Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somaliland’s peace and security is paramount

Originally posted by General Duke:

Somaliland’s peace and security is paramount

One should not mistake the banter and political jostling in SOL as a reflection of the Duke’s political position with regards to Somaliland.

I do not agree with the partition of Somalia and oppose secessionism in all its forms.

However we must not be blind to the achievements of our people in the NW of Somalia, the peace and the security and the conflict resolution that took place in those regions.

All Somali’s should be proud of such achievements and should support their continuity and development.

The weak politician such as Riyaale and Warrabe should not be taken as the true reflection of the people of Somaliland and their thinking. In fact the people back home are less anti unionist than those who are in the Diaspora.

The actions of the “Mugger” is jepordising the peace and his desperate craving to hold on to power should not undo decade long hard work. History teaches us that it will not be the bigwigs and secessionist criminals who will suffer but the ordinary people who have no funds stashed away and homes in Cairo and Djibouti.

I do not care who wins, for all of them are standing for similar platforms that do not agree with and in the case of Warrabe a confused over the top anti Somali rhetoric is indeed ludicrous and self defeating.

It is my view that this election should not fail and if it does not deliver whole sale positive change it should at least allow for continuity of the peace and security of Somaliland that we all have come to expect of the region.

To the secessionists this is not a vindication of your stance, I believe as most of you do that secessionism is neither realistic nor feasible in today’s world, it is an appreciation of the hard work that my people in the NW have done and may Allah [swt] bless them with peace and development.

Who is your audience Duke? Surely not the SNM Gang :D .

As for Somaliland, it is in good safe and loving hands. You know what that means. :D

Qalbi-Adeyg:

I believe you are a fake individual, you’re inconsistent and confused. Your deleted post highlights your complete detachment from reality.

Even if you are a Somali from Puntland your behavior and insults are a shame to you and only you, grow up and act your age.

Suldanka My audiance is the wider Somali's not just the SNM gang [their reformed ones of course]die hard secessionist of course not, they are just a group within the NW Somali groupings. You dont have monopoly on Somaliland lad.

I think Duke penned a reasonable post. MY friends from teh other side of the political divide should appriciate Duke's nice sentiment.

Duke is not alone. I my self had previously registered my interest in peace with landers. I was welcomed by some, others's response was however quite negative.

Siilaanyo for 2009. And we mean it.

My secessionist brothers are upset for no reason. No one should e against Somaliland state but of cousre there are deeply held strong views that oppose secession in all its forms.

Originally posted by General Duke:

My secessionist brothers are upset for no reason. No one should e against Somaliland state but of cousre there are deeply held strong views that oppose secession in all its forms.

So long that Puntlanders don't make anymore silly adventures in Sool, we are content on their verbal opposition to Somaliland. ;)