Sign in to follow this  
Lake

Can you see united Somalia invading Ethiopia to reclaim

Bokero   

Geel..

With due respect, i think you're adopting a tunnel vision approach to regional intergration... I dont know why you have bring religion into it!!! we have to accept, differences of kind.. i dont care which God ONE worships for me to do business with!! and by the way, th majority of Ethiopians are Muslim.. and 35% of Kenyans are muslim...

M

Fabregas   

This thread wasn't really about economics rather about Somalis trying to regain the lands that are under illegal occupation. Therefore, religion has a great deal to do with it. That is, the politics side of things. What crime have all those people who are been sent to the Guntanomos of Ethiopia done other then being Muslims? Why has the Western nations historically favoured Kenya and Ethiopia over Somalia? It doesn't take a genius to work out.

Paragon   

Bokero, you certainly haven't got a clue of how deeply entrenched 'geopolitical sentiments' are in the Horn of Africa, do you? Lol.

Bokero   

Why the west favors the others historically? Again Geel you’re a historical... Somalia received more Aid than any other Sub-Saharan nation during the cold war!! It was all used to by weapons or open foreign accounts!!

Let me give you an insight; the West is a tool for gain or a tool of destruction... Example.. The UIC, they could have used with PR advisor. The UIC set itself up for wrath of the West by playing into the hands of its enemies! The Sheiks somehow thought they could act and say whatever, they wanted in Globalized and post-911 world ... if the UIC focused on consolidating there area of control, called for local election, and opposed the TFG on the grounds they were warlords the ICJ need to charge, welcomed Western Media to interview victims of the warlords etc, would have rendered TFG dead!! Rather they reinforced and embraced the tag afforded to them by Ethiopia and TFG by behaving accordingly!!! UIC played their game and justified their intervention...

Geel, your preoccupation with religion and conspiracy, clouds you ability to see the bigger picture...

As for you PARAGON! You have proved yourself as proponent of the politics confrontation.. The HORN is backward preciously because you're kind of politics has been in ascendancy... the POLITICS of Hope, Peace and Development, will prevail sooner or later!!! I think you're worried and scared of Peace:: Peace has rendered man-year merchants of war redundant...

i wonder what many of you in SOL would be writing, when Peace reigns!! I suspect we would lose many brother and sisters!! Peace does do so… Its EASY to Point to an enemy and call for their destruction, is much HARDER to build and manage Peace!!!

RedSea   

'Afkuna wuu dheeryey, irbad dhuub magaliyaane'.

With these talks you guys have just managed to free somali galbeed and have succeeded in creating Africanwayne, NOT.

Have you ever heard of step by step up the ladder.

Or simple mathmatical figures which go in order. 1 2 3 4 5......and so on........

Well, succed doing the first things first.

If you are using the logic of 'shoot for the stars, if you miss, you will hit the moon' then you are misleading yourself dadow.

Paragon   

^^If Bokero knows anything about the issue of African integration, he would have known that this is the very idea of integration has cost us what is NFD and Western Somalia during the 1960s. When Kenyatta visited Mogadishu and the Somali primier welcomed him very cordially, at the same time raising the issue of the NFD, the reply we got was 'after the pan=African program was implimented'. We are still waiting- and as a result- our government's policy for Somali unification has been met with hostility in many African quaters. If anything, its that hostility that has made many African countries (for they harboured their own fears) to support Ethiopia/Kenya in their hell-bent scheme to destroy Somalia, which they did.

Now, Bokero, the idealist or shall I say, the African Utopianist, believes integration is the way forward! Ofcourse, it can be the way forward... but as the bargain goes, what is in it for me? Will I get back NFD, Western Somalia, and would I be left alone to tend to my own national affairs? Hmm? I don' think so. So what is in it for me as a Somali?

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

This thread wasn't really about economics
rather about Somalis trying to regain the lands that are under illegal occupation.
Therefore, religion has a great deal to do with it. That is, the politics side of things. What crime have all those people who are been sent to the Guntanomos of Ethiopia done other then being Muslims? Why has the Western nations historically favoured Kenya and Ethiopia over Somalia? It doesn't take a genius to work out.

Why do u think our brothers in ogedaan continue to be under occuption all though their fight is haaq and they are Muslimeen? Why in Falisteen they continue to be under occupation all though they are Muslimeeen and their fight is haaq? Why did the Sayidka and Darwish lose to the Europeans although their cause was haaq? Any answers yaa Geel?

why dont you answer his question on what crimes have those somali brothers in guantamo bay done other than to fight to liberate the country.

Why dont you ponder on the kind of hate that those who have painted them as terrorist, him and the many that have died in this way have in probability deveolped?

How will they be appeased?

Fabregas   

Quote:Geel, your preoccupation with religion and conspiracy, clouds you ability to see the bigger picture...

1. Ethiopia occupies and terrorises a large portion of Somali territory(Somali Galbeed)

2. Kenya also holds a portion of Somali inhabited land( although not as bad as Ethiopia)

3. Both of these countries have a combined defence pact against Somalia!

4. Ethiopia government was instrumental in supporting Somali warlords over the last 16 years!Also it armed many of the rebel groups that overthrew the Somali government!

