muslim than the 500 lawmakers in Sharif's government.

I think aqritaankaaga aad ku liidataa@wacdaro, ee why dont you take your silly comments somewhere else and instead take the time to brush up on your coffee shop talking points for odayaasha caawa over shaah and khat.

All his current words and postures now make me think that the Isbaheysiga dib u xoreynta Soomaaliya was not to liberate the land from forigeners and Ethiopians but from Abdullahi Yusuf and his clan

says the sol cyber lord?

Ma adiga uu Aweys mentor kuu ahaa mase Sharif Sheikh Ahmed?

ARe you telling me that you know Aweys more than Sharif knows of his former mentor?

Stick to only facts ya ngonge.

NGONGE   

^^ These are facts, my darling. That last comment was a joke (as the big SMILEY face would indicate). icon_razz.gif

Any defence?