Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

President Faroole, Ilko-Jiir MUST be investigated and/or RESIGN for criminal activity

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

War ileen raggu waxay la waashaan markaan Pirate ku la kaftano waa rag lagu masruufo pirate proceeds!

Nimanka midhaa calooshu xanuuntay. :D

NASSIR   

The UN Monitoring Group reports are extremely biased and based on questionable findings. I don't know if some members of its committee has special relationship with "Somaliland" but their reports correlate very close with the secessionists' news information, editorials and opinions. It does in fact glean most of its sources from Hargeisa.

In its last report (I believe) it alleged that the people of Sanaag and western Bari regions supply arms and weapons into the ONLF in order to facilitate support for their expansionist policies of SL against our regions. The UN Monitoring Group is very corrupt that it has turned into tool for others to advance their own narrow interests.

Thankful   

Nassir,

Of course you would say this because the report was critical of Ilko-Jiir. If this report is "bias and based on questionable findings", why has our Puntland government remained silent? These are very serious allegations brought forward, yet still no response. The Somali Federal Government, Eritrea and even the WFP have all came out with quick responses.

They may still come out with something in the next few days, but atleast a small letter would have been good!

I believe the reason why they haven't is because they know there is nothing they can say. Ilko-Jiir actually lobbied with Egypt to get pirates from his clan release!

The relationship between the two men has since served Hanaano and his men well. Shortly after his appointment, Ilkajiir reportedly proposed Hanaano for the position of “Eastern Sanaag Coastguard Commander”. In August 2009, the Egyptian crew of the Mumtaz 1 and the Samara Ahmed revolted and overpowered their pirate captors, whom they subsequently handed over to the Egyptian authorities. Ilkajiir

immediately spearheaded efforts by the Puntland authorities to have the pirates — all members of Hanaano’s militia — released, and in September 2009

This is why their has been no response, because we all heard about when Ilko-Jiir ask the Egyptian authorities to release these criminals! Who government official does that? You dont ask for criminals back unless you have a relationship with them.

In Somalia, everything is done through connections, be they clan, family, or friend, and Mohamed, my interpreter, was on and off the phone for almost a week to coax his network into producing Boyah.

Our meeting takes place at a virtually deserted farm 15km outside Garowe. Mohamed is the son of the newly elected president of Puntland and does not want to be seen in public cavorting with pirates. Moreover, Boyah has recently contracted tuberculosis and Mohamed insists that we meet him in an open space.

timesUK

I remember this article was posted on Somaliaonline and now it is used as evidence by the Security Council! Forget about why in the world Faroole's son would actually arrange a meeting with a criminal when his father is president (which he tried to defend on Garoweonline by saying he is a reporter and has a right to)! But why do you think he insisted on being an interpreter? I think we both no why and it's quite obvious - ina Faroole wanted to censor any answers the pirate gave to the reporter that he didn't like!

The report is stating the facts, and it seems the admin knows they can't say anything about it!! It even mentioned in the report how the president made his son a media advisor, which I even said was a ridiculous move that will make Puntland look bad! Can you imagine even a major of some city naming his son as an advisor?

In less than 1 year and a half both Faroole and Ilko-Jiir have been implicated by UN Security Council with criminal activity! The report accuses both of them of attaining significant contributions to their campaigns from Pirate money. If their is bias against Puntland, why didnt the report name the numerous other candidates that ran? Also, Why did the report say that "over the last 12 years puntland has had relative positive evolution" if it is bias?

I dont think the report is bias because it is not attacking the whole state and it specifically says that UNDER Faroole Puntland is being nudged towards a criminal state!

I know it is specifically mentions eastern sanaag and it upsets you; but facts are facts.

^Wasiirka warfaafinta ayaa ka hadley "the same day" telefishanka ETN, wuuna beeniyey waxa ku qoran qoraalkii ina seedi huuno (Matt Bryden)..... waxaa laga yaabaa inaad ka weysey somaliwebsiteska :D

Originally posted by Nassir:

The UN Monitoring Group reports are extremely biased and based on questionable findings. I don't know if some members of its committee has special relationship with "Somaliland" but their reports correlate very close with the secessionists' news information, editorials and opinions. It does in fact glean most of its sources from Hargeisa.

In its last report (I believe) it alleged that the people of Sanaag and western Bari regions supply arms and weapons into the ONLF in order to facilitate support for their expansionist policies of SL against our regions. The UN Monitoring Group is very corrupt that it has turned into tool for others to advance their own narrow interests.

^^^Clan Rivalry is this serious folks..

I don't know why people like you promote this silly notion of "Somaliwayne".

Thankful   

Koora-Tuunshe!! ETN are you serious and want a response?

So when Eritrea disputed the report, should they have gone on one of their news stations and rejected it? What about the Federal Government of Somalia should they have gone on ETN to?

The Puntland government website hasn't said a word, or Garoweonline.

I know no matter what you wont admit that those named in the report should be investigated!

ETN waa national televisionkayaga, kaas ayaa nooga qiima badan websiteska. Waa TV Soomaaliyeed.

Ha deg degin, hana na horboodin saaxiib.

Reporkan fadhi kudirirka ah, hadii aad saan la noqoneysid, maxaad u malaysaan waxaan ogohay hadii la afuufo. :D

Thankful, this is just allegation with no evidence and the report accused them of taking pirate money before they even came to power. Who ask for investigation, so who do think should investigate them?