Sign in to follow this  
Kamila

HOW DO YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE YOUR WEDDING?????

Kamila   

Salaamu caleeykum,

How do you want to celebrate your wedding??

____________Kamila______________________

Love is the quest, Marraige is the conques,

Divorce is the inquest.

lulla   

I want to have traditional wedding.And iam gonna have my wedding in the day time. redface.gif .lol

Iam not gonna spend money on hotels and all the other stuff. I just want simple traditional wedding with alot blessing. :D

most somalian weddings these days are like the gaalos.in another word i want have somalia wedding.

Ariadne   

Like lulla said I want a traditional wedding too but I want it in the desert under a big tent with camels and horses grazing outside and lots of water ;)

Traditional? Gimme a break here! A wedding comes once in a lifetime and sometimes it doesnt come icon_razz.gif so dont gimme that BS about spending less $$$. Traditional/classic/hip/etc...its gonna be BIG, BEAUTIFUL & worth every penny...

So my wedding is gonna be EXPENSIVE and CLASSY...a white wedding with 500 guests is what i dream of :D:D I dont care what ya guys say about gaalo weddings icon_razz.gif

Now if u'll excuse me...I gotta plan 4 my upcoming wedding! icon_razz.gif

nuune   

kamila what was your wedding like,was it expensive,tradional or what,come on tell us,you just sneaked out while we were here!!!!

you are talking about wedding celebration,am not even planning to go for the aroos until in the near future!!!!

but by the way i don't care what it is like but that doesn't work,i will go for the damn expensive one but it must also have all sorts of tradional like dhaanto,saar and buraanbur aahh,whatever,i just don't care!!!really i mean it!!!

Paragon   

Aroos with many maniac bariis eaters? nah.... i am not having that! Nowadays, it is all about traveling all year round experiancing luxurious and beautiful spots. You dont need those who come to wedding and eat up everything, then say "Oh that aroos was aight!". It makes no change, after all i am the one to grow old with my wife, right? If thats so then i will give her some happy memories that will last 4eva.

Ahlaan   

Asalaamu Caleykum Waraxmatullaahi Wabarakaatuh!!!

I'm gonna be a combination of lulla and JamaaL-11:

I would like it outdoors because I love nature, a really nice Garden or in the mountains;

With fun and games for the kids (I love kids and want them to be part of an enjoyable wedding too);

No "Somalis ONLY" wedding for me;

I don't plan on spending that much on a wedding, more on my crib and vacation! smile.gif And I wanna go to an Islamic Country, not necessarily an ARAB one either.

Well we have our plans and desires may Allaah make them the better for all of us insha'allah, Amiiiiiiiiiin!!!

PEACE!!!

A7LA-SHU   

mine gotta be woow. i don't care if my husband to be likes the idea or not.. hey it is only one day it ain't gonna kill ya lol.. plus that is the only memory we'll have so i would wanna have crazy, wild wedding with my friends and family around. i'll be shakin my ass. "just no kids around"

Macalin   

ya..we all have plans for weddings.

inshallah..the one i have in mind is the simple traditional wedding(sourthern style yaah..not opening the xeero and xujjo stuff-which i lovvve tho').

anywhoo..like i said..bariis for the odayaasha..fataxada..and wateva the lady wants "AYADA SHUQUL IYO SHAQO ISKU LEH"(ilaahow mey u yeeratto Meekal Jackshoon!).lol.

But on a serious note..am a shy person and spotlites make me nervous..so unless she wants me to faint infront of all somalis/camera..then so be it..but it should be strictly islamic..RAGA gooni and women GOONI.

well for those of yall getting married or wanna get married..good luck..and rem watch out..don be a spend-thrift coz its HARAM!.

peace and enjoy wats left of the summer

Labka   

Having an expensive wedding is usually what Somalis are ascribed of reducing all of our Somali style of marriage. Why don't we all have a wedding in which we can afford of its materials

that doesn't cost a lot of money. That's really what is possibly important of having in our memory life for ever.Such weddings are the only ones that are worth of conserving the role of their future roots.And their relationship aint vanish that easy but remains just as golden history of a Nation till the end of once life( The Man or the Woman )

Remember the English saying " True Love never die" which is definitely true.

