Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Somaliland detains Belgian immigration officials

Somaliland nabs Belgian officials

The authorities in the breakaway region of Somaliland say they have detained three Belgian immigration officials in the capital, Hargeisa.

The three arrived on a flight from Ethiopia with a man they had deported from Belgium, Somaliland's Aviation Minister Ali Warran Ade told the BBC.

He said they did not have visas to enter Somaliland or the prior consent necessary to deliver a deportee there.

The minister said they were being held in a hotel pending investigations.

Mr Ade said the deportee had been sent back to Ethiopia on the flight on which he had arrived.

Somaliland declared independence from Somalia after the overthrow of dictator Siad Barre in 1991.

Somaliland's self-declared government is not recognised by any other state, although it is credited with bringing peace and a degree of development to the territory, amid chaos in the rest of Somalia.

Belgium.jpg

Belgian police cleared to leave Somaliland

Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:47 PM GMT

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Three Belgian policemen detained in Somaliland after accompanying a deported man have been cleared to return home, Belgian police said on Wednesday.

A police spokesman said the three officers were given their passports and plane tickets back on Wednesday afternoon.

"The three members of the Belgian police were freed an hour ago," the spokesman said, adding that they would fly to Addis Ababa on Thursday and then take a plane back to Belgium.

Conflicting reasons were given for the arrest of the three, who had their passports and plane tickets confiscated and were being held at a hotel.

A Somaliland minister said they lacked entry visas and were being held at Hargeisa's upmarket Ambassador Hotel in what he called a "humanitarian gesture".

Belgian police had said they were being held due to an administrative problem.

Somaliland, which is not recognised internationally, broke away from the rest of Somalia in 1991 after dictator Mohamed Siad Barre was ousted by a clan militia.

1277Tarxiil.jpg

'Maanaan Ogayn in Somaliya kala Go'day, Sidaas ayaanu ku Keentay Hargeysa'

Wareysi khaas ah oo Jamhuuriya la yeelatay Saraakiisha Belgium-ka ah ee xidhan

Hargeysa (Jam)- Xukuumadda Somaliland ayaa xidhay saddex sarkaal oo u dhashay dalka Belgium, kadib markii gacanta lagu dhigay 1:00 duhurnimo ee shalay, iyaga oo Madaarka Hargeysa si qarsoodi ah ku soo gelinaya nin mastaafuris ah oo u dhashay Soomaaliya.

Wasiirka Wasaaradda Duulista Hawada iyo Gaadiidka Cirka Somaliland, Md. Cali Maxamed Warancadde, oo xaqiijiyey xadhigga saddexda nin ee reer Belgium, ayaa qabashadooda ku sababeeyey in ay ku xad-gudbeen sharciga socdaalka ee dalka, "Maadaama," ayuu yidhi; "ay si fasax la'aan ah dalka ku soo geliyeen qaxooti, isla markaana ay iska dhego-tireen digniinno hore loogu siiyey in aanay cid keenin."

"Markaa haddii ay intaa ku dayn waayeen, waxaanu tusaynaa in aanu ciqaabi karno, iyagana dhibaato uga iman karto," ayuu yidhi Md. Warrancadde. Wasiirku waxa uu caddeeyey in ay dib ugu celiyeen ninka Soomaaliga ah oo magaciisa lagu sheegay Cali Xasan Cabdi, halkii uu markii hore ka yimi, iyada oo ay qaadday diyaaraddii keentay oo laga leeyahay dalka Itoobiya. Sida oo kale, Wasiirka oo la weydiiyey sababta ay u haystaan saraakiisha reer Belgium, mar haddii ay celiyeen ninkii la isku haystay iyo diyaaraddii siddayba, waxa uu tilmaamay in saddexda nin ku xidhan yihiin qol ka mid ah hoteelka Ambassador. "Waxaanu dareensiinaynaa in aanu dawlad nahay," ayuu yidhi Md. Warancadde.

Hawlwadeenno ka tirsan Jamhuuriya

oo tegay Madaarka Hargeysa, ayey u suurtogashay in ay la kulmaan saddexda sarkaal oo xilligaa ku sugnaa huteelka lagu xidhay ee Ambassador, isla markaana waxay su'aalo ka weydiiyeen dhacdadan.

