Sign in to follow this  
Foxy

Let’s Talk fashion trends and Accessories Gals, lets start with “denim Jeans

Foxy   

Hi Gals

Okey here it goes, I am sure almost half of us in here owns or had owned a pair jeans. They might be washed up, Rugged, sexy, versatile and possibly the most popular item of clothing around, jeans are never go out of fashion, in fact they keep on being reinvented by the season.

Nowadays, the right pair can take you all the way from your desk (on Fridays since it’s a casual day wear) to dinner to the dance floor and back again. Denim is an essential must have -- Great-fitting jeans are the ultimate wardrobe essential -- and the hardest to find. Ones that both fit and flatter your figure and what to pair it to suit different occasions….

So lets share in here some classic save the day sort of Jeans dress code with out going through fuzz of deal……!!!!!……I could come up with a few

(Hint: the options of dressing up with pair jeans are limitless)

The Cant Be Bothered Look>>>>>>>> fitted T.shirt with low-cut bootleg denim jeans, to go with Sketchers/sneakers…don’t forget the belt

The Not too casual yet not dressed up rebel>>>>> straight fitted denim with a classic top that does the business day/nite to top it up with khaki bobmer Jacket, shoes (boots or open toes flats/medium heels)

The Casual Summer Look>>>>>> folded denim up to get the three quarter look pants, paired up with stretch cotton cuff shirts, top it up Fitted one button microfibre/denim/any fabric jacket complete it with flat out in low-rise tie shoes

The Chic/flirty/Dressy look >>>>>>pair the low cut Denim flares with tunic three quarter inch sleeves and top it up with flirty heels. Add a few classic jewelry pieces and you are ready to head out for an evening (let your imagination do the math to the endless possibilities).

So lets here it how many of U felt that pair of jeans is an ultimate investment

Next time we gone talk/discuss about Perfumes/Make ups/Essential Accessories

Hey-low right deeeh!?

1., you are talking to the wrong crowd, for one most of these xalimos dont wear jeans. they all wear Xijabs and long skirts and cabayas and all those thangs. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif [HeHeHe-This is quite sarcastic]

2.You should ask the brothers, because sincerely we know the type of jeans that would fit and look good on every woman.

For instance,the New APPLE Bottoms,any woman with a decent lower bottom,would instantly develop a "Bodankadonk"[Ala-sky style], Just look at a regular jennifer,whitegurl... ;)

Anywhoo,i just didnt wanna let u hanging there. so i had to reply for the sake of replying. Ignore my rants here. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by STOIC:

^^^Warya stop hanging outside the express jean store
:D
. .

:D Dude!@ Dude!. Hehehe.I need to stop staring the apple bottoms,Thats all Man

nafta   

Let's forget about denim (or even trousers for that matters) for a bit love because this summer (or what's left of it) is all about long, flowing skirts. Say goodbye to your old pair of thrusty jeans and hello to all things ethnic and gold!

I'm just loving these gypsy skirts at the moment and the different styles you can wear them in is endless. You can team them up with tunics and a nice funky belt for day chic, or a sequin top for night. Whatever floats your doon.

Besides, this will probably be the only season when you can buy nice looking skirts that aren't too short or too tight and will fit around your waist and bottoms nicely ;)

As for Accessories, I love the metallic look for bags especially for nights out or totebags by day (mind you I need to stop putting the whole of my room inside them :D ).

P.S. Sorry for going a bit off topic.

Originally posted by Afromali:

quote:Originally posted by STOIC:

^^^Warya stop hanging outside the express jean store
. .

Dude!@ Dude!. Hehehe.I need to stop staring the apple bottoms,Thats all Man
LoooL@ Apple Bottoms!!!... hmmmm

Originally posted by Foxy-brown:

Hi Gals

Nowadays, the right pair can take you all the way from your desk (on Fridays since it’s a casual day wear) to dinner to the dance floor and back again. Denim is an essential must have -- Great-fitting jeans are the ultimate wardrobe essential -- and the hardest to find. Ones that both fit and flatter your figure and what to pair it to suit different occasions….

Which denim company do you work for? icon_razz.gif

About fashion. It's kind of annoying, I've been dressing like a hippy for ages and suddenly everyone is doing it. I liked being the only hippy in the village. And also, it seems as if everybody frequents the same shops. You can't believe how many identical outfits I see in a day.

^^ Completely true, Xu. All the shops stock the same clothes these days.

