Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Laasqoray – the Maakhir Harbour in Northern Somalia

^^^I read his profile on google, he is Greek orthodox convert to Islam who lives in Egypt.

The man is also all over the place, one can not trust his crap.

AJ, do some simple search on his name on google.com

Som@li   

^At least this guy is a muslim, unlike the gay fellow! :D

author1225.jpg

Dr. Muhammad Shamsaddin Megalommatis.

Orientalist, Historian, Political Scientist, Dr. Megalommatis, 51, is the author of 12 books, dozens of scholarly articles, hundreds of encyclopedia entries, and thousands of articles. He speaks, reads and writes more than 15, modern and ancient, languages. He refuted Greek nationalism, supported Martin Bernal’s Black Athena, and rejected the Greco-Romano-centric version of History. He pleaded for the European History by J. B. Duroselle, and defended the rights of the Turkish, Pomak, Macedonian, Vlachian, Arvanitic, Latin Catholic, and Jewish minorities of Greece. Born Christian Orthodox, he adhered to Islam when 36, devoted to ideas of Muhyieldin Ibn al Arabi.

Greek citizen of Turkish origin, Prof. Megalommatis studied and/or worked in Turkey, Greece, France, England, Belgium, Germany, Syria, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Egypt and Russia, and carried out research trips throughout the Middle East, Northeastern Africa and Central Asia. His career extended from Research & Education, Journalism, Publications, Photography, and Translation to Website Development, Human Rights Advocacy, Marketing, Sales & Brokerage. He traveled in more than 80 countries in 5 continents. He defends the Right of Aramaeans, Oromos, ******is, Sidamas, Berbers, Afars, Anuak, Darfuris, Bejas and Tibetans to National Independence, demands international recognition for Kosovo, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, and Transnistria, calls for National Unity in Somalia, and denounces Islamic Terrorism

^^^Who is gay?

And this dude is full contradictions, Lasqoray aside, a beautiful port city that is getting development.

I read some of his posts and he seems quite ignorant. Who is paying him I do not know ;)

Som@li   

the seccionionist activist, havent you read his articles! :D

anyway, this guy is more well-versed in Somali politics, than most of Somalis.

Dabshid, Laasqorey waligaa ma tagtay? Waxaan xasuusta the only degmooyin Waqooyi ku yaalo ka garan jiray before the war inay ku jirtay, along with Hargeysa.

Somehow degmooyinkii declined noqday ayee ku biirtay post-civil war, degmooyin ka mid Dhuusamareeb, Baardheere, Baraawe, Hobyo iyo kuwa kale.

Som@li   

Xusuus fiican baan ka hayaa Laas Qoray, Waa run magaladu aad bay u shiiqday after the civil war, one it was a very booming Degmo, Warshadii Kaluunka ee caanka ahay, 1960gii uu dhisay Ruushku baa ku taalay oo ilaa 3000 oo qof ka shaqayn jirtay, kalluunka qasaacana laga yaabo in aadba ku cuntay Mogadisho. smile.gif

Hada bayse Insha Allah siday ahaan jirtay kusoo noqon, waayo warshado yar yar baa laga furay. Markaa Heelodu waa Heelo Laas Qoray! :D

Somehow degmooyinkii declined noqday ayee ku biirtay post-civil war, degmooyin ka mid Dhuusamareeb,
Baardheere,
Baraawe, Hobyo iyo kuwa kale.

MMA I wonder why include Baardheere dagmooyinka decline ka noqdey. I have been in Bardheere in 1991 and I went back in 2003 The size of the city has more than doubled and have more pple live in there then in 1991. Markii dagaaladu dhaceen waxaa jira qabiilo badan oo ka guuray, that is the only decline i can think of. I know that the divesity of the tribes is good for a city to grown and abviously Baardheere does not have now.

Ducaysane u are missing the point, the guy means thse towns were the most wellknown cities in somalia, and u hardly heard them today.

Good to c Laasqorey coming back to life.