Sign in to follow this  
ilax

What is wrong with Somalis?

ilax   

Now days the world media have started to talk about Somalia one way or another. The current issues in the world media , apart from lucrative piracy business , is catastrophic situation in Moqdisho that you see horifying pictures mainly wamon and children paying a heavy price of this failed state. is it a fate that make them to be in this sub-humane life or is it the effect of their actions? These are simple questions that a normal person asks him self. But, does the Somali particularly the diaspora communities think critically about their problems or they are in a state of denial and negligence? or does this silence is a sign of consent with what is happening at home? Or are diasporas victim of the western socail life, therefore they are fighting merely for their survival?

If you want to see the social behavour of any society,look at the indiviadual behavour, cos that reflects the social structutres in place. Therefore, for me the deviant behavour of Somali individuals is not from a vacuum, it is line with the Somali weak social structures and harmful social norms. Nevetheless, this is true for all Somalis, where ever they are. One day one guy from our nighbouring countries , said to me unconscientiuosly, Somalis don't think critically what they do , they are just aesy going people as he said,. That day that word touch my inner sense, but when I look what is happening in all areas inhabited by the Somalis, then I realised there is some thing wrong with Somalis.

Then, after wards, I started to think about the root cause of this problem , not the sympotoms such as confllict, tragedy and other man-made disasters, I know We are not bad in nature, but may be in need of rehabilitating or re-inovative social structure.

Therefore, can we just exchange views, what went wrong in the Somalis. I don't want to bring here the divissive idea, rather inclusive and collcective issues, becouse, I don't see remarkable difference in the Somalis, let it be in Somalia, Kenya, Jabout or Somali Regio/Ogadn/Somali-galbeed.

My dear SOL mates, if there is a sense of belongness to this impoverishing people in the horn, I think it is good to share our views, ideas and thought for this matter.

What is wrong with Somalis? Somali men !

And here are some elements which can explain their self distraction path:

1. Somali men are completely in denial of their current situation and just wanna b!tch about other countries having something to do with their self created chaos vs admitting the chaos was created by them and must be fixed by them SOON!!

2. The Somali men’s only ambition is who can provide them free fishes vs. learning how to fish on their own.

3. Somali men do not know how to hold each other accountable or directly speak to on another for the seek of greater good

The route of fixing any crises is to realize the source of the crises. And the way is see it, the source to the Somalis chaos is our men and until we hold these men accountable nothing is gone get fixed!

Malika   

The point,

Why shut the sister up? Has she touched a nerve? isn't the state of Somalia solely the making of Somali men and their inabilities?

Blah Blah about external forces causing blah blah and some blah blah..Just being in a room with a bunch of Somali men, one will realise why Somalia is in the state it is, they talk shiid...uuf!

ElPunto   

^Fara waweyn time for you clearly :D

It was a reflexive 'shut it' meant in semi jest - Somalis get bashed and do deserve it most of the time. But sometimes you don't want to hear Somalis Suck at a Somali forum. Sheesh.

TheMoron,

I warn you to be civilized when talking to me! However, know this Shutting me up does not shut u lots continues mistakes.

Somali men Needs to realize their self-destructive path and only then we have some sort of hope for a better recovery for our country and people, as they say the road to recovery starts with self realization.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by siphoningdilemma:

TheMoron,

I warn you to be civilized when talking to me!

LOL - and you want ME to be civilized?! Ladies - chill out. You know all of these men ruining Somalia are the fruit of your loins. ;)

ilax   

Somali men
!

1. Somali men are completely in denial of their current situation and just wanna b!tch about other countries having something to do with their self created chaos vs admitting the chaos was created by them and must be fixed by them SOON!!

2. The Somali men’s only ambition is who can provide them free fishes vs. learning how to fish on their own.

3. Somali men do not know how to hold each other accountable or directly speak to on another for the seek of greater good

The route of fixing any crises is to realize the source of the crises. And the way is see it, the source to the Somalis chaos is our men and until we hold these men accountable nothing is gone get fixed!

You are right. These are factors feeding the existing situation. I think we have look beyond these factors and see the subtle elements in the socio-economic pattern of Somalis. Then, We may get a bit elaberative answer. Any way , Sipho, thanks alot, indeed.

Ilax, Every nation on this earh the US, France, Britain, South Africa, Angola, Poland, Italy, Argentina you name it they all gone thru this kinda mess before and they all bounced back regardeless of its cost & time. In our case, I believe we are in the last phase of picking ourselves up from the ashes and thereby to kick-start the long awaited recovery process. This phase or this decisive process can be long or short process, all depends on our maturity for peace, the role of external stakeholders and whether we seriously learned our history lessons. Things can change overnight therefore we have to remain optimistic (rajada Alle lagama quusto) and work together in search of a lasting peace in our beloved country, Somalia. Illaahow nadaba qabo xaaladu waa inagu xuntahaye!

Wrong q!

You got to learn how to ask good questions. 'What's wrong with somalis?' is just silly question. As a people there is nothing wrong with somalis. Azmada ku habsatay waa arrin culus oo u baahan xal fingerpointing ka baaxad weyn...

Somali men
!

You father should've gave you the backhand a bit more often.

Som@li   

Ilax has a legit question, and needs to be addressed.

Dhibka umaddi ma iyagaa doonta misa Dhibku umadda isagaa doonta?