Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Clownish WardheerNews: Clan Politicking for a Lost Cause

Fyr   

Mohamed Hussien H. Ali “KHANâ€

Hargeisa, SOMALILAND

Email: mohamedali2020@hotmail.com

I came across an unprofessionally written article about the commendable Somaliland Convention that was recently held in Los Angles under the auspices of the esteemed SOPRI. The article in question is an editorial by WardheerNews titled Clan Politics: a Solitary Journey to an Empty and Solitude Pride. What a travesty to objective journalism!!

Someone who has known you since childhood has already forcefully responded to you. However, I will throw my hat into the ring since you foolishly and callously attacked a clan that has courageously fought for its birthright of living in justice, equality and freedom.

Having analyzed the said article, I find it worthless and reprehensible. It is devoid of the basic rules of civility and responsible journalism, and spews nothing but hatred and baseless accusations. The views in it are myopic and self-defeating. What is the grudge WardheerNews has against Somaliland? It is obvious that it is jealous of Somaliland’s venerable achievements in communal harmony, peace-building and democracy.

WardheerNews, I have systematically and meticulously scrutinized your arguments. I’ve found them repugnant, shameful and full of holes. You may read on my rebuttal below:

o If you live in a glass house, it is not wise to throw stones at others. It is well known that the views on your WardheerNews are much clan-based and clan-oriented. One may promote the interest of his/her clan as long as he/she does it objectively and without trampling on the rights of others. You’re a hypocrite to accuse others of clan politics when you’re involved in it yourself

o You may deny it as much as you want but truly Somaliland is NOT a clan-based country. It has gone way beyond clan politics and is a nascent democracy committed to the pursuit of the common good for all its citizenry. Somaliland belongs to all Somalilanders equally – one and all. In spite of your envy and your denials, Somaliland is here to stay as ONE distinct nation living in harmony

o The SOPRI-organized Convention is an event that merits to be acknowledged by any one with a sense of decency (which you obviously lack). It has brought together officials from the government and the opposition to debate issues of national interest in an atmosphere of respect and dialogue. This can ONLY happen among Somalilanders to discuss issues in civility. In most other Somali conventions, fistfights and the throwing of chairs at each other are the norm

o Somali nationalism is dead as a dodo. It has been dealt two terminal blows.

- One in 1977 when Djibouti wisely opted to stay away from the Somali “Union†after it gained independence from the French. Djibouti took heed of the fate of Somaliland.

It is worth quoting here a thought-provoking Somali folklore.

Remember what the fox responded when the Lion enquired how she came to be so versed in the intricacies of fair dealing after she gave the lion’s share of the carcass to the King of the Jungle? She replied, “Isha Cumar ka laalaadda†is the lesson I learnt.

- The final coffin in the so-called union has been the brutal suppression of those fighting for their freedom, the reckless killing of the innocent men, women and children, and the destruction of cities in Somaliland

o A flag cannot be sacred as you claim. It is nothing more than a piece of cloth and has no sanctity since it is not an inspiration from God

o You foolishly discredit all the colours and symbols of the Somaliland flag. Since you’re ignorant, be reminded that the green colour has an Islamic significance

o You lamented that red stands for defending Ethiopia’s orthodox religion. Let me ask you this: What did the red stand for in your despicable uncle’s Red Beret?

o You claimed that the Somaliland flag does not capture any ones imagination. It is NOT meant to capture the imagination of fools. Never has, never will

o You wrote the Convention “is taking place in our backyardâ€. I wonder here what backyard of yours you’re talking about. Don’t you know that you live in the USA? Are you claiming to be more American than naturalized Somalilanders?

It seems you have mistaken the sounds of the waves of the Pacific Ocean with

the sound of the dusty whirlwind that is common in your hometown of Wardheer

o You talked about some negative energy at the SOPRI-organized convention. Instead, you’re the one who is wasting his energy. Why are you spreading gloom and doom about such a decent convention? Surely, you could have written about many positive and constructive highlights on the event and its participants

o TimaAdde, having better intellect than most of his generation, prophetically anticipated the doom of the “union†(not a union of two equals but a sellout) even though he praised its hoisting so eloquently with the kaana sib, kanna saar.

Exactly 10 days later after his famous poem of hoist that down and hoist this up, he had another prophetic one in which he expressed his profound disillusionment with the so-called Union. Read on and see it for yourself:

Ri’ dhashaaba layskaga daraa rubuca jiilaale

Ma riwaayadbaa calanku sow ruuxuun kuma reeyo

A lactating sheep can be a source of energy in the lean season

Is it a hallucination? How come independence does not benefit

even a single person?

TimaAdde did not stop there. He put together one more poem elaborating a little more on his disappointment with the “merger†and prophesying its downfall.

Waa taa sidii buul duqeed daaha loo rogaye

Ninowna dawladbaa Xamar fadhida haw durbaan tumanin

In similitude to bringing down the curtain on an old woman’s hut

No man should pin any hope on a government seated in Mogadishu

A favourite of the Kaba-Cad just after the ill-fated union was the followingt lyrics:

Gaajada ka baxbaan guntida u furtee Ma haddaan galay geerashkeedii

My intention was to eradicate poverty Oh my! Did I end up in its den

o You reminisce about the greatness of Qarshe and TimaAdde (both from Somaliland) while the blood of the most popular Somali singer, Mohamed Mogeh, is on your hands. Don’t you have any conscience left?

o Let me remind you that:

- TimaAdde hails from Gabiley where it is documented that sadist Tuke burned a Gabiley resident alive, and threw others alive into a waterhole. These were victimized not because they took arms up against your ****** . They were ONLY guilty by clan association

It is obvious you’ve lost your bearing since you’re commenting on a dead issue (as dead as a dodo) that does not even concern you in the least. Better expend your energy (your positive energy, if you have any left) on issues of your Wardheer. Charity starts at home. Address the serious problems of your clan. A case in point is the grave schism between your clan elders and the terrorist ONLF that terrorizes on your behalf.

