Sign in to follow this  
finestsista2005

Would you consider marrying a broke man?

Hi ladies,

My question goes out to all the successful sisters out there making their own hard earned money. When you find that charming man but if he happens to be broke or has a dead-end job. Would you still consider marrying him even knowing his flat broke? Even if you are a nice woman; and disregard the fact that his broke. Let’s even assume you put in your head that he is going through tough time because of the recession and it is not home. How do you really know if he really likes you or is in love with the fact you’re financially stable and can take care of his finances.

What are signs that a man is only after your bling bling?

I have seen some of these men. The minute they meet you they talk about marriage while they don’t even have a penny saved up for marriage. They way too nice and give cheesy compliments.

Here are some of the things a man tries who is broke you should be aware of and what you should do:.

If a man tells me he forgot his wallet and expects me to pay for meals. I say forget you.

If a man tells me pay for my bills I am running low this month. I say ask RUN-if he pins you down tell him you don't remember ever meeting him.

If a man tells you he has no job but has not made any effort to get one......Disengage any conversation with him.

Simply put a man who is financially not ready can not take care of you. Love is a formula which you need to follow what your brain is telling you not just your heart. If your brain is telling you something is wrong with the fella you’re talking to LISTEN to it. !

To all my sisters…..your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please write down any advice you can help our sisters out.

What do you gals think? What would you do if the man you spoke to few month turns out that his flat broke with a bad credit?

Thanks in advance.

Juxa   

nothing wrong with wanting bit of cash and expecting your future other half to make some sort of contribution.

horta why are you lot ashamed of talking about money. granted money is not everything but it is important. specially if you are a man and must provide for a wife, parents and future kids.

allahu akbar!!

gabaryahay fineka ah, wax makuu sheegaa, faqiirnimo la iskuma naco ok? if the man is motivated and willing to improve his situation by all means go for it.

if he wants to be the kept man, run a mile

Malika   

^I agree with you. If the man has 'potential' of earning in the near future,I dont see the problem of giving him the chance.

BUT

If he is a maashaqeystee[sp],with no prospect of ever being productive[financially] maxaad kuu faleysaa?.. Why would you want such a burden?

Charming aa?..Lol,if you didn't know dear,most losers are charming,its their means to get by..

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

these questions on SOL are getting more and more crazy by the day. blatantly materialistic no?

It's spring, saaxib. Wedding season, no?

To answer the question, Yes I would get to know him and No I wouldnt marry a man who cant pay his bills. I'll wait until he makes some and we'll run off to the sunset if the said man has potential to become an independant man.

The most significant thing to look at is actions and past history. For instance, if the man in question has had jobs that he stayed with more than a year, then got laid off, fired or quit for sound reasons,then he is a keeper.

If he is currently getting up every morning to look for a job, go to school and improve his life in every which way, then he is a keeper.

But if the man never held a job before more than a couple of months, currently has an entourage of men whom he hungs out with on a regular basis, stays up all night, sleeping all day and complains about being broke? RUN!!

BTW, are there men out there who ask women to pay their bills this month?? I mean, I'd understand if the woman cares about him and has spare money and offers to help, but anyone who blatantly asks "Yo, I'm behind this month, can you take care of it?" is an f-ing loser, run and run and then run some more.

Malaha su'aashu waxay ku fiicnayd inaad dhahdo as a man ma u dhawaan lahayd a girl that earns more than you do?

Just think of the constant nagging mar walbood is qabsataa; waar maxaad tahay horta, adoo dhanba anaa.......