Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Bander Siyaada [Qaw]: Puntland Anti Piracy force takes shape..

Duke, Can you tell us why this Navy is located in Bander Siyaada(25k from Bosasso) on the Redsea, while the pirates are based on the Indian ocean(in Eyl and Garacad) which is like 1000km away from Bosasso over land, and more then 1300km over sea?

Or isnt the navy going to do something about the pirates in Eyl and Garacad on the Indian ocean?

garad.jpg

^^^ Qaw is the base, the Navy HQ of Puntland. Much like Carmo is the Somali police academy. The forces will be deployed everywhere they are needed to fight pirates and trawlers.

Eyl has already be cleaned up of Pirates, the only part of the state that they have a base of any kind is Garacad and that will be the first target insha Allah..

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Thanks for revealing yourself lad. As for your question, Qaw is the base, the Navy HQ of Puntland. Much like Carmo is the Somali police academy. The forces will be deployed everywhere they are needed to fight pirates.

Eyl has already be cleaned up of Pirates, the only part of the state that they have a base of any kind is Garacad and that will be the first target insha Allah..

How far is Qaw from Garacad by land and by sea?

I think thats more 2 days by car or 2 full days by boat?

^^^You are confusing yourself. Qaw is the HQ, the training institution for the Navy of Puntland. It was chosen for the development of that ancient and important town.

Now when they are trained and fully equiped with the other powerful wings of the state, the PIS, army and Police they will hunt down criminals on sea and ground.

Again, Eyl is a non issue, it has been cleared months ago.

So, you are saying that naval is only trained in Qaw and its not the HQ of the navy. the navy is going to operate around the places were pirates are Eyl and Garacad(1300km away from Qaw). the article must be incorrect then.

How about Garacad? I didnt know that Mudug had also pirates. Isnt that your region, Duke?

^^^No you are in correct adeer. Qaw is the Navy HQ and training ground. These forces will be utalised in every location of the state.

As for Eyl again its a non issue. Garacad is the new problem and it will be dealt with..

As for my "region", Qaw is as much my region as Garacad.

it doesnt sound logic to me that pirates are based on the Indian Ocean(Garacad and Eyl) and the Navy HQ is on the redsea, thousands of kilometers away. Even Xamar is closer to Garacad then Bosasso.

^^^Yeah Puntland is quite large. 1/3 of Somalia land mass and more than 50% of the coast line of the republic.

Thus its no wonder you are confused. Qaw is the HQ, close to the states largest city and in need of development. Eyl, Garacad and others will also be developed in due time..

The Associated Press has determined through telephone and e-mail interviews with three insiders that training for an anti-piracy force of up to 1,050 men has already begun in Puntland, a semiautonomous region in northern Somalia that is believed to hold reserves of oil and gas.

Anti-piracy force

Puntland's leader said that the government of Puntland "will not seek approval" from anyone when it comes to security matters.

"For nearly two years, we have requested the international community to help us establish anti-piracy troops and to construct monitoring stations along Puntland's coast to fight pirates…but we received no answer," the president said.

He indicated that there are "questions" about Puntland's agreement with Saracen International, a South Africa-based maritime security company that inked a deal to train anti-piracy troops in Puntland last month.

"What is important is that Puntland improves its security. Without sufficient security, there can be no investment because investment depends on security and stability," Puntland's leader said.

He noted that the anti-piracy troops, which are to number 1,050 soldiers when training completes, will still need equipment and telecommunications gear in order to commence the fight against Somali pirates who threaten the world's shipping lanes.

President Farole said that only African Union peacekeepers (AMISOM) are allowed to bring weapons to Somalia under U.N. regulations, adding: "We will continue to seek equipment and other support for our anti-piracy troops when training completes."

He indicated that the Puntland-Saracen agreement is "in the spirit of the Istanbul Declaration, which encourages public-private partnerships" for Somalia.

Emperor   

IMG_0008.jpg

This is picturesque, amazingly beautiful. I love the sea and the beach at the background of the image, well paved and brilliant HQ. Qaw is one of the most strategic areas in the horn.

Puntland have got this one absolutely right, and the project will greatly benefit the region and Somalia as a whole.

xiimaaya   

Just another guys with ak 47 in blue labour uniform:D

i will reserve my compliment when i see real weaponry and technological advancement.