Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

Is Abudwaq part of Puntland?

Rokko   

I give him credit for trying to create a dialogue among fueding clans na'mean. Tribalism will never go away but I think Somalis should have a common interest of peace and prosperity na'mean.

Is Abudwaq part of Puntland?

Abudwaq city is home to hundred thousands of Siyaad Barre's sub clan where majority of whom pursues nomadic pastoralist. With the collapse of centralized government of Siyad Barre from Mogadishu, Abudwaq city may perhaps be a forgotten place, but the capture of Kismayu from Morgan militias Barre Hiiraale's clan have begun to draw on their own indigenous traditions in coming to terms with problems of conflict and cooperation. But their territories remain without a local autonomy.

Geographically Abudwaq falls within the borders of the Galgaduud region but where the majority of the clans inhabiting in this city and its vicinity are in some how associated with Punt land. Socio-Economically, Abudwaq inhabitants have a good business relationship with Punt land. I wonder why they cannot have a political relationship with Puntland.

Despite the long political hatred between the two clans, recent clan conflict between *** and Siyaad Barre's clan in XERAALE- prooved otherwise, the animosity and the blood line descendent from the two cannot be ignored when Caabudqaaq battle casualties have been transferred to Galkacyo for medical attention. Another question, in this context is, Do Punt land inhabitants shares all the pain and everything else with their Caabudwaaq brothers and sisters in Galgaduud region? Some may agree with me some others may not, but this observation of mine remain to be studied. You don’t send your XERAALE casualties to your enemy’s hospitals! Would you?

The above title of whether or not Abudwaq being a part of Puntland is not meant to be an insult for my ******* fellows; I want this to be clarified. In no way do I mean to insult or anger any of my Abudwaqers brethren. I only want the people to understand that Puntland cannot force Abudwaq inhabitants to join them nor Abudwaq is for sale, and it has never been. But Common autonomy, soldiers, inter-regional authorities, and common interest in both sides to protect their own people should be addressed.

It is my hope that Abudwaq local authorities (if any) will embark on a result-oriented dialogue process with Puntland that will be sustained on the basis of progress towards a settlement of the long clan hatred between two main clans of puntland and caabduqaaq and work together toward achieving peace and stability in their regions and end long clan rootless pride and the clan profanity between them. This may turn out to be an extended process, bearing in mind each other's concerns. Abudwaq local authorities can look forward to a dialogue with their Puntland brothers to end clan hostility.

In my view, this would open the doors for wide-ranging cooperation as well as progress towards the final settlement of finding solution for Somali problem in accordance with the wishes of the people of those two regions. Majority of ******* intellectuals would admit that there are doubts in Puntland administration about the outcome of the talks. There is an opinion that only these two clans' young intellectuals in Diaspora intervention will make both clans compromise on the core issue of unity and together rebuild Somali State which is passed away from International community.

I, however, am optimistic. I feel that both clans are people of vision, who appreciate the need for peace. The lessons of the past fourteen have to be learnt so that there is no breakdown in the future. But the lasting peace for Somali Nation as a whole can only materialize if the issue of these clan hatred is addressed with the urgency, creativity and sincerity it requires. If this is done then political, socio-economical and power sharing relationships will graduate from a zero-sum game to a win-win situation and restoring and rebuilding Somali Nation which has fallen apart will follow

After all, is Abudwaq part of punt land? It depends on who you ask….and how you look at….

BY: Fowzi Herzi –viaconi-----viaconi@yahoo.com

http://www.allgedo.com

Liqaye   

ahem.....

:D:D:D:D

I have controlled my self with diffuclty.....

But i am amazed at your naivety mobb-deep, just the other day people ran out in the middle of the night screaming we want to be part of puntland, in lieu of somali flags they were waving pictures of Abdullahi yusuf in various poses and backgrounds....

But seriously i might have said it a hundred times, apart from the clan connection what else does abudwaq have in common with bari and nugaal, or indeed kismayoo that you guys are always talking about.

