Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

For Fitness's sake

winnie   

for those watching maybe.

what about team sports? soccer, basket ball? are women more independant in how they spend their time, than men? i ask this, because guys, i find, are more comfortable playing group sports where as girls... it depends on the group.

any validity to my theory? or am i just projecting my patriarchal upbringing?

Buuxo   

^I think team sports is fun way of exercising and you focusing on wining and not so much on the exercise part., but it difficult finding a group of girls that are dedicated and like team sports.I'm trying to form a basketball team with the somali girls ,but comments like "waligeey banooni kor umaqaadin " is making me give up.

Originally posted by Buuxo:

^I think team sports is fun way of exercising and you focusing on wining and not so much on the exercise part., but it difficult finding a group of girls that are dedicated and like team sports.I'm trying to form a basketball team with the somali girls ,but comments like "waligeey banooni kor umaqaadin " is making me give up.

LOL@banooni kor umaqaadin. Fiiri,what kind of a girly girl would play basketball? do you know,what a basketball does to perfectly manicured nails?

I think,in my opinion,all girls should not edo vigorous work outs. Some socod here and there,a lil dancing here and there,that should be it! :D

J.Lee   

Madonna ey ayaa cunay. smile.gif

I play volleyball (love it), dogdeball (most painful of all; muscle aches for days) and basketball. I learned to do a lay-up today. I gotta work on my three-pointers because I "have the form but not the strength."

I'm just a little bitter.

I haven't tried pole-dancing but I find it appealing for some reason.

I've done Pilates for about three months last year. I have all the Winsor Pilates tapes. It gave me energy and my body tightened up. However, if you want to loose weight, Pilates is useless. And you'll get the long lean muscle they promise only if you are at your ideal weight and want to devolop definition.

If you want to lose weight, strengthen your muscles, build endurance and all the other wonderful stuff, Do cardio+weights.

All that hooha about losing 100+ pounds on Pilates and comming out looking like supermodel is gimmicks. I know lots of family members and friends who tried Pilates for years and still look little chunky.

I like group excercises. I do rocket ball, kickboxing and my gym just added bellydancing ;) . So this spring, I'm looking forward to picking up few tricks ;)

J Lee, do you do that outdoors? Can't remember the last time I was active outdoors, sounds like a treat.

Choc&hon, Pilates is doing the trick for me as I'm not bothered with weight loss. I've noticed my hamstrings and what are those other ones, quadriceps are less tight when I pray!

-Lily-   

So what other forms of exercise besides swimming can one do that don’t put too much pressure on joints but give a good workout?

How’s the Pilates going Sheh?

Urban   

Hey Lily.

Read a couple of articles on Tabata training.

The main concept behind it is doing a certain exercise in moderate to high intensity for 20secs and resting for 10secs. That's 1 set, you have to do 7 more for a total of 8 sets, which adds up to less than 4mins of exercise a day.

It really works but at the end of each exercise be prepared to feel like puking or even pass out smile.gif .

Beats any 45min+ aerobic exercises tho.

LiLy, I gave up but am still paying good money to a gym! I could go on a mini break on the amount I've wasted on membership. From now on I will pay as I go. I sure could do with Pilates though. I gave a CD I had to my mum; does anyone do the exercise video thing? I'm going to go that way I think.

Oz   

They call it Abdominal workout system a must in every somali household if they want to be fit and healthy.

1875.jpg

Abdominal workout system will not work if somalis did not reduce their Bariis/Pasta/Hili adhi intake. Somalidii colool iyo kalyo wayni baa ka soo haray.