5. Ethiopia currently occupies and invaded Somalia, on the pretext of fighting Islamists(a.k.a Islam)

6. Meles Zenawi(apparently) said that he would not allow Somalia to be ruled by the Quran and Shariah!

7. Hundreds of Somalis and Muslims have been sent to the Guantanomos of Ethiopia, why? because they are (terrorists( a.k.a Islamists).

8.Ethiopian regime( according to some organizations) commited what amounted to a genocide in Muqdisho.

9. Kenya has taken a huge role in combating terrorists in Somalia( a.k.a Islamsists).

10.Kenya has also closed it's borders, again reaffirming the role it's playing alongside Ethiopia in the current conflict!

11. Kenya played apart in the detention and transfering of Muslims and Somali suspects to C.I.A agents!

12.When Somalis want to build a government they go to Adiss Ababa or Nairobi!

13.All our historical military bases in Muqdisho are currently occupied by Ethiopia.

Don't you think we have done enough integrating already? My simple knowledge leads me to believe that our two neighbouring countries are frightened of a strong and nationalistic Islamic/Nationalistic Somalia neighbour in Somalia.Therefore, they have and still are attempting to place dictators, warlords and puppets who serve their interests and not the Somalia peoples. So we need a Somali solution to Somali problems. Our neighbours are playing to much of a role in running the affairs our country, whilst turning sub clan against sub clan. So we are already integrated to the extent our politicians are handpicked and bribed by Adiss and Nairobi. If they want integration let them respect our religious, sovereign and nationalistic principles.Otherwise they will be more and more people that will start to believe in these "conspiracy theories", which will only breed more violence in the horn.

Khalaf   

Ana_Juwa2 waan ku la oghay taas @ gitmo......but why don’t u and Geel here answer those questions eh?

Bokero   

MJ... It took hundreds of years for the white ppl to invent the wheel!! r u suggestion we wait for the same time to reinvent it?

There is something called the advantage of backwardness!!! Unfortunately God has blessed us with backward leaders!! and backward thoughts run through our veins with vigor!!... i say we don’t have to reinvent things we can jump from 0 to 200... see my point? or ur still climbing?

Geel.. you need to stop playing the victim card all the time its getting boring!!! We are not victim of others but designers, contractors and perpetuators of our current predicament... the sooner we get this through our heads and move to a new chapter, the better… Blaming others for your problems devoids you, the responsibility to correct it

Why do u think our brothers in ogedaan continue to be under occuption all though their fight is haaq and they are Muslimeen? Why in Falisteen they continue to be under occupation all though they are Muslimeeen and their fight is haaq? Why did the Sayidka and Darwish lose to the Europeans although their cause was haaq? Any answers yaa Geel?

Allahu Yaclam is my sincere (note sincere) answer. Its Allah who grants victory in this life or the hereafter.

Laakin in none of the above examples you've given has there been such trecherous act's of voilence perpetrated by so called leaders on their people. And thats the acid test here.

If you want to draw any meaningful comparasions perhaps you should like at similar recent conflict countries with similar societial structures as the somali people. Namely Iraq & Afganistan.

In both cases not unlike somalia a foreign power, at the cost of the civilian population has struggled and imposed a government on the people and peace remains elusive whilst death and destruction a normal daily occurence.

Fabregas   

Bokero, lol we seem to be going around circles. I will explain my stance better soon!

Khalaf, Falestin will only be liberated through the collective ummah( as prophecised by the Nabi), as was done in the past. The black flags will and must come from all over( if you know what i mean). Abdullah Azam dwelged into this strategy during the soviet war, but he was mysteriously killed(shaheed)in a car bomb in Pakistan. The return of the Bani Israel to Al Quds is also an Islamic prophecy/Biblical prophecy.Thus, occupation or fitnahs/trials doesn't mean that you are on the wrong path. Also don't forget that some our Palestine muslim brothers welcomed the Jewish immigrants to their land. It was handful of people that realised the danger, whislt some said Jews should be welcomed as "People of the book".Moreover, they had been fighting as Arabists and so on and so forth. Infact, it was common place(according to Sheikhs) for Palestinians to curse god in the every day language. The resistance was always lead by secularists such as Fatah. The Islamic movements have also materialised in the last twenty years. Hamas was strangely enough supported by Israeli at first to counter the threat of Fatah. Which mean they weren't neccesarily on the "Xaq". As one observer said, "Palestine was an Islamic struggle, then it became and Arab strugglle and then a Palestinians struggle". Even inside the secular and Islamic movements, you have layers and layers of factions and competing ideologies.

This is also the case with the Ocadenia struggle. Which was an Islamic struggle against the conquests and plunderers of Menelik, after that it became a "Somali struggle" under Siyad Bare and finally it has become a secular "Ocadeni" struggle for the indepedence and self determination of those people in that region. I don't have much time, but i hope you get the jist of wait i am saying.

Xargaga   

'Afkuna wuu dheeryey, irbad dhuub magaliyaane'.

MR Badda cas do you realy know the essence of the above line? If you know the Oral history and origin of those words, then you would know its offensive nature.