Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

Puntland Constitution---first draft

Article 12 - Freedom of Worship

1. Every person has the freedom to worship in what he/she believes and shall not be forced to accept another.

2. A Muslim cannot renounce his/her religion

They're going to have change the title of Article 12, i think :D

1. All persons holding Puntland nationality constitute the people of Puntland.

Only my subclan constitute the people of Puntland.

2. Every person born in the territory of Puntland or whose parents or one of them were born in the territory of Puntland shall be deemed as a national of the Puntland State..

Every person born in the territory where our subclans camel graze or whose parents or one of them were born in the territory where our subclans camel used to graze shall be deemed as a national of the Puntland State

Ibtisam   

Puntland is a nationality?

Why does it need a constitution, I thought it did not want to be a sovereign entity. Did I miss something?

In the United States, each state has it's own constitution. Of course each state's constitution must not be in conflict with federal constitution. For that reason, Puntland's constition is fine as long as it does not conflict with the federal consitution.

In the matter of citizenship, it should be change to resident. Anyone who resides in Puntland for six consective months, shall be considered a resident.

A.J.   

^^^^^^

That may be but Puntland is referring to it self as a nation in this Constitution so maybe it has plans you dont know about.

A.J.   

^^^^^^^^

The constitution constantly referes to 'Puntland Nationals' inferring that they are citizens of nation called Puntland. So i would suggest that you get your facts right sxb

1. Puntland State is part of Somalia; it is her duty to contribute to the establishment and protect a Somali Government based on the Federal System.

2. The powers that Puntland State shall cede to the Federal Government of Somalia and the rights that will be preserved shall be determined through negotiation.

3. Pending the completion of the Federal Constitution approved by a popular referendum, Puntland State shall have the status of
an independent State

Eh?