Sign in to follow this  
The Resistance Movement

Should internatioal organisations go into Sudan?

Two questions that puzzled my mind for the past few weeks which I haven't been able to answer properly.Maybe you can icon_razz.gif !

Should The African Union, Canada, and the U.N. response force based in Khartoum send a stabiliztion force into Sudan, despite China's intention to Veto any resolution?

Does the ethnic cleansing massacre outweigh objections?

Gemocide is such an evil concept which needs to be adressed.Why do people kill others based on superficial divisions???

From my own perspective(could be consired basic response)the NATO nor the U.N can be trusted. NATO is basically an extension of the U.S military and the U.N has shown it's incompetence time and again. The only foreign assistance that i think would help is the African union. However i think they do not possess the drive nor resources for this venture. Any foreign military intervention will come with it's own hidden agendas.

Secondly most of the estimated deaths in Darfur are from hunger and disease, not directly from violence. And if you're going to look at the causes of hunger and disease, it's not just war, but also imperialist economic domination and underdevelopment.

Specifically in Sudan, U.S. imperialism simply has no interest in doing anything anyway. At most, they'll let it bleed for years as in Yugoslavia. They'll hypocritically proclaim that "the world can't just stand by" while doing exactly that. Then, conceivably, they may eventually intervene when both sides are sufficiently exhausted, and impose some settlement which will require continued intervention to enforce it, because it resolves none of the underlying problems.

Comments appriciated!

Fyr   

First of all welcome to SOL “The Resistance Movement†;)

I can’t see any international originations entering Sudan any time soon or for that matter ever. When it comes to the United Nations I can’t really picture any member state including those five permanent member states in the Security Council going against Chinas veto. If it occurs it would properly mean the end for the United Nations or create hostility between nuclear states.

When the U.S went into war with Iraq without UN’s permission it created allot of diplomatic and legitimacy crisis within the UN and that happened without any veto vote taking place.

Forget about AU resources or their drive, it’s in their principles not to interference in the internal affairs of the member stats. Those whom are already there are peacekeepers who can’t do jack shit for those poor people. Their fate rests with Allah now, peace.

Originally posted by The Resistance Movement:

Gemocide
is
such an evil concept which needs to be adressed.Why do people kill others based on superficial divisions??? [/QB]

Don't call the Darfur crisis 'genocide' or you might get a lotta hate letters from the SOL Arab League :D