Sign in to follow this  
Lake

Can you see united Somalia invading Ethiopia to reclaim

Sayid   

What do you think, you make the call. ONLF was in the news recently big time... did you miss that? And BTW, do you really have to miss-spell the name of the region not the clan name ;) It is called Somali-West.

Fabregas   

We have some unfinished Busines from Ahmad Gran times, so we'll go all the way to Tigray region once again, inshallah......

Sayid   

There are, for now, a more interesting things going on, but still the "Somali-West-land belongs to Somalia. Whenever Somalia gets around, it will be done. For know, we know what is happenings, and has been for a while, in the mother of all -- the republic.

In the meantime, the locals are doing whatever little to immobilize the enemy. The collaborators as well.

It will be an immensely long, dangerous and extremely challenging path we need to take to see Somalia regain its full territorial sovereignty.

The somali saying 'Midka tiisa dar yeela, baa tukale ku daro' comes to mind. Before we can see even the annexation of the de facto state of 'Somaliland', the rest of Somalia needs to experience a substantial reign of peace and prosperity, and a government with popular support. Only upon this foundation can we aim to pursue the dream of one day creating 'Somaliweyn'.

RedSea   

^ Looks like someone has his priority right finally. Hecsilant.

oodu sida ay ukala korayso ayaa loo kala guraa, soomaha? smile.gif

Lake

I don't see it happening, nor would we attempt to, well at least under the current circumstances, as the brother said, extreme steps need to be taken, how to get rid of the current TFG is one of them.

Secndly, those folks in Somali galbeed need to handle their own business, since offcourse they named the whole area under one tribe, then you are on your own peeps.

There are many things for me to worry about in Somaliland. Such as making sure folks get better education, better health facilities and care. And all around good system of government which Insha Allah I hope follows the Islamic guidlines.

First things first.

Chimera   

Lost territories? Sorry not interested!

When this nightmare is over and a real patriotic government I.A arrives it should forget about this foreign policy of more land, instead it should fly in all non professional(as in non entrepreneurs) civilians(Mothers and children,elderly) from Kenya and Ethiopia and transport them in a Israeli fashion to the motherland Somalia, and educate the younger generations in multiple sectors this in turn will enabe Mother Somalia to spark a boom in Science and Technology in the future

The Somali peninsula is ~10 times the size of the korean peninsula which has ~6 or ~7 times the population of Somalia so it can handle newcomers and it's not like the two countries there from are capable of feeding them, no on the contrary there cowardly neglecting them on purpose. There are large areas all across Somalia where no soul lives but are perfectly inhabitable. Therefore ambitious city plans need to be made where Somali urban planners create beautiful yet affordable blocks of houses.

Every region needs to be given something iconic where a citizen from a different region will be able to identify it by i.e Somaliland becomes the epicenter of Soccer,Science&Technology -Puntland becomes the center of Somali Entertainment (as in Somali Music& Film aswell as something for Somali kids like a Somali disneyland(it's do-able).) - Central Somalia should become an Islamic center the way Damaaj is an Islamic center for Yemen and the South should inherit it's previous position as Somalia's Political center and not to forget Somalia's Business hub for local/ Somaliland and Puntland entrepreneurs

This government should focus on all it's potential money making rescources and exploit it in a benificial matter, hydro-Dams which were under construction but were stopped because of the instability in the 90s should be completed so our Farming sector can expand to the point Somalia is capable of feeding itself and then some.

The Fishing industry - the rich marine that comes through our waters anually needs to be tapped to it's fullest and for the oilsector the government should make deals with countries that do not set pre-conditions or seek to meddle with our Domestic affairs.

The recent deals consisting of 12 million heads of livestock worth 1/2 billion a year is a good start but the Government should explore new partners in other areas of the world so it can maximize the export of these large herds of cattle,sheep and Camel which Somalia seems to have plenty of.

It should after this build a large concrete fence around it's long Border and leave the Arab League and the African Union and look for more stronger alliances, only then can we secure a safe future for our children and their children's children, it was a brave adventure what the previous governments undertook but history makes it clear Mother Somalia and her children will always be on their own in the end

So let's turn inwards the way the Ming dynasty did in the 16th century and prosper like we have never prospered before.

Fabregas   
Originally posted by Mj. bada Cas:

[QB] ^

Secndly, those folks in Somali galbeed need to handle their own business, since offcourse they named the whole area under one tribe, then you are on your own peeps.

They didn't name it, it was the British colonialists and others who gave the name to the region. Besides your "country" is also named after the name given by the British colonialists. Also the same borders you are trying to redraw!

Quote:There are many things for me to worry about in Somaliland.

The why are so concerned about "Ethiopian Invasion" of Muqdisho?Surely you have more things to worry about in Somaliland?

Quote:Such as making sure folks get better education, better health facilities and care. And all around good system of government which Insha Allah I hope follows the Islamic guidlines.

How can you follow Islamic guidlines, when you advocate abandoning your Muslims brothers for small wordly gains?How can you follow Islamic guidlines when you advocate nationalism amongst Muslim peoples and splitting up into seperate nations?This sounds very much like how Arabs speak of Palestine.....Don't get me wrong am not against Somaliland peoples self determination etc.....But i fail to understand how one has more things to worry about than the people in Somalia Galbeed.....but constantly worry and lecture about Muqdisho.....

Sayid   

It don't matter what name is called as long as there is an effort to get it is underway. The worst of all are those who call it "killil 5" as a member among the other regions with repect the enemy's wishes.

Sayid   

It don't matter, the people there will name what they want. Somali-west is fine... and for a related story, Somaliland is called Somalia or North west province.

or worse parts of it is called puntland and a hargeisaland.

Bokero   

I am disturbed about this topic!!! Planning of future wars!!!

As someone who has lived in other somali territories, i think i see no logical or any other justification for greater Somalia!!! let it be, i say!!! and lets get our own house in order...

IT'S SIMPLY A FAIL POLICY we need to accept this, and move on.

We have failed to rule ourselves how can we ask other join a sinking ship?

And by the way ETHIOPIANS/KENYANS etc r not our enemies... Meles is enemy of all of us... he has been terrorizing ethiopians for 16 years!!!

FInally don’t kid yourselves if you believe they would be prosperous Somalia without a prosperous Ethiopia, or Kenya etc... our futures are intrinsically intertwined… period!

Think big ppl… and not fantasy about how many of our kids we send to die for hallow objectives,, while u enjoy the security western tax payer afford u!!!