Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

PUNTLAND: The Galgala Conflict and its Long-term security Implication on the Region

The Zack   

Xudeedi, kind of. I would like to see you condemn the current admin instead of denouncing the whole region when the admin makes mistakes. I hope u know what I mean.

NG how can you explain the totality of the interview. The man not only said he is alshabaab but has the same ideology as alshabaab. Therefore your opinion makes no sense.

The good news is that this particular group of alshaab and their supports in Galgala has been neutralized as a front for alshaab and now are backtacking and distancing themselves from their sponsors.

Xudeedi   

Zack: I don't only condemn the current administration. The current administration is only an extention of institutionalized injustices derived from narrow clan formula. Cadde, Yuusuf and Faroole were all failures and it's not them, it's the system that prolonges corruption and lack of development.

There has not been an administration in the SSDF state that has not waged a war on Western Bari. Desperatelly, you could clearly see how they falsely state Galgala to be part of Sanaag when it's part of Bari.

I denounce the clan admin, no clan has authority over another.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Peace Action:

NG how can you explain the totality of the interview. The man not only said he is alshabaab but has the same ideology as alshabaab. Therefore your opinion makes no sense.

The good news is that this particular group of alshaab and their supports in Galgala has been neutralized as a front for alshaab and now are backtacking and distancing themselves from their sponsors.

I am not sure what reply to give you if you think my opinion makes no sense, saaxib. Not worth the trouble, it wont make sense to you either. :D

Xudeedi   

NGONGE: your thought on this issue is the most balanced one. Qaar qabiilka ayaa karkarinaaye ee waxba ha isku wareerin.

Thankful   

Peacea Action,

Don't bother trying to convince these guys. It will never happen, their hatred for Puntland will not allow them to reason.

Ngonge,

I just want you to do a little experiment, I want you to form an organization in London. Then I want you to choose a group that is on banned list, (maybe Al Shab), and say that the group on that list is your brothers and that "they are us, and we are them." After that try and explain what you mean in the same context which you think Atam meant his i.e. the bigger picture etc etc.

Then tell me how the authorties respond to that!

Xudeedi,

It's funny how some are bashing Faroole but not all his admin, (before it was Cade and his whole admin). But now to attack the current admin would mean that the minister of interior who is from Maakhir and carries out Faroole's policies would also be be attacked. It's as if he is protected from being criticized. Most people would consider a person a traitor if they work for a government that they say is corrupt! But not Xudeedi and Nassir, everything is wrong with Puntland, but not the heavy weight politician Ilka-Jiir!

Xudeedi   

Thanksful: It was you who was against Ilka Jiir, and have been on the opposing side of any pro-Makhiri thread. Your view are very clear in regards to the inhabitant of Sanaag and Western Bari. Thus, today you entertain a unified Puntland. Very cheap indeed.

Cade was humiliated so will pirate chief Faroole, and Xudeedi will defend his free kinsmen in Bari, not Ilka Jiir.

We have allready condemned Ilka Jiir, he risks of being portrayed as a traitor for parroting the clan administration in Garoowe. Faroole allready mentioned the clan element of this conflict by calling Atam and VOA reporter Ali Xaraare clanist.

Thankful   

Xudeedi,

Please, I was the first Puntlander that criticized Faroole when he named his son as advisor, or when his son met pirates and posted the info. I was the one that posted the article about the UN Report as well. Ilka-Jiir admitted to lobbying to get pirates from his region released from a foreign government. So he got criticized to. The government was hurting, but thanks to Atam and his pal talk interview, he has brought them and the PIS a lot more help!

I am against you and Nassir's hypocrisy where you are against the term Eastern Sanaag, but then you use the term Western Bari. Even in that article that tried to attack the UN Report, you guys also had an issue with the term Eastern Sanaag, and said it was a NW Somalia term. But then you guys turn around and say Western Bari to describe Gagala. I personally have no issue with putting Western or Eastern in front of regions, but you guys do when it comes to Sanaag, but no issue with Bari. Are you serious?

Also, you say that Ilka-Jiir is "risks" being portrayed as a traitor! See you have not yet called him that and are holding out as long as you can, but with Faroole you have already attacked him and labeled him. Come on, if Ilka-Jiir is the Minister of Interior and is under Faroole's pay roll, then he is the same! But of course you want to put him in a better light!

Xudeydi: No matter how one slices it, Thankful is opinionated racist and anti-Makhiri, and we all know the reason why.

But you should only criticize leaders/ administrations and not portrait Puntland the way you do. Dadkuna waa ehel iyo qaraabadeena oo ha fogeynin, dalkuna waa naga dhexeeyaa, dowladuna waan wada leenahay, ee haloo adeego.

:D

Happy anniversary to all Puntlanders.

NASSIR   

Thankful

Just to clear any misunderstandings between us, I do not support the man and his activities in the region. I think it is dangerous given the anarchic situation of Somalia. And I believe the long-standing issue of Galgala and Bosasso can be resolved if one genuinely attends to the root causes, which the international media often hides. However, according to the opinion of experts in Arabic that I read from the prestigious Somali forum (NGONGE, SOL), Mr. Atam said the same thing in both instances of the interview. (Though Paltalk is unprofessional and hardly unreliable source since it can be manipulated and has no accountability compared to VOA). The context under which the word "al-Shabab" was used was different and he DISAVOWS any type of connection, knowledge or responsibility of their radical agenda. Atam is considered a Sheikh or someone who knows about the religion of Islam, but he is considered to be a moderate one like Sheikh Shariif. Overall, he said in the VOA interview that his disagreement with Puntland is a local issue that has nothing to do with global security. He specifically files grievances against the crude paternalistic policies of Puntland such as nepotism, land expansion and economic sanction that the adminstration imposed on the farmers of Western Bari region. He said no vehicle is allowed in and out of the region or local businesses to sell or export their produce through the port of Bosasso.

Xudeedi, I agree with Koora-Tuunshe. The Galgala and by extension that of Puntland admin will resolved by Gen. Ilka-Jir and the Elders. Keep the good work.

The people of Maakhir have spoken propaganda "implodes" from Garowe the land of the foreign Pirates are chapters to reer Maakhir.

If a clan wants to sink another clan they should expect a good fight that lays ahead. Militias allied to Ilka Jir and other clan militias keeping the peace in Sanaag-Western Bari will not allow lackeys to bankroll and scar an entire clan for their own personal gain.

We've been nice to them I honestly believe Puntland won't survive well as a functioning state in the next 16 months.

Som@li   

Originally posted by ceelayohoyoo:

The people of Maakhir have spoken propaganda "implodes" from Garowe the land of the foreign Pirates are chapters to reer Maakhir.

If a clan wants to sink another clan they should expect a good fight that lays ahead. Militias allied to Ilka Jir and other clan militias keeping the peace in Sanaag-Western Bari will not allow lackeys to bankroll and scar an entire clan for their own personal gain.

We've been nice to them I honestly believe Puntland won't survive well as a functioning state in the next 16 months.

Ilko Jiir is part of Puntland, and will share the blame with Faroole.

Xudeedi   

The general should be held as accountable. He came to popularity as a result of a vacume and if he fails to fill it, he will be denounced, thus his significance is at risk.

Makhiri interest will not be tied to an individual. We shall see how this unfolds.