Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

For Fitness's sake

In love with Yoga.

Except I never tried it (does video instruction for beginners count?)

In a couple of weeks, my work out buddy will be visiting to stay for a month. We jog.

Maybe one day soon, I'll do a marathon. *sigh*

J.Lee   

Lol Pain is a great indicator; it lets you know that your muscles are actually developing. smile.gif

Yoga is haraam? As long you aren’t doing for spiritual awakening but as a form of exercise I really don’t see what the problem is.

Naden   

I heard something about long muscles and dancer's body. Does Pilates promise that? If it does, I want it in writing.

Sheh, are your muscles getting longer?

Pain is weakness leaving the body << Thats what this guy who was driving me nuts on a training weekend said to me, after 7km of cycling in blistering wind and rain smile.gif

lol@pole dancing.. wont that make you feel a bit, pole-dancer-girl-ish?

^it's one those things, you feel better AFTER you've been.

Serenity, what's wrong with feeling pole-dancer-girl-ish? smile.gif

Naden, it's meant to create long and lean muscles. I have not been doing it consistently but will do so from now on and will report back.

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Pain is weakness leaving the body << Thats what this guy who was driving me nuts on a training weekend said to me, after 7km of cycling in blistering wind and rain
smile.gif

lol@pole dancing.. wont that make you feel a bit, pole-dancer-girl-ish?

loool Serenity, I don't think I clearly understand what you mean, but if it is what I assume you mean then nah...This is something for me, it is to please myself...And to be honest with you, it seems like really hard work, quiet vagarious, and requires skills…It just depends on ones’ perception I guess, I always thought it was sexy and erotic.

I have a question for the Pole dancing sisters.

surely 'Niikis' classes would have a greater benefit all around i.e exercise for you and a grateful audience(your special faarax).

old school faaraxs do not find pole dancing sexy or erotic must be a cultural/generational thing but Niiko on the other hand is xaaaax ;)

No way i can convince her without some sisters backing me up as to the health benefits... any assistance is greatly appreciated