Saddexda sarkaal oo magacyadoodu kala yihiin; VANDE ZANDE FRANCOIS, WOYTS KRIS iyo GRYSOW PAUL, oo sheegay in ay yihiin saraakiil ka tirsan hay'adda amniga u qaabilsan dawladda federaalka Belgium, waxa ay xuseen in aanu wax dembi ah gelin ninka ay wadeen, hase yeeshee, loo haysto been-abuur uu sameeyey, "Isaga oo," ayey yidhaahdeen; "dalkayaga ku soo galay baasaaboor foojari ah, sidaa darteedna lagu qabtay Madaarka Belgium, lana xidhay."

Saraakiishu waxay sheegeen in ay amarka mastaafurinta ninka Soomaaliga una dhashay degaanka Muqdisho oo ka soo baxay Wasaaradda Arrimaha Gudaha Belgium, uu ku-talogalkiisu ahaa in lagu celiyo magaalada Xamar. Balse, markii ay Addis Ababa yimaaddeen in ay waayeen diyaarad Muqdisho tegaysa.

" Maanaan ogayn in Soomaaliya kala go'day, cidina nooma sheegin. Sidaa darteed, ayaanu is-nidhi Hargeysa ayaa idiin fudud. Waxa kale oo jirtay codsi uu ninka mastaafurka ahi soo jeediyey, kaas oo ahaa haddii Hargeysa la geeyo in uu markaa sid fudud Muqdisho u tegi karayo ." Weedhahani waxay ka mid ahaayeen jawaabo ay bixiyeen saraakiisha la qabqabtay. "Xidhiidh labada dal ka dhexeeya oo arrinta khuseeyaa ma jirin. Sidaa awgeed, waxaanu jawaab ka sugaynaa dalkayagii oo aanu qaylo diranay," ayey yidhaahdeen.

Ugu dambayn, waxay sheegeen in haddii Somaliland ku adkaysato go'aankeedan oo u diido dalkooda, in markaa dib loogu celinayo waddanka Belgium.

Hawshan tahriibinta ah oo aan ciddina ka war-hayn, balse lagu baraarugay, kadib markii diyaarad yari ay si kedis ah u soo cago-dhigatay Madaarka Hargeysa, iyada oo isku dayday in ay tuurto ninka Soomaaliga ah, kabacdina ay deg-deg u duusho. Hase yeeshee, waxa markiiba u diyaargaroobay shaqaalaha duulista hawada, iyaga oo ciidamada ammaanka madaarka qaabilsanna ku wargeliyey in aanay hayn warka diyaaraddan, fasaxna aanay weydiisan hay'adda iyo xukuumadda Somaliland midkoodna.

Wasiirka Duulista Hawada, Md. Cali Maxamed Warancadde, oo waqtigaa ku sugnaa Madaarka, halkaas oo uu kula shirayey shaqaalaha wasaaradda oo ay hoostagaan madaaradu, waxa uu isla markiiba wasiirku amar ku bixiyey in la qabto diyaaradda iyo cidda la socotaba, sidaasna waxa lagu kashifay tahriibka sharci-darrada ah oo dalka lagu soo gelinayey ninka qaxootiga ah ee aan dembiga lahayn.

Ma aha markii ugu horreysay ee fal noocan oo kale ah ka dhaco Madaarka caasimadda, balse waxa jiray isku-dayo hore oo waddamada Yurubta Galbeed qaarkood ku doonayeen in ay Somaliland ku soo daadiyaan qaxootiga Soomaali ah ee dembiyada ka galay waddamadooda iyo weliba dadka guuldarraysta qaadashada aqoonsiga qaxootinimo ee reer galbeedku bixiyaan.

Belgium Appologizes for Attempt to Ditch Deportee

Hargeisa (The Rep) – "The Belgian Embassy in Addis Ababa officially apologized the attempt of three Belgium Security men, to ditch a deported Somali – from Mogadishu area – on Tuesday at Egal International Airport in Hargeisa. The Embassy in an official letter to the Republic of Somaliland promised that such an action will not be repeated," this was stated by the Deputy Commander of the Immigration Department.

