Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

For Fitness's sake

-Lily-   

I’m not really bothered too much about food, as long as you eat well mostly who is to say you can’t have sugar in your tea or have a slice of cake? If you want to cut it out all it takes is 3 weeks. Herbal teas or Grey Earl do not need sugar. If you view everything from the perception of long term health rather than dieting its more likely to last.

Eating half a banana or a pea/apple after a work-out stops you from eating everything in sight.

In terms of motivation C&H if you hate it you are more likely to fail. I recently found a new gym in our area that has great facilities and has a huge pool with ladies only swimming 3x a week.

Anyone tried Tai Chi? It involves a lot of slow movements & stretches & is meant to be very relaxing. A crazy work out is not always the best thing after a long day at work.

Sheh, I tried yoga last year, I thought my wrists were going to snap lol...maybe I should have started with beginners class though. that move looks incredibly hard.

Blessed   

Serenity,

I use it like google. Someone told me about belly dance exercise videos, and viola.

Haneefah,

Sounds like a lot of fun, I’m jealous. Loving the shik shok song.

I’m gonna do that one too, let me know how I goes with ya. It’s not as easy at it looks though. Ooh.. What’s happening in April? My lose-baby-fat plan expires then too, LOL. Birthday gift to my future self, hope I don’t disappoint. LoL.

I’ve also noticed my monstrous appetite since starting to workout but I’m not fanatical about diets. I eat whatever in small quantities and drink water by the gallons- fills you up.

II

Don’t lose that cake just yet… LoL

Blessed   

^Fab. You'd hink it'd be a big hit here but no, only some dance school offers some classes in all of Dubai.

I'm into martial arts too, good for you on so many levels but I don't have a regular sitter, so can't do classes at the moment.

Faheema.   

Blessed, they will have to get a restraining order before I give up that cake all together :D Did you know there's a limit to how many you can buy lol.

My old gym once had Table Dance class that was eventually going to lead to Pole Dancing class once they installed the poles. But it soon disapeared as were not enough regular attenders.

Haneefah, Shik Shak Shok indeed. Mesmerising!

Blessed, excellent vid. Think I might give it a go.

Sheh, stop stop! Walking up the escalator has me clutching my side, am so not ready for hill walking, if I can find any. Little steps, my dear.

Who in here works out regurly? Or has been an avid gym-goer? Can you please list your daily or weekly routine? I tend to do better when I have a partner. Last year, it was me and my best friend. And I got into it and it was owsome!

MZanzi   

C&H

It is often hard to self motivate and get things done. If you have trouble motivating yourself what are some thing you can do to break through and get things done Self-motivation is actually very easy.

You want to walk, but how do you get yourself out the door or onto the treadmill? That's the toughest challenge most of us face. I face it everyday

check out this lady she's my self motivation http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ChickenTuna/ and if u need any training lessons go to www.bodybuilding.com you will find lots of good article and training routine

Blessed   

:eek: :eek: @ at the body builder woman. That looks freaky to me, I think female should have a subtle muscle tone, it's feminine and sexy. :cool:

Blessed, they will have to get a restraining order before I give up that cake all together [big Grin] Did you know there's a limit to how many you can buy lol.

No way! :D:D What did you do, inaadeer? icon_razz.gif

Val,

I think their fat burning will definitely strengthen your legs, saakaan sameeyay and I'm aching. redface.gif

Aaliyyah   

I haven't went to gym for the past one month or so. Inshallah I need to start again.

Chocolate I agree with you I always need someone to drag me there or I won't be consistent. It's always more fun if someone is there with you....

salaam

Dhimbil   

Is going to the gym a newer trend among somali women? I went to my local gym few nights ago and I was surprised to see so many somali girls and older women at the gym. The choice of workout attire was crazy, I saw girls with shorts, sweat pants and than i saw few with full jilbab :cool: on the elliptical, very unsafe but cool to see everyone working out.

Pucca   

Originally posted by Orange:

how do you get yourself out the door or onto the treadmill?

Buy the treadmill and make space for it in the kitchen(if your kitchen is big enough)...you'll either stop going to the kitchen or start using the treadmill. Works for me.