BN   

I might be mistaken, but I remember reading that western galgaduud was suppose to be part of Puntland. But their leaders decided against it, and left the 1998 conference in Garowe.

I dont see cabudwaq joining PL, but perhaps a galgaduud government would be a good alternative. It might bring a lastly peace for the residents of that region...

Gabbal   

I dont see cabudwaq joining PL

Atleast not while Abdulahi Yusuf is in power :eek: The people of Abudwaq are part and parcel of the Somali Republic and no one else. They've already shown so and will continue to show so.

J.Lee   

Hornafrique a.k.a Raqiid ( :rolleyes: lol) Always the little nationalist huh? looool

Abudwaq city is home to hundred thousands of Siyaad Barre's sub clan where majority of whom pursues nomadic pastoralist

LoooooooL. I don't know why I find that funny. The answer to the question is there though I do think we need to create Tribal harmony and end clan animosity but only through A united Somali Repuplic.

There is an opinion that only these two clans' young intellectuals in Diaspora intervention will make both clans compromise on the core issue of unity and together rebuild Somali State which is passed away from International community.

War Balaayo :eek: ! That is a prejudiced opinion. sorry If I'm impressionable but the rebuilding of a Somali state would signify A united somalia and not a united Mudug....Correct?

Rokko   

Liqaye, a better question would be, what does Caabudwaaq have in common with Dhuusamareeb?

Liqaye   

War Balaayo ! That is a prejudiced opinion. sorry If I'm impressionable but the rebuilding of a Somali state would signify A united somalia and not a united Mudug....Correct?

Sis Word people have even by passed mudug today and extended their maamul into galgaduud....

Liqaye, a better question would be, what does Caabudwaaq have in common with Dhuusamareeb?

Well certainley not the clan affiliation that puntland is based on, but abudwaq is neither contigous to "puntland" territory nor are they intreasted. :D

Somaliland wants to build a state based on a seeceding clan whilst puntland wants to build it up from the bottom clan by clan.

Where is the remote diffrence?

As for what Dhuusamareeb has to do with abudwaq...

somalia_rel_1992.jpg

If you even know where abudwaq is figure it out... ;)

Rokko   

Oh boy my brotha Liqaye missed the point again.

If people can't even take their injured there what does sharing a regional name with Dhuusamareeb do? lol

Do ya even know that Caabduwaaq and much of galgaduud was historically known as Mudug?

Maybe the "walaalaha galgaduud" nacnac put ya in a dream where Caabudwaaq became righ next to Cadalle na'mean.

Bad Liqaye. I think ya should shrink that big map so we can see it betta. lol

sadeboi   

Mobb such an interst in Siyaad Bare's (illahay haa oo naxristo ) sub-clan shall we say two posts about them :rolleyes: wow don't tell me you have found some kind of attraction toward them :confused:

sadeboi   

But seriously i might have said it a hundred times, apart from the clan connection what else does abudwaq have in common with bari and nugaal, or indeed kismayoo that you guys are always talking about

It has no connection with nugaal or bari but its connection with kismayo is that it's controlled by the same people who inhabit cabudwaaq! Adeer Bare Hiiralle :D

Liqaye   

lol.

Brother i will leave the perusing through dusty historical tracts to you, the article and your responses make it clear what puntland is based on, which is in a sentence, more of the same.

As for the rest I think the above reponses make it clear where "the young intellectuals" or the nearest approximation of them in the west think about the whole idea.

P.s People who were caught in the crossfire in xeraale and areas adjacent to balanbal where treated in dhusamareb and dayniile hospitals.

Just another itchy statement you throw around hoping for the kersone to light ;)

sadeboi   

tell me you are joking. Mobb is just stating some facts, don't feel flattered right away.

wow mobb thanks for replaying ;) the facts i didn't say its was false statements i just said "did MOBB found a sudden attraction to the sub-clan of Siyaad Bare (illahay haa oo naxristo) ?? ok :confused:

P.S i doubt that the sub-clan would ever want to join puntland its actually amusing lol :confused: you can have goldgob and lascanood as your followers lol