Dear Somalis, wake Up Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Specially Dumarka, Raga xujada ka daayaaaaa pleasee. The only way aan ku dhaqi karno reer tamar leh waa ayadoon iska dhaafno all the Western Illusions iyo khatalkooda.

PEaCe

-----

LoVe is blind but

relationship closes it's EyeS.

UnkNowN

Kamila   

Salaamu caleeykum,

Lulla Girl that is good idea keep on going.traditional wedding is the best.

Cushic_cutie girl you funny with camels aa I think when you want a camel you need to go back home there is alot of camels ;) .

Athena a Big wedding is gonna cost you more money and you know girl the most somalianmen r not that rich zo maybe (bangigiisa ayuu kuu soo qarxinaa markuu ku helana adiga ayey kaa go an tahay girl. anyways sister girl see ya.

Nuune actualy my wedding is still to come.

Yeah I know you'r stil Nuune so in the future that will be okey.

Jamaal yep you right that will be great.

Ahlaan wooooooooow Ahlaan Nice wedding maasha alaah I hope for you to have that wedding just invite me and I'll be there sister :rolleyes:

Magnoona girl believe me girl what ever you do expensive one is not gonna last for ever. chill girl.

Illmatic I see if you want that kind wedding that will be just fine.

Lakkad woow xeerada la isku xujeeynaayo oo ka buuxo oodkac iyo timirta la rifaaqay woow lakiinse su'aale can you open it waa ogtahay Habraha sida ay u soo xirxirayaan r you that strong man . icon_razz.gif anyways that will fun.

Labka I agree with you 100% so don't blam the dumarka only lakiinse you right some how I personaly wouldn't accept to spend more money coz when you have a big aroos like Hotel invite 300 Ppl that I don't 270 maybe I just know 30 of them and the rest they come to my wedding they eating my food and do I get bakc look they she looks (ala dharka ay xerantahay fiiri siduu u yaalo fiiribla bla bla) marka is better meel looga bahan yahay cuntadaas oo laguu soo duceeynaayo in aad ku sameeysaytid like somalia you know.

Keep on going girl/boys.

_______________Kamila________________________

Love is the qeust, Marriage is conquest, Divorce is the inquest.

Bohemian   

Hiya all

Labka nothing wrong having an extravagant wedding if and only if a couple are comfortably well off. I do agree with you that some somalis tend to exaggerate although their economy often doesn't allow more than the necessity of their future home. It's pitiful to see people working their soul to death for a year or more for only one event, and above all take loans in addition.

Honestly speaking how many somalis are that wealthy enough to be able to throw away such a lavish celebration? I would say rather few!! I also agree with you Lakad that some somali women see men as if they were ancestors of the Onassis and tend to make heavy demands on them, but there are those sensible women who are willing to contribute if they desire to have an expensive wedding.

D   

Wow it looks like I'm in the minority here. Like Lakkad, I'm a shy person, so I tend to avoid the spotlight at all costs! I do plan on getting married in the future, inshallah, but I'm really not interested in having an all out bash. To be honest, I'd rather save my pennies, and have a PHAT house! LOL I'll probably end up having a lunch for the men & a small party for the women.

I don't know I'm only 18, so I'm sure I'll change my mind in the future... who knows!

Rokko   

IC that Kamila and Jamal11 r trying to get ideas from their fellow nomads and I ain't mad at ya. Mine is coming insha Allah. Becuase I still never thought of getting mary anytime soon but would luv sharing it and what's better way than to keep it traditional you know. guys wearing Macawis,go' shaal,koofiyad. DUmarkana sidoo kale you know all dresssssssssssssed up with the Traditional and invite the Xerta Timo Waynta si ay uga digriyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Holla