Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Would you marry just for love?

Modesty   

Alot of us have a long list of our potential "partner", but what would you do if your parents didn't approve of your partner because they consider him a "loser"? However, you might feel that you this person suits you well with their intelligence. What I want to know is how many of you would marry just for love, putting finances aside?

Jacpher   

No way! Just kidding.

How do you define love? Is it a true love? or just an extravagant and a short passion. In other words, a silly love and a temporary attraction & admiration.

People go through stages of life and one of them is the stage of feeling a silly love that lacks good reasoning and later becomes a controlling issue. Does your love tell you to disobey your parents or does it deceive you that you have a better judgment and intelligent than them?

At this stage in my life, I would not marry someone for love alone. There are other things on the list but definitely love is one of them. I stand behind my parents 100% since their love for me is far greater.

Almas   

I agree with all the above.

I really do believe my parents want me to be happy and only want whats best for me. So if they consider someone to be a looser; then they must be a looser. Sooo looosers stop being looossssers and get ya act together; beacuse im seeing way to many around. redface.gif

Bess.   

lol...u guys have given this some thought...so here are mine...

I think love is the end result of him having all the other attributes...if he is not a person compatible with me...what do we have to say to each other...that means the he is Somali( speaks somali), Muslim(prays 5 times or more), educated(went to college...or more), is ambitious and smart( can carry a conversation besides sports and wants to make something of himself)...is respectful to himself and to others( treats others well and doesn't act the fool), is social (is not a loner), he is funny( makes me laugh)....if he is all those things and he is cute to me (cause beauty is in the eye of the beholder), then I will fall in love with him and so will my parents...cause they raised me rite...and i know a fool when i see one... :D

Pujah   

Would I marry for love? Hell yes, for one if I think the guy is worth my love then I must have already done a bacground check on him, turned him upside down and concluded that he is worthy of my love. If he got my aproval then he most definetly has the aproval of may parents because they have raised me to use my lil brain cells and will stand behind my decisions. :D

A7LA-SHU   

Originally posted by Modesty:

What I want to know is how many of you would marry just for love, putting finances aside?

good one.. well i really don't think i would.. unless i know the whole finances issue is just temp thing he is just going thru now, but i know that isn't how he is like normaly. but if home boy can't care of ya. sweety it is gonna be matter of time before that "love" is gone and you two are yelling and ready to kill each other especially if kids come in the picture really soon..

hope that was helpful..

peace n 1 luv

I am a true romantic at heart, lol. I would without doubt marry just for love. I would hope that my parents are happy with my choice, but I wouldn't let their views overrule mine. Ultimately, it's my life and I guess I have to choose my own paths be they right or wrong. I've known too many people who have made sacrifices for the sake of others and lived to regret it and become embittered.

Seriously, life is way to short to do things for others at the expense of hurting yourself. Look after no.1, it's the best policy! icon_razz.gif

Are people confusing love with lust? Most people get married knowing each other a year or less...I don't think thats enough time to truly love a person.

Anyway...love is overrated. It has lost its being and sounds fake now-a-days.