Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

President Faroole, Ilko-Jiir MUST be investigated and/or RESIGN for criminal activity

Thankful   

Gheelle.T,

Well I agree these are allegations!

But look at it both men came to the country less than 2 months before the elections and came in First and Second! The report shows that these two came from the area's where piracy was most intense, it states that nowhere else was there a pirate base whether it was NW Somalia's coast or Puntland! Of course ships where attack all along the coast, even near Seychelles and Yemen and Kenya, but we are talking about a base where allowed to docked and were continuously re-supplied.

But the most damaging is the fact that Ilko-Jiir intervened to get some of his kinsmen released. Why is he so concerned about criminals? Also we have all seen this pirate "Boyah" on t.v holding interviews walking around freely around Garowe! Yet even though Faroole says he has made numerous arrests, this man never has been?

See that is the thing the report is saying, is that this Boyah guy has been interviewed numerous times and in some cases the President own son arranges the meeting yet he is not arrested by the authorties. Remember Boyah also admits to hijacking many ships!!

Remember Ghelle we had this discussion about this Times UK article where Ina Faroole was able to arrange a meeting with the most famous pirate? Now almost a year later the UN Security council is using the same article!

The evidence is right there - What leaders son can call a international criminal up so he can be interviewed for foreign reporters?

With all the problems in African I highly doubt any investigation will come up, I believe us as Puntlanders should investigate this! I know it's a long shot, but still. Things look bleak! We depend so much on foreign aid, how can we expect anyone to trust our admin if it's leader is accused of this?

xiinfaniin - their response came out when some of the report was leak by the new york times! They are yet to respond to all the allegations to the offical report.