It seems you’re still nostalgic about the rights you usurped in Somaliland when your uncle was calling the shots before the Giant Freedom Fighters came in from the cold to hunt him down. How much have times changed! You’re vengeful because you lost your privileges of having the same rights as any other Somali in Hargeisa and Mogadishu even though you did not belong to either. In fact, you had more rights than all. You’re vengeful of losing your residence in JigJiga Yar of Hargeisa where I coincidently reside now without fear of the notorious knock on the door at midnight.

WardheerNews I finally say to you: Af noolina wuu hadlaa, eeyna wuu ciyaa. You’re barking for no other reason than having a vendetta. It is obvious that your attack is – among other things - in retaliation of the elimination of your uncle in the gorge.

You foolishly wrote: Clan Politics: A Solitary Journey to an Empty and Solitude Pride

I proudly write: Far from clan politics: Not a solitary journey, but a voyage in solidarity, dignity and self-respect of a checkered history, and to a rosy future

NASSIR   

the author accusses someone of unprofessionalism, yet he is submerged by an emotional diatribes. He belches disgruntled voice of discontent that deviates from the normal thinking of a sane person. Much to his dismay and foolish denunciation, Wardheernews has published it for him to show impartiality of publications.

Is he a Somali or an Indian?

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by CAAMIR:

[q] the author accusses someone of unprofessionalism, yet he is submerged by an emotional diatribes. He belches disgruntled voice of discontent that deviates from the normal thinking of
a sane
person. [/q]

Doesn’t sanity depend on where you stand regarding an issue?!!..or at least that’s wat I thought.

Let me give you an e.g. have you ever heard of the mad mullah? i.e Sayid M.Cabdullah Hassan “as others would love to call himâ€. This guy is perceived by some Somali ppl as an evil man and was even compared to Fircoon in many poems and likewise he saw them as infidels or as ppl who shared destiny with infidels; to be precise.

Therefore don’t be surprised my friend as sanity is pure insanity in some parts of the Horn. You could be a sane wardheer resident for all we know and could turn up the next day into an insane psycho who roams round the streets of hargeisa, or vise versa. smile.gif

Mr. KHAN hit the nail on the head. It is very obvious this clanish website is having nostalgia of the gone days. Days when Gen. Aden Gabyow used to make them gather round him at Hargeisa's Khayria Square and say "Dhulkan dadkii lahaa way iskaga carareen, idinka ayaa iska leh maanta wixii ka danbeeya" aah :eek: :eek:

He sure is frozen in time. Open your eyes pal and smell xoorka geela. :D

Ninba laga hay laba walba isi saaray laba tagoogo se wali ismaan saarin. In daalac loo haysto ismaba oga? Doqoniimada lagu sheega waa ka lafta iyo dhuuxa. :eek:

WardheerNews, I have systematically and meticulously scrutinized your arguments. I’ve found them repugnant, shameful and
full of holes

Oh, really? Good. Let's hear it:

o You lamented that red stands for defending Ethiopia’s orthodox religion. Let me ask you this: What did the red stand for in your despicable uncle’s Red Beret?

Okay. A question: If the red doesn't stand for defending Ethiopia's Orthodox religion, what does it stand for? How does comparing the Somaliland flag to the Red Berets answer this intriguing question? :confused:

One guy made a claim. Another guy answered by not answering, but instead making a comment like 'your uncle' and some out-of-the-blue comparison to the dreaded Red Berets. So who's argument here is full of holes? :confused:

Sky   

Wardheernews' note when posting this article:

Editors Note: As a balanced and equal news portal that gives voice to all, WardheerNews decided to post the following article although the content is laden with emotion, unprofessionalism, accusatory tone and belligerence. This piece does not meet the high standards and intellectual capacity we set for our readers. However, we at WardheerNews support freedom of expression and as such would like to share with our reader’s diverse opinions, even those loaded with hate and vengeance. We do not intend to lower the quality of this web magazine and assure our readership we will stay the course.

:D

The sad thing is that the culprits of the old republic somehow still think they have credibility to engage in such topics, not to mention someone who hails from Wardheer. It reminds me of the old Somali story about the Theif(Tuug) who after he was caught stealing the day before, came the next morning with a Kitaab on his hands and tried to preach the village about Allah-ka-cabsi. :eek: :eek:

Now, the same man, who was rejoicing when my home city was being looted and destroyed wants to preach me of how I should run my affairs or the colours of my flag. :mad:

Even more sad is hat his ONFL has a flag very similar to the one he so cemented with the cheap shots.

The "Bulugley" that he mentioned and praises in his ediotorial, is the same flag his ONLF or rather WSLF as it was known back in 1977, refused to hoist on Godey city after the Somali army liberated it from the Ethiopians.

What I don't understand is whether or not this is shear ignorancy or just plain doqonimo. :confused:

Okay. A question: If the red doesn't stand for defending Ethiopia's Orthodox religion, what does it stand for?

The RED colour is tribute to the fallen sons who spilled their precious blood in freeing Maandeeq from its captives, and all the hardship that the people went through.

The White is a symbol of "Nabad iyo Caano"

The Green stands for political, social and economical development and prosperity.

The Shahaada and the Black Star are self explanatory.... :D

That is the flag of the Republic of Somaliland....