Nafta, I hear you. I'm also loving all the gorgeous skirts out at the moment...watching others wear them, that is. I haven't bought anything but shoes for the last 4 months. redface.gif

But styles get recycled too quickly these days. These same sort of skirts, albeit not as glittery, were around spring 2004. I still have the ones I bought then.

Foxy,

Denim, huh? The bane of my life. Shopping for well-fitting and flattering jeans is akin to searching for the golden fleece. Impossible. The last time I found a worthy pair, I had been searching high and low for a whole month and they cost me an arm and a leg. Don't think am gonna go there anytime soon.

I much prefer the less-seasonal and more enduring utilitarian look, Khakis and linens, multi-pocketed but flatteringly-cut cargo trousers (Warehouse [uK?] stock the best..for our type of body shape), a splash of gypsy colour here and there and those prettily-knitted pastel cardies.

As for bags, Nafta, I'm there with you. I love the big totes too..especially the day-glo ones. Funnily enough, I never buy any, other people, usually my sisters and even my co-workers at times, buy them for me. My only two requirements are:

1)They must be bright enough (hot pink, turquoise blue, deep green, pure silver) to blind me and

2)Large enough for me to smuggle the odd illegal immigrant into the country in.

Now..shoes...ooh...shoes... *starts drooling*

espadrilles_veronica_c.jpg

507998af.jpg

521377af.jpg

1729-119458-d.jpg

It's all about the Espadrilles this summer. Altho am a flat-sandals type of girl..I can't help craving those wedges.

Pujah.   

my favorate jeans is the 7 jeans they fit perfect and never change no mater how many times you throw them in the washer

66398.jpg

Paired with the right type of heels, it can be killer look in the evening.

108478_1.jpg

oh and lets not forget what is 'in' this season....its all about those long sequented skirts.

89141-sik-l_77c0b.jpg

Xafsa   

^^^^wow! I´m too scard to try anything bright colored! But I love those bright colored short dresses...the ones with the elastic top half...strapless. Wear it with a skirt or pants..to cover up your shoulders wear one of those short blazers made from light material. Ilove this look...it works for fall too, just change the colors. Also any short sun dress would work.

^^ True...the summer-dress/pants/skirt look is very pretty and very easy to wear too.

I usually combine bright dresses with long loose light-coloured linen trousers. Tres chic!

Which reminds me..I need to do some seriously intensive shopping.

Araweelo...Luv the skirt. :cool:

Pujah.   

Xafsa I agree those short dresses paired with the right jeans look great on anyone.

Zephy how about this one?

t_16350.jpg

These are my kind of shoes

88973-blk-m_74c6f.jpg

0900631b80c9fa02T.jpg

Foxy   

Lolz Zu....none so far but planning to apply for one soon as their Sales and marketing department...just kiddin

am strapped for time now, but will log on later to few a more comments

cheers gals

Rahima   

No doubt you girls are truly Somali!

I am so conservative it is beyond ridiculous. My wardrobe is full of safe colours, colourful for me is a pastel colour, pastel green, pink, and in small doses. Even with the shoes, very safe, safe in colour and safe in heel height. I can’t ever imagine wearing the shoes posted by Zeph, good God :eek: . Aside from the fact I could never pull off those colours (even in the midst of Summer), the height is a hazard to both health and safety.

The brightest I ever get is at Somali weddings with the duruuc :D .

As for jeans, dumped them years ago thank-god smile.gif ! I can’t imagine having to search forever for a flattering pair.

Araweelo,

Skirt number 1 with the sequences is my kind of thing ;) , but the long part is often very very deceiving don't you find?

How many times have I entered a shop, supposedly it is a “long†skirt, I go to try it out and it is a three-quarter length skirt :mad: (on me anyway). Go for the longer skirts and the waist size is ridiculously too large. You just can't win with these white people and the indha yar are even worse with their miniture size clothing. Down under those are our only well-priced choices, the somali shops are just too bright for my liking and the well fiting clothes for us east Africans are very expensive (not something you can indulge in all the time).

Oh well :cool:

^ LoL @ you. You must be pretty tall.

Those shoes do need getting used to. But they are just so scrumptiously beautiful that I can't help buying them. I bought a pretty pair two weeks ago and they hurt the first time I wore them (silly me, I just bang them on and go to work not bothering to think of the amount of running around and walking I do in an average full day - ouch redface.gif )...and erm..I haven't had the courage to wear them since. :rolleyes:

Arawello,

Ooh...plain gorgeous!