Mr. Mohamed Osman Noor added, "The apology, a condition attached to the release of the security men, was handed to Somaliland representative in Addis Ababa on Tuesday evening".

The 3 Belgian Security men were released on Thursday and left for Addis Ababa, on the same day.

Mr. Francois Vandes Zande, one of the 3 security men told the media that they were treated well and were allowed to contact their families.

In previous such incidents security men

from West European countries, who accompanied deportees, were put back in the plane that brought them to Hargeisa with the deportee.

According to highly reliable sources, the case of the 3 Belgium Security men differed, because the TFG is said to have told the Belgium Embassy that Hargeisa is under its jurisdiction. The demand for official apology was the manifest that Somaliland is a separate state.

Minister of Civil Aviation and Air Transport, Mr. Ali Mohamed Warran-adde told the media, if the deportee that was to be illegally ditched was a Somalilander, that he would have been treated in the same way.

The security men who were held in a room at Ambassador Hotel told the media that they were not aware that Somaliland and Somalia were 2 different countries.

This is not the first time that Ethiopian Airlines to bring deportees that were to be ditched in Somaliland.

RedSea   

After this I am sure they won't try to dumb deportees again without following the proper procedure and respecting the laws of the region. The intentions that were meant to be accomplished are accomplished whatever they might have been.

thanks for the post Prince.

N.O.R.F   

^^What if the kid went back with his parents who happen to forget him there? Much ado about nothing saxib. The security dept needed some good PR.

I believe all those folks in western jails waiting for deportations would be more contented with being deported to their motherland. But there is a general understanding among Somalis (Somaliland, Puntland, Mogadishu or wherever) that if a Somali deportee is brought to the country against his/her will, the deporters ought to face the wrath of the local goverment. Way u baranayaan inay Somalida oo dhan soo ceshaan hadii kale.

Castro   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

"The security men who were held in a room at Ambassador Hotel told the media that they were not aware that Somaliland and Somalia were 2 different countries."

Rubbish. They went there knowing precisely the geopolitical situation.

So what is the official line of the Somaliland government for "arresting" these security men? That they lacked the proper paperwork to enter the country or that the alleged deportee was not, I repeat not, a "native" Somalilander? :D

P.S. So if I show my face in Hargeisa without a visa, will I be arrested as well and "jailed" at the Ambassador hotel?

Xargaga   

P.S. So if I show my face in Hargeisa without a visa, will I be arrested as well and "jailed" at the Ambassador hotel?

:D:D That was hilarious indeed I also read somewhere that the blgians were taken around the city for tour. That was a good vacation for some cops from, belgian a stay at ambasador hotel and a trip around the city. What would that mean a PR Such from the west or What?

RedSea   

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^What if the kid went back with his parents who happen to forget him there? Much ado about nothing saxib. The security dept needed some good PR.

That is totally different case and irrelvant at the moment.

Rokko   

Riyaale is lying to the people my boyz. He uses the old Somali passport. Ask his family members na'mean. ;)

i just recieved SL passport.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Castro:

Don't you think you are little too old to be asking that question now, go visit Hargeysa, it's your city and don't except the nonsense that people say around that you have to be natural born citizen to go there or you have to be from "certain tribe "and what not. None of that is actually true, so you are more than welcome anytime sir, you can stay in my family's home anytime for free that is, or you can choose to spent the night at ambasador for $30/night(advertising Ambassador) little bit. ;)

Jacpher   

^He’s better off be jail at Ambassador Hotel, served hot meal and given a tour, all paid by Riyaale and SL.

If SL paid the hotel some $30 a night for the detained individuals, then who paid for the tour? Was that your tax money or the collected fees of the sea port Mr. Red?

Qudhac   

this was good move by the government, indeed these European countries cannot expect to dump somalis including those who commit serious crimes into somaliland backyard, indeed i agree 100% with the aviation minister.

lets hope their appology and promise never to do it again will be kept.