Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

The Word Games Battle of the Sexes...

The Word Game…

Here’s a little game we can play, this one will surely stimulate the brain. Can u guess it or can u not…the meaning behind the phrase at heart. redface.gif Ok ok so my rhyming is a little off beat, lool. Lakiin I do have a game we can play. It’s quite educational now that I think of it. And we can also make it more competitive by giving it an edge…we’ll make it The Word Games Battle of the Sexes. The deal is this; I’ll post 10 words and you have to post the meaning of them. We’ll start easy with the rules being 1 word person to post the meaning of (I’ll also start by using easier words) and with each correct answer you will receive point’s going to your overall tally of your gender’s team. As the game progresses the rules will change, so take advantage now while its still easy and build up the points for your team.

Here is the 1st lot of words:

1- Idle

2- Remnant

3- Scrounge

4- Sate

5- Traduce

6- Yen

7- Abnegate

8- Idem

9- Farce

10- Clew

Remember 1 word person. And please state your gender, we wouldn’t want to give your points to the wrong team now would we. These lots of words are worth 2points each. Good luck.

Wasalaamu'alaykum PPL

LuCkY   

1. Idle-INACTIVE, NOT USED, AT REST...

I THINK THAT YOU CAN FIGURE OUT MY GENDER WITHOUT A PROBLEM.

We have two correct answers from the sisters side so thats 4 points heading in that direction. 2 down 8 to go. Fella's looks like you guys are having a slow start. Or are the the females more brighter. Only time will tell which of the sexes will win.

wasalaam ppl.

OG Moti   

this is not fair .. u guys PM each other and post at the same time.. u always work as group wich is not fair and unacceptable.. i reject this.. reset the game and scrap the above.. peace

Traduce - to make false statements, causing humiliation or disgrace

Yen - Japanesse currency cant buy u $hit..also a chinesse female name means the one with hairy legs..

but i still think this is unfair game cause girls seem to have evil intentions and grouping... peace

LuCkY   

OG_MOTI what is with all this talk of females being EVIL and that this game is not fair cuz we told one another? I mean come on this topic has been posted since 27th.Its a fair play.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY OG_MOTI:

Traduce - to make false statements, causing humiliation or disgrace

Yen - Japanesse currency cant buy u $hit..also a chinesse female name means the one with hairy legs..

Besides as the game rules say you cant define two words.

P.S. HEnce the time difference. We didnt post at the same time. :rolleyes:

Asalaamu'Alaykum PPL...

The compitition is heating up and the claws are coming out. The funny thing is it seems to be the fella's who are getting their knickers in a knot. Mr OG_Moti is that bad sportsmanship i see redface.gif Keep in mind this is only a game.

Sisters are currently still in the lead with

8 Points

"Neanderthals" are on 2 points thanx to Mr rudy

OG_Moti i'm afraid both your answers were incorrect. Traduce was already posted by one of your fellow brothers and the meaning you gave of yen (as interesting as it sounded) is incorrect. There is another meaning of yen as well, and this is the one i'm looking for.

Keep in mind if u post more then 1 answer your answer will not be accepted kiddo.

There are now 5 Words remaining.

Wasalaam.

Sisters...12 Brothers...2

I can already see the which of the 2 sexes is smarter, lool.

Fella's do you wish to improve your status. Show some manlyness lol.

underdog   

Clew - A ball of yarn or thread

So this Greek dude called Theseus macked a princess called Ariadne and she gave him a clew. Do you believe that, he's there trying to find a true love and she hands him some STRING. Anyway he took and went on his way.

Later on my boy Theseus get in some stuff that involves a complex labyrinth and he uses his sweetheart's CLEW to find his way back out of the hole and into her arms.

Now